• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maou Gakuin Regeneration Downgrade (High-Godly to Mid-Godly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A continuation of this thread. As previously accepted, sources are no longer eligible as type 2 concepts, nor are they type 2 information. Most characters in the verse have high-godly regeneration from recovering their sources, which until recently were fundamental aspects of the self. However, since that's no longer the case, source regeneration cannot be high-godly; As stated on the regeneration page, HGR cannot typically be achieved through the regeneration of type 3 concepts. They can, however, qualify so long as they are treated as being as difficult to regenerate from as type 1/2 concepts, type 2 information, or so on:

"High-Godly: The ability to regenerate after the erasure of body, mind, and soul, along with at least one even more fundamental aspect of a character's existence, such as their place in the narrative, their entire history, or the underlying information (Type 2) or concept(s) (Type 1 or 2, but only very rarely 3, if there is strong evidence of being similar to the former types in terms of how hard it is to regenerate from them) needed for them to exist."

So either Maou Gakuin supporters provide proof that sources are as difficult to regenerate as type 1/2 concepts, or HGR goes. Very simple. I would like to again remind people that this has nothing to do with whether or not sources are fundamental; Rather, it is specifically about how difficult they are to regenerate relative to higher concepts. Please do not bring up irrelevant quotes of the source being a fundamental concept, and we'll get through this a lot quicker.

this is a shorter thread than i thought it would be but it's like 99% based on already accepted stuff so shut up

Concepts type 3 still can get High Godly Regeneration so Disagree. Character already has Mid Godly Regeneration. So Regenerating from Fundamental Conceptual Destruction doesn't make it higher degree of Mid Godly Regeneration. Which is Never a thing in our wiki.

Even in previous threads many people and staff already pointed out.

Concepts type 3 still can get High Godly Regeneration so Disagree. Character already has Mid Godly Regeneration. So Regenerating from Fundamental Conceptual Destruction doesn't make it higher degree of Mid Godly Regeneration. Which is Never a thing in our wiki.

Even in previous threads many people and staff already pointed out.
jesus dude, you did the ONE THING i asked people not to do in this thread :/

What do you think this line on the regeneration page means?

"but only very rarely 3, if there is strong evidence of being similar to the former types in terms of how hard it is to regenerate from them"

jesus dude, you did the ONE THING i asked people not to do in this thread :/

What do you think this line on the regeneration page means?

"but only very rarely 3, if there is strong evidence of being similar to the former types in terms of how hard it is to regenerate from them"
Really don't care about your bias. As I said there is no higher degree of Mid Godly Regeneration. How hard to it is Regeneration from them? Yeah what's deeper Regeneration than Mid Godly? That's Clear cut high godly regeneration.

I am not gonna bother arguing further. Just put me as Disagree.

Really don't care about your bias. As I said there is no higher degree of Mid Godly Regeneration. How hard to it is Regeneration from them? Yeah what's deeper Regeneration than Mid Godly? That's Clear cut high godly regeneration.

I am not gonna bother arguing further. Just put me as Disagree.
What does any of this have to do with "bias".... I literally just quoted the page. It's not about "deeper than mid-godly", it requires being as hard to regenerate as type 1/2 concepts or something else.

Let me do this one step at a time. Are there any characters in Maou Gakuin who can regenerate from the destruction of type 2 information, type 1 or 2 concepts, their narrative, or their history (not their source)?

How hard to it is Regeneration from them? Yeah what's deeper Regeneration than Mid Godly? That's Clear cut high godly regeneration.
Oh boy, how wrong this is.

No, going "deeper" than Mid-Godly Regen is still Mid-Godly Regen, you don't just go "oh, well, High-Godly is deeper than Mid-Godly, and they regenerate deeper than Mid-Godly, so it's High-Godly" and expect it to work. You need actual proof that the Type 3 Concept is as difficult to regenerate from as a Type 1 or Type 2 Concept.

This is akin to me saying I can reach deep into a pool to try and grab a rock, and then reach deeper, then say "I grabbed the rock" without actually grabbing it. It's not High-Godly no matter how you slice it.

I agree with the downgrade.

What does any of this have to do with "bias".... I literally just quoted the page. It's not about "deeper than mid-godly", it requires being as hard to regenerate as type 1/2 concepts or something else.
I am calling you biased because Whatever you claiming doesn't exists in wiki standard.
Let me do this one step at a time. Are there any characters in Maou Gakuin who can regenerate from the destruction of type 2 information, type 1 or 2 concepts, their narrative, or their history (not their source)?
Type 3 concepts does need that you are making things up. It's just how hard to regenerate from show me a character with higher degree of Mid Godly Regeneration in the wiki. I will Concede.

I am calling you biased because Whatever you claiming doesn't exists in wiki standard.

