• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics - Odin AP Revision

Oh, that. I will see if I can gather some relevant scans soon. But isn't tha like common knowledge when it comes to Odin? Like something that's common across most of his appearances?
although I have seen comics where it is mentioned, it is probably that we should look it up because not many people have read the specific appearances where it is shown and you are probably confused if you read the profile without the scans with that context

I just wanted to point out that this was not just an ordinary multiverse. Tom Defalco in several comics even before this saga had already shown that the multidimensionality of the Multiverse was to have infinite higher dimensions, and he only works with blatant displays of higher infinities.

Yeah, but, I mean, should it be a discussion though? We never use "holding back" as a thing in our tiering of profiles. It's always been "insert tiering here" up to "insert higher tiering here" or "Varies, up to insert tier here at their peak".

Actually, we do. Thor and Silver Surfer are two examples of this.
I know, they're the examples I was thinking of when referring to this:

"insert tiering here" up to "insert higher tiering here" .
(ignore the up to and it's the same thing.)

Holding back is not an inherent statistic in itself, but an implication or statement that allows the usage of a lower tier.

My point is, it's just a more specific version of the variable tier so it doesn't really make sense to discuss it like this, like two separate entries.

Let's explain it.

Tom DeFalco's multiverse cosmology is simply:
Tom DeFalco's intentions from the start were very clear in using Asgard as a stepping stone to invade every other plane of reality, those planes would be the infinite planes of time and space, Seth himself states that his attack was to corrupt the transdimensional integrity of Yggdrasil that existed on every plane of reality.

Given that said In his cosmology and the whole Seth saga it was very explicit that his Multiverse was High 1-B due to having infinite levels of higher infinities in his subspace, and that Yggdrasil covered all these planes of existence.

Also, I think this will be evaluations from @Antvasima @Ultima_Reality @The_Impress @Confluctor

It's not accepted as such. Heck we don't even accept infinite sized universe for marvel and DC apparently lol
Just by old standards, not that we have any cosmology blog explicitly by Tom DeFalco saying otherwise, right? Now, if you could look at the brief explanation I gave about his cosmology up there, you would see that the old standard is wrong.

Personally, I don't want to touch anything related to the cosmology of Marvel and DC verses here anymore in here. So, you should probably ask someone else. Sorry

Off the top of my head, the main two instances of 3-C for Odin are his fight against Jane Foster, where she held her own; and against Thanos, who tanked many of his attacks. Are there any others?

Let's explain it.

Tom DeFalco's multiverse cosmology is simply:
Fair enough. Nothing we didn't already know though. This is kind of one of the most consistent things in all of marvel, what with the Spider-man 2099 reboots and all other things.
Incompatible with our tiering system unless that room is the size of Galaxies. Then it would just be evidence of High 3-A.
Sure, but you're arguing for High 1-B.
This was probably what was meant when one of those staff members for the verse said the Celestials were actually Low 1-C. It's a shame that they weren't interested in elaborating.
This was never stated.
It's been discussed before and it's been decided that it probably shouldn't be considered relevant to the tiering system.

For one instance, it is mathematically wrong. Whether it's even numbers, whole numbers or natural numbers, their size in the degrees of infinity are all the same because their cardinality is the same. That is, you don't have to count to consider them to be superior to each other. Simple mapping will help you realize that they are all the same size.

Even putting them into power sets the way they did prove that they are the same level of infinity (that is, countable) since they are ordered into power sets which would make them ordinals which are not bigger, just ordered. Even infinite*infinite (or infinite sets of infinity) as depicted here or being transfinite levels of infinity beyond low 2-C (or rather, 2-A characters since they're about equal to MM and Beyonder who were affecting the multiverse) characters is still just 2-A.
Tom DeFalco's intentions from the start were very clear in using Asgard as a stepping stone to invade every other plane of reality, those planes would be the infinite planes of time and space,
A common misconception tbh. The stated planes aren't higher, or anything, they just exist in their own separate space-time continuum (unless proven otherwise).

However, the hyperspace is likened to a higher dimension. I'm neutral in regards to this scan, leaning closer to disagree. The planes of existence were never extrapolated on.
Seth himself states that his attack was to corrupt the transdimensional integrity of Yggdrasil that existed on every plane of reality.
So, looking up the definition of transdimensional I learned it can mean more than the three dimensions of space or being multidimensional, both of which are not enough to claim something is High 1-B.

Trans can mean beyond, but it can also mean across, the latter making more sense as Yggdrasil exists across every plane of reality. Not enough evidence to qualify for High 1-B here.
Also, I think this will be evaluations from @Antvasima @Ultima_Reality @The_Impress @Confluctor
You shouldn't tag staff. Only staff can do so.

In summary 2A is safer but I wouldn't be opposed to Low 1-C either. I disagree with High 1-B.

Last edited:
I would recommend sorting out the writers of the anti-feats and the "equal to others" statements so we have a gauge of what the majority is published.

I'll be looking into this respect thread's sources later.

Godly Power Feats and Statements (WIP)

Last edited:
Godly Power Feats and Statements
What's the relevance?
Only one usable imo
That's what's causing the problem. Odin actually has feats but this guy...
Statements like this should be disregarded immediately ngl. Have seen tier 2s call tier 3a "great powe"
Tier 6 🗿
Also usable
Eh, didn't she get jobber or something? I will recheck

I am not sure. What has been accepted here so far?

I am not sure. What has been accepted here so far?
3-C, possibly 2-A Zeus seems to be the general consensus.

Odin is to be declared a variable tier (seemingly starting at 3-C due to scaling to Jane Foster, though I would prefer we use the infinity fight in Thor issue 185 where he actually destroyed a galaxy than powerscaling since the fight against Jane wasn't very impressive feat wise, only affecting a couple of planets) up to 2-A using the Odinsleep as a mechanism, thus removing the possibly rating.

Last edited:
it was galaxies according to the text
True, I guess scaling to Thor/Jane is fine then.
and they threatened the universe
When was this stated? The only universal statements I remember from then was: Thor (mistakenly) thought infinity would destroy the universe but it was revealed he would just enslave it, Odin's questionable statement that the endless cosmos can't hold them both and them destroying space and time on an unknown scale.

I don't understand how that scan gives Galaxy Odin.
During the battle with infinity it showed a planet being destroyed and a galaxy being warped in conjunction with his narration though if Odin's statement is to be taken at face value it would be a 3-B feat, so it probably shouldn't be used.

Which one? This '"insert object here" not being big enough for the both of us' isn't really a scalable feat. The space-time thing was kind of localized since we know for a fact the Earth was still more or less in tact.

I'm good with 2-A using legit reasons. But to note, I had my doubts with 2-C feats involving the 9 realms since I don't believe the space between them is that of the space bewteen universes in a multiverse, even if the realms are individually universes.

Back