• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Universal upgrade needs to happen and culex shouldn't be an outlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason for this topic is because that Mario could fight off against culex, a boss in smrpg who could consume matter and antimatter and control time as well, and one of the most powerful Mario villians yet. Mario did face multi galaxy beings like bowser, and faced him 2 times. Also he fought culex who was universal, for those who don't know culex could consume matter,antimatter and time too. Also it never really showed Mario struggling with any boss. he may have been startled at times, but he didn't really struggle. What do you guys think, I would like to see your votes.

The guy above me is right.

Culex in attack potency is universal, everything else is Planet level or below.

Plus culexs ability to consume time can't be directed to actually harm his opponents.

Mario can't really receive an upgrade.

Okay it's like saying boros isn't a planet buster or multi continental because he stated he could. Also, he is sent to dominate the universe{of Mario}. Another thing is that if he could control matter then he could consume almost anything, and if he could consume time, that means he could end the timeline of that person and that that person would cease to exit.

Culex never said he could destroy the universe. You shouldn't make assumptions like that based off of a single, pretty much meaningless statement.

Besides, is Culex even canon?

Okay its like saying that the zeno king isn't multiversal because of statements from beerus, nice points however. Also its also like saying sonic isn't ftl in base form because omega stated it. Most feats are made by statements, so yeah

Culex does literally nothing but say a few lines of flowery language to hype himself up, fight Mario, and then leave back to his own world.

We don't know who he is or where he came from, and he has absolutely no feats or even statements to put him at Universe level, or any level, really.

I'm not even sure how you would properly tier him.

This is quite a fair bit different. Not sure if it really warrants a universal upgrade, since it seems to use dimension incorrectly.

Promestein said:
This is quite a fair bit different. Not sure if it really warrants a universal upgrade, since it seems to use dimension incorrectly.
If it doesn't, it implies Culex is lower dimensional, which...doesn't make sense.

For the last time, no. Again, several fictional characters have been strip from this policy such as Kirby and Sonic for several reasons such as struggling against lower tiered beings which also applies to Mario. There's no reason to give Mario free rides from this policy. We judge all characters fairly. Therefore, Culex shall remain an outlier until further notice. End of discussion.

Flames of power64 said:
oh no Mario needed help in that fight from his party. there is no way this upgrade could even happen.
That's a terrible explaination. It's a turn based RPG. Characters in this genre rarely fight alone. By that logic, many FF characters and Earthbound characters who recieved their ratings would be striped from it. It's only when there is a certian event or influence by character via plot is where the rating is determined. Example is Ike with Yune's power. Again, the Mario don't recieve their ratings because of what I just stated.

Dino Ranger Black said:
Flames of power64 said:
oh no Mario needed help in that fight from his party. there is no way this upgrade could even happen.
That's a terrible explaination. It's a turn based RPG. Characters in this genre rarely fight alone. By that logic, many FF characters and Earthbound characters who recieved their ratings would be striped from it. It's only when there is a certian event or influence by character via plot is where the rating is determined. Example is Ike with Yune's power. Again, the Mario don't recieve their ratings because of what I just stated.
Do you even play Fire emblem most of the battles are 1v1s unless you make plus Ike got that power given to him by a goddness so he is stuck with those powers and which is why Ike has a key on his page for base ike. As for EarthBound only Ness and Paula are scale to Universal level for AP. i see where your coming from a better example would have been FF characters. how even that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back