• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maou Gakuin No Futekigousha Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learn again the word before you make translation
Mf tries to be an expert at Japanese language and said “learn again the word” to someone who does know and speak Japanese well enough in this wiki, while he himself admits literally on the first page that all his translations are from MTL.

Worse, it is used to upgrade the cosmology. Anyway, agree with the downgrade if the issues is on the translation stuff.

Okay @Fixxed stop stonewalling, I will take the TL of an actual person fluent in JP over MTL, and the wiki does too.
If this keeps up, I will have to report you

Why rely on mtl over someone who's actually fluent in the language?
Bruh someone can manipulate the translation for they own sake, but machine cant

It literally seperate the word spread out and the word infinite possibilities, make the word "spread" out is mean for all the infinite possibilities spread all at once not for possibility spread out to infinity

Bruh someone can manipulate the translation for they own sake, but machine cant

It literally seperate the word spread out and the word infinite possibilities, make the word "spread" out is mean for all the infinite possibilities spread all at once not for possibility spread out to infinity
You know who is manipulating translations for their own sake though?
That's right, you : )

43vyg7.jpg

ナフタの愛とともにそこには無限の可能性が広がり
Correction.
I was playing Biohazard 4 and got distracted, but it says that endless possibilities spread through the love of Naphta
It sounds like purple prose at this point.
Furthermore, it says "countless worlds", so safe to say it isn't "infinite" as the meaning is too ambiguous.

@Fixxed dude anyone here can pull the same card back at you for manipulating the translation just so you can get 2-A easily. Enough with the accusations, prove possibilities are universes or drop the topic.
Bruh translate that in any website or blablbla, it just like what i say. I just literally copy paste the translation

I look at this sentence again
ナフタの愛とともにそこには無限の可能性が広がり
and it not possibility expand or spread to infinite

But like this:
Google translate:
Infinite possibilities spread with the love of naphtha
DeepL:
With Nafta's love, there are endless possibilities spreading out there.
NGL, this sounds more like a metaphor or a hyperbole rather than literal "infinite possibilities"...

I don't know any of this, but the part about Future World Crystal said this.

imgur.com/a/IzvaVM9#yWQ7GZ1

"The future is not locked into one. Alongside the love of Nafta, the infinite possibilities in there expand, people hold hope in their heart and seize for the better future. Dragon Knights, be afraid not!"

The "in there" is either the "future" or "love of Nafta", otherwise it doesn't sound anything than metaphor.

Furthermore, it says "countless worlds", so safe to say it isn't "infinite" as the meaning is too ambiguous.
Bruh the countless world in here not in same context as the possibility. The countless world refer to the bubble, and the possibility is not bubble

@Fixxed We do not take MTL over human translation if the latter is available, period.

Enough stonewalling. Any posts from here on put that are still insisting on machine translation will summarily be deleted.

Since Deceived as already dropped out of the race, I will not addressing him directly, just his points in general
1. What I mean by possibilities are things that may happen in the future but have not actually happened, so in any sense they are not real or realized yet,
take this scan as an example
He grabbed the crystal spear with his right hand and caught it.
Nafta predicted the future. "You didn't catch the spear."
 As soon as the god of the future uttered these words, the crystal spear, which I thought I had grabbed, slipped through my hand.
 I quickly jumped back, but the speed of Kandakui Zolte was slightly faster, and the tip of the spear gouged my stomach.
Prediction, huh? I see. It is true that once in a billion times, we may fail to catch it. <So the power of the Crystal of the Future Life limits us to that future.>
There are a billion possible future here and all of those futures, anos was hit by the spear in one.
This is similar to this analogy
when you hold a die and you want to roll it, you can have either of the 6 outcomes as a possiblity, those 6 possibilities exists, but then cast the die and only one of those possibility is materialized, now nafta has the power to impose on the possiblity she wants and that is the one that becomes real.
Until you cast the die, you rolling a 1 or 2 is not actualized just a possible future which is what this is exactly.
2. I do not really understand what you mean by it fully, but I should say, Nafta is the god of the order of the future, and the future is filled with numerous possibilties from where she can pick the future she wants. So is it possible for these futures to exist? yes they can become the next thing that happens, are these futures already physically playing out in a different timeline? not at all.
These futures are not in her mind, there is an order that allows for numerous possible future, and she gets to pick any she wants.
unless she picks one, none of the future are actualized