Type 3 concepts does need that you are making things up. It's just how hard to regenerate from show me a character with higher degree of Mid Godly Regeneration in the wiki. I will Concede.
Dude.

Literally just read the regeneration page. Is the wiki biased and making things up too?
image.png

Oh boy, how wrong this is.

No, going "deeper" than Mid-Godly Regen is still Mid-Godly Regen, you don't just go "oh, well, High-Godly is deeper than Mid-Godly, and they regenerate deeper than Mid-Godly, so it's High-Godly" and expect it to work. You need actual proof that the Type 3 Concept is as difficult to regenerate from as a Type 1 or Type 2 Concept.

This is akin to me saying I can reach deep into a pool to try and grab a rock, and then reach deeper, then say "I grabbed the rock" without actually grabbing it. It's not High-Godly no matter how you slice it.

I agree with the downgrade.
False Analogy.

You are grabbing the rock not something Deeper than rock

Soul and concepts both are different things. Even many staff clearly pointed out this in previous threads. So you better go back and read that. Anyway I am gonna unfollow this bias have fun i have shared my thoughts.

Lmao there is no higher degree of Mid Godly regeneration it's just you people making things up.

Well, bye. If someone could call staff here, or members knowledgeable on Maou Gakuin who could provide the evidence I asked for, that would be great.

I asked you to show me a character with higher degree of Mid Godly Regeneration in wiki. Because it already shows how hard to regenerate from fundamental Conceptual Destruction in Maou.
Okay, not what I asked for though. Is there, say, a character who can regenerate from history erasure but can't regenerate from source destruction? Because that'd help your case a lot.

Okay, not what I asked for though. Is there, say, a character who can regenerate from history erasure but can't regenerate from source destruction? Because that'd help your case a lot.
If there is a character who can Regenerate from history erasure then that character will get high godly regeneration what TF concepts type 3 is nothing based on that staff twisting things make a revision for high godly if you claim that.

If there is a character who can Regenerate from history erasure then that character will get high godly regeneration what TF concepts type 3 is nothing based on that staff twisting things make a revision for high godly if you claim that.
That's not what I mean. If regenerating a source is harder than regenerating your history, then that'd mean sources qualify for high-godly. However, if this is not the case, then source regeneration will not grant high-godly. This is clearly explained on the regeneration page, so it's you who would need to make a CRT to change those standards, not me.

That's not what I mean. If regenerating a source is harder than regenerating your history, then that'd mean sources qualify for high-godly. However, if this is not the case, then source regeneration will not grant high-godly. This is clearly explained on the regeneration page, so it's you who would need to make a CRT to change those standards, not me.
Wow tell me what does Regenerating from source destruction counts them. Can you show me a higher degree of Mid Godly Regeneration types in Regeneration page ?

You are grabbing the rock not something Deeper than rock
Firstly, you're twisting my words; my analogy is that the rock is High-Godly Regen, and the pool itself is Mid-Godly. Doesn't matter how far your Mid-Godly can go, if you don't grab the rock (High-Godly), you're not reaching that level. I don't know where you got the idea that the rock wasn't High-Godly.
Because it already shows how hard to regenerate from fundamental Conceptual Destruction in Maou.
Secondly, reverse burden of proof; it's not on the OP to prove a negative, it's on you to prove the positive claim, aka that Maou Gakuin Type 3 Concepts are as difficult to regenerate from as Type 1 or Type 2 Concepts. The Regen page VERY CLEARLY outlines that in order for a Type 3 Concept High-Godly to count, it needs proof that said Type 3 Concept requires a level of regeneration such that it matches Type 1 or Type 2 concepts. You haven't proven that thus far, so unless you do so, High-Godly should be axed in favor of Mid-Godly.

Quit saying, "oh, but it's SO HARD to regenerate from-", you're plugging your ears and singing songs to try and ignore the fact that you need to provide proof of your claims.

Wow tell me what does Regenerating from source destruction counts them. Can you show me a higher degree of Mid Godly Regeneration types in Regeneration page ?
I never said it was a higher degree. You just came up with that yourself. Source regeneration would just be mid-godly.

Seems Fujiwara is 1-0 on Maou Gakuin. A couple weeks before Wrestlemania, can she achieve the 2-0?

Can you show me a higher degree of Mid Godly Regeneration types in Regeneration page ?
Also, this is isn’t exactly relevant. High-Godly has explicit definitions, and if it doesn’t match, it just doesn’t. Say X has Mid-Godly. Y hits X with an attack that just kills them. Y tries the same to Z, but they come back, but it’s not stated they attacked them on a deeper fundamental level. Still Mid-Godly.

CM type 3 with Deeper than Mid Godly Regeneration is high godly regeneration unless you show me example in wiki not treating characters like that.
The example is the regeneration page, which I have quoted multiple times, and which you have ignored every time. I will ask again: Is there an example of a Maou Gakuin character regenerating their type 2 information, their type 1 or 2 concept, their place in the narrative, or their history, but still being unable to regenerate their source?

