• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maou Gakuin Regeneration Downgrade (High-Godly to Mid-Godly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't beat them, change the standards I guess. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen this happen.

Anyways, as of right now we do have enough support to apply the downgrade barring further input (2-1, or 3-1 if Glass agrees [which he seems to? idk]), but if that thread gets applied I have no issue with reverting the regen to high-godly. Of course, I'll have to start looking into individual cases of regen if that's the case on top of everything else I have planned...
? When you got enough staff support? Where glass agreed? Plancks explicitly said he want to hear more opinions on it and the thread I've created is not to change the standard, read properly, it's to change the poor wording to something that makes it look more understandable for ppl who are misunderstanding it as smth that contradicts the definition.

? When you got enough staff support? Where glass agreed? Plancks explicitly said he want to hear more opinions on it and the thread I've created is not to change the standard, read properly, it's to change the poor wording to something that makes it look more understandable for ppl who are misunderstanding it as smth that contradicts the definition.
With your CRT, MGK keeps it's High Godly, don't worry

Nope, Reiners's CRT seems pretty much accepted. You still can't apply the changes

Anyways, now your argument about HGR regen Falls flat
They're literally still waiting on DT's amendments to the rule. We will have to wait and see what those changes are and if MG will still qualify under them. There's no guarantee of that happening.

I said if Glass agrees, which I just assumed because he's argued on my behalf a few times in this thread. The point remains that we have a staff majority.

They're literally still waiting on DT's amendments to the rule. We will have to wait and see what those changes are and if MG will still qualify under them. There's no guarantee of that happening.

I said if Glass agrees, which I just assumed because he's argued on my behalf a few times in this thread. The point remains that we have a staff majority.
Fuji, what is point of applying right now? Like your whole thread is dependent on reina's thread.

Normally yes, but further information and description of the difficulty would be needed for Type 3 concepts specifically. I await that being given or DontTalkDT clarifying what is meant in that page. Until then, the premise of the downgrade is fairly solid.
Plancks, as it's confirmed that we don't have much clarification regarding Type 3 and it's obvious enough that it being equal to Type 2 or 1 was just poor wording and it's just have to be more fundamental than soul, can you clear your stance once again?

DT already replied XD
Yeah, and people are asking for elaboration from him so they know what changes will be made. The page is definitely getting changed, we just don't know what it'll be changed to.

Fuji, what is point of applying right now? Like your whole thread is dependent on reina's thread.
A thread shouldn't be delayed just because of another, adjacent thread. The changes can always be reverted if Reiner's thread makes HGR valid again.

Plancks, as it's confirmed that we don't have much clarification regarding Type 3 and it's obvious enough that it being equal to Type 2 or 3 was just poor wording and it's just have to be more fundamental than soul, can you clear your stance once again?
This was never agreed upon so idk what the hell you're talking about.

Anyways we should just either wait for the thread to get more input, wait for Reiner's thread, or apply the changes once the grace period is over (and then likely revert them).

If you can't beat them, change the standards I guess. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen this happen.
and i have seen more bruhh,

but anyway it isn't literal changing the standard, because the standard is confusing in the first place. After the source got downgrade to type 3, thus make this is the first time we deal with regen from concept type 3 destruction

No, let's not accuse each other or just start a cat fight, I asked plancks to response as DT not be responding in this thread is clear besides, it doesn't have enough consensus anyway.

So, I was going through the thread, but just to make sure:
What are the arguments against HGR?
What are the arguments for?

Source is one's most fundamental aspect of existence besides mind, body and soul, one can restore soul and other things but if source destroyed, it's the end. They can't be resurrected. That meets the definition of HGR.

Source is most fundamental aspects of one's existence than soul ≈ regen based Type 2 or 1. ...(1)

Source is most fundamental aspects of one's existence ≈ source. ...(2)

Source ≈ Type 3 concept. ...(3)

Evaluating (1) and (2) and (3); we get;

Type 2 or 1 concept based regen ≈ Source.

That's all there is to it, unless we just want fiction to mention that "Regenerating from Source is as Difficult as Type 2 and 1 concepts", no, we gotta find it ourselves by understanding the standards.

One admin disagreed here and he got more significant weight on evaluation than two staff members who unironically agreed with Reina's thread that goes actually against what you are applying.

Fuji, you are not acting as adult responsible right now, this is rushing into conclusions knowing you are fully wrong. Drop it

The argument in favor of HGR is that the source is a fundamental concept, existing deeper than the mind and soul, therefore making it a fundamental aspect of oneself.

The argument against HGR is that sources were recently downgraded to type 3 concepts. The HGR page states that type 3 concepts can only qualify if they are shown to be difficult to regenerate as type 1/2 concepts (eg; a character can regen a type 2 concept, but not type 3). Sources do not meet this standard, so they cannot get HGR.