Even if the OP is right and the future's don't physically exist and are mere possibilities, this is defeated by the fact that the Future World Exists (Kandaquizorte). In other words, it's the embodiment/manifestation of separate infinite possibilities.
this is the limited world of nafta, it is not some 2-A structure, it is a world where she can limit you to whatever future she wants
The shards of the crystal are growing in number and enveloping the place like a shining sandstorm.
It is another form of the world that could have been. I sentence thee, O man of iniquity, to the punishment of a limited world.
 As soon as the crystal sandstorm passed, the landscape changed.
 It was a strange city. Every building, every plant, every person was made of crystal.
 Even the mountains in the distance, the canopy in the distance, and the flowing rivers were made of crystal.
 I could feel tremendous magical power from each and every one of them.
Hm. A world made of candiquisorte.
moving on
Basically, there's a blind spot in Nafta's divine eye that see's the future and that is a future without Nafta.
If she were to be killed or not exist in one future, she will not be able to see it and the reason for that is made clear.
Nafta in the past sees the future because a Nafta in the present is seeing that present. Simply, she sees the future through the eyes of her future self which is why if she doesn't exist in one instance, the Nafta of the Past will not see it. Conversely, if you were to destroy her divine eye in the present, her past self will not be able to see that moment and the one's beyond it after her eyes are destroyed (until they heal of course).
So with that said, permit me to ask everyone here, if the many futures she sees don't actually exist and is a mere possibility until she materializes them, how has she been able to see the future?
This is a common troupe in fiction, you cannot see a future in which you are not a part of, the ancient one, doctor strange, e.t.c. and not because she is seeing the future through the future eyes that exists literally.
Honestly it's a disappointment coming from an opponent of your caliber using baseless conjecture but in the end neither of us know the other personally so I guess you have no obligation to meet my expectations in the first place.
it is a valid interpretation though, unless you are claiming all the said nafts in the future do not have a crystal?
It's not an infinite recurring amount of infinite futures with each containing infinite futures as you're proposing. I'd simply propose it as a kind of loop i guess such that Nafta's Kandaquizorte (Kn) is a superset containing other Kandaquizorte's (n1, 2, 3, 4...) but not that any single element (nx) in (Kn) will be a superset of it's own containing (n1.1, 1.2...), (n2.1, 2.2...) but will rather always contain ((Kn)-(nx))thus the overall elements never increase and stay the same.
Now what I typed might end up being absolutely incomprehensible and stupid but I'm not even a regular not to mention a master at stuff like this so i have no other clue on how to represent it. Hopefully someone understands and does it for me.
good for you I understand maths, now that will be wrong since each crystal is supposed to be its own contained 2-A structure with each universe in its been a contained space-time/timeline. this means the timelines are superimposing one another, since the crystal is not for the past and only the future, each nafta further in the future in every moment will have one where there are infinite more ahead of them and this branches out like that.

Also since you said let us wait for dread, I will wait.
but I should add that no one is yet to prove that possibilities exists as a reality elsewhere which is very crucial for this

it does sound like a metaphor tho
Bruh this about nafta the god of future or possibility it self. You know what the first sentence?
It literally talking that future is not decided to just one, it mean the future in that is mean literal, and then the next sentence is about that infinite blablabla. So that not metaphor

And the human translation still says it ain't 2-A, so can we finally be done with this petty argument?
Because he think the countless world is same context as the infinite possibility that i already explain that
Bruh the countless world in here not in same context as the possibility. The countless world refer to the bubble, and the possibility is not bubble

Honestly infinite or endless is irrelevant if no one can prove that these are alternate timelines
That said, "endless possibilities spread through the love of nafta, and people hold hope in their hearts and seize a better future"
Is not a literal statement but a metaphor for saying that anything is possible and nothing is decided and anyone can have any future they want. coupled with "the future is not locked to one" it is does not mean the futures are alternate timelines which is the point here.
Anyway @Fixxed you are yet to provide the evidence of them being alternate timelines like you claimed

@Fixxed Planck told you to drop the topic about translations, any future comments trying to say machine translations are better than human translations will be removed

Honestly infinite or endless is irrelevant if no one can prove that these are alternate timelines
That said, "endless possibilities spread through the love of nafta, and people hold hope in their hearts and seize a better future"
Is not a literal statement but a metaphor for saying that anything is possible and nothing is decided and anyone can have any future they want. coupled with "the future is not locked to one" it is does not mean the futures are alternate timelines which is the point here.
Anyway @Fixxed you are yet to provide the evidence of them being alternate timelines like you claimed
First it literally talking about the literall future, thats why i bring the first sentence of that that is "future is not decided to just one", there are no place for metaphor when they literally talking about the future that nafta control

And i already give you that a possibility is different timeline but you just ignore this:
Seperate time huh?? Well bruh
I already explain this in discussion thread long time ago

Veneziara you can see in arnos' profile its a ability that use possibility

And a possibility not get effect by levine guilma a sword that can cut all point of time (past,present,future)
 リヴァインギルマは鞘に収めたまま、その可能性の刃が<天牙刃断>と目の前の敵を切り裂いたのだ。
 過去、未来、現在に渡って斬り裂くこの剣を前にしては、痕跡神と言えども、滅びは免れられぬ。
While Levine Girma was still in its scabbard, the blade of that potential cut through the enemy in front of him with <Tenfang Blade Cut>.
In the face of this sword that cuts through the past, future, and present, even trace gods cannot escape their destruction.
-CHP 276

@Fixxed Planck told you to drop the topic about translations, any future comments trying to say machine translations are better than human translations will be removed
Well i just want say that his human translation is correcting his translation, and say exatly just like i translate that

First it literally talking about the literall future