I agree right now for the record.

@EldemadeDityjon if you, or any other MG supporter for that matter, cannot shit out some proof like Fuji asked, the only ones siding with you will be yourselves.
Sure whatever everyone knows you hate the verse.

Proof is already there when it's a fundamental concepts not soul or mind. Whatever Fuji said has nothing to do with mid godly regeneration. Anyway Tatsumi is working on a different thread i am not interested in this. I am unfollowing.

Sure whatever everyone knows you hate the verse.

Proof is already there when it's a fundamental concepts not soul or mind. Whatever Fuji said has nothing to do with mid godly regeneration. Anyway Tatsumi is working on a different thread i am not interested in this. I am unfollowing.
I dislike the supporters, I just find the verse the greatest sin for any material... boring.

So you don't have any.

I dislike the supporters, I just find the verse the greatest sin for any material... boring.
That's what called hatred nothing else.
So you don't have any.
Proof was already there in last thread. There is no coming back from Infinite incarnation even though character can come back when the body , Soul and spirit gets destroyed. Anyway I have already unfollowed the thread. So don't tag me.
“If you plan to kill me, then kill me! I’ll return as many times as it takes. If I don’t succeed in this life, I’ll return in the next. I’ll never forget this resentment—not until all demons are eradicated from this world!”

“Did you think you’d return after this life, Diego?”
“Do you see? This is your source.”

With my right hand, I drew a magic circle in the air. It was the circle for Vebdoz. As I reached my hand inside the circle, my fingers became stained a deep black.

“Directly affecting one’s source is difficult, but Vebdoz and other such spells make it possible.”

I scratched the white orb with my nails.

“G-Gaaaaaah! Guwaaaaaaaaaaahhh!”

His screams were louder than the cries of a dying man.

“Now do you understand? Having your source wounded is an agony worse than death. Condensing every imaginable pain in this world into one would still be incomparable. After all, the deaths of your infinite number of future incarnations are occurring all at once.”

Proof was already there in last thread. There is no coming back from Infinite incarnation even though character can come back when the body , Soul and spirit gets destroyed. Anyway I have already unfollowed the thread. So don't tag me.
Hatred is a heavy term, for instance, I'm bored with Warcraft lore, but that doesn't mean I hate it. I'm just pure neutral on MG as a verse, I just find it boring as hell, you can count the verses I genuinely dislike on one hand, and MG ain't on that list, shit like DB is

Thank you, now this thread can actually be put into motion.

This is not the evidence needed for HGR. Even if we assume someone is regenerating their infinite future selves in the process of regenerating their source, that still doesn't qualify as regenerating a fundamental part of the self (which as of now is only encompassed by type 1/2 concepts, type 2 info, history, and narrative). A future is not a fundamental aspect, or at least we don't treat it as one. As I said before, type 3 concepts, regardless of how "fundamental" they are, must have direct showings of being harder to regenerate from compared to type 1/2 concepts. So, yet again I ask: Do you have scans of such showings?

This is also the third time you've said you were unfollowing the thread......

Is there a character on the wiki who has a High Godly Regeneration that has been regenerated from the destruction of Type 3 Concepts?

There are many verses who want to have this ability, but I haven't seen anyone have it yet.

I disagree. You barely understand the rule that you put because you don't need an actual evidence of them requiring to regenerate as hard as CM type 2 or type 1 (as it needs CM type 1 or Type 2 instances in verse),but moreover if it can hard regenerate as CM 1 or CM type 2 in terms of the same functionality and fundamentality.

Yet you can't even provide a single logical sentiment that regeneration after source destruction is mid-godly while characters can regenerate with having only source and this qualifies as mid-godly.

So two regeneration that are completely different and have the same type?

I disagree. You barely understand the rule that you put because you don't need an actual evidence of them requiring to regenerate as hard as CM type 2 or type 1 (as it needs CM type 1 or Type 2 instances in verse),but moreover if it can hard regenerate as CM 1 or CM type 2 in terms of the same functionality and fundamentality.
So how would you interpret this text, Dread? Because it clearly implies to me that type 3 concepts need to be hard to regen as type 1 or 2 concepts in order to get HGR.
"...but only very rarely 3, if there is strong evidence of being similar to the former types in terms of how hard it is to regenerate from them"

Yet you can't even provide a single logical sentiment that regeneration after source destruction is mid-godly while characters can regenerate with having only source and this qualifies as mid-godly.

So two regeneration that are completely different and have the same type?
Yes. For example, a character who can reform his physical body from his soul would have low-godly. A character who can reform his physical body alone from a concept that exists deeper than the soul would also have low-godly. Two very different scenarios, but both end up with the same degree of regen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back