One admin disagreed here and he got more significant weight on evaluation than two staff members who unironically agreed with Reina's thread that goes actually against what you are applying.

Fuji, you are not acting as adult responsible right now, this is rushing into conclusions knowing you are fully wrong. Drop it
Dread, I am literally waiting for the grace period at minimum, that is not rushing. The other thread hasn't concluded yet and we don't know how the standards will change yet. You are just assuming MG will still qualify, and while it very well might, we should not reject a downgrade on the basis that it could become wrong later.

The argument in favor of HGR is that the source is a fundamental concept, existing deeper than the mind and soul, therefore making it a fundamental aspect of oneself.

The argument against HGR is that sources were recently downgraded to type 3 concepts. The HGR page states that type 3 concepts can only qualify if they are shown to be difficult to regenerate as type 1/2 concepts (eg; a character can regen a type 2 concept, but not type 3). Sources do not meet this standard, so they cannot get HGR.
What the hell does it mean for something to be as hard to regenerate as a type 1 or 2 concept?

What the hell does it mean for something to be as hard to regenerate as a type 1 or 2 concept?
You would have to ask whoever wrote the page.

"High-Godly: The ability to regenerate after the erasure of body, mind, and soul, along with at least one even more fundamental aspect of a character's existence, such as their place in the narrative, their entire history, or the underlying information (Type 2) or concept(s) (Type 1 or 2, but only very rarely 3, if there is strong evidence of being similar to the former types in terms of how hard it is to regenerate from them) needed for them to exist."

In my eyes, it means type 3 isn't treated as HGR by default, but it can be if the verse treats it as similar to history, type 2 info, or higher concept types. Like a type 3 concept that controls someone's history would qualify, I guess.

He'll OP himself don't know what that means, he just repeat the same sentence over time and not realising no one understands it

"High-Godly: The ability to regenerate after the erasure of body, mind, and soul, along with at least one even more fundamental aspect of a character's existence, such as their place in the narrative, their entire history, or the underlying information (Type 2) or concept(s) (Type 1 or 2, but only very rarely 3, if there is strong evidence of being similar to the former types in terms of how hard it is to regenerate from them) needed for them to exist."

In my eyes, it means type 3 isn't treated as HGR by default, but it can be if the verse treats it as similar to history, type 2 info, or higher concept types. Like a type 3 concept that controls someone's history would qualify, I guess.
The one who wrote it will change it according to reina draft which makes this thread meaningless

If this was how it worked then nobody would ever be allowed to make tier 1 or tier 2 revisions, because those standards change every other week :v
Fuji, this is worst argument ever since this exact thread is about your wrong interpretation that you could not even explain it yourself

@Duedate8898 you can close the thread. This standards is going to be changed because OP himself don't even know what it means

The one who wrote it will change it according to reina draft which this thread make it meaningless
We don't know that yet. Come back when the changes have been actually applied, and we can look at the new standards together. But stop pretending the new standards will invariably take your side here.

He'll OP himself don't know what that means, he just repeat the same sentence over time and not realising no one understands it
I understand what it means. You not understanding it isn't my problem.

When I can argue that it just being more fundamental aspect of one's existence can as well be equally valid as per our standards? When you yourself cannot be sure what our standard mean, then basis of downgrade doesn't even stands.
You understand what? Literally the one who wrote it said himself it is vague and he prefer reina one. Oh my god this became childish

When I can argue that it just being more fundamental aspect of one's existence can as well, be equally valid as per our standards? When you yourself cannot be sure what our standard mean, then basis of downgrade doesn't even stands.
Exactly she literally said this

Like wtf? She could not even answer it

Hey Dread, can you tell me what the new HGR description will be? Just so we can judge this thread based on that? Because if you're so certain that it debunks me, then surely it must've already been decided on, right?

You're all acting like children, jesus christ.

I know what the page means. It isn't hard to figure out. You're just nitpicking over extremely specific word choices and not even acknowledging the broader points because you know the standards as they are now don't agree with you. When the standards change, then yes, maybe HGR will be valid again. But the standards right now simply do not agree with you.

I will request this thread to be closed. Not dealing with this childish unaware behaviour.

But to answer your question, I can assure you that all staff members who appeared there agreed that this line that you are using and abusing it's vagueness will be removed

Hey Dread, can you tell me what the new HGR description will be? Just so we can judge this thread based on that? Because if you're so certain that it debunks me, then surely it must've already been decided on, right?
Even as per our standard currently given how vague it is, it can be interpreted in the way I said without contradicting anything while yours does and makes it look vague, that said, it doesn't have any basis to proceed from here on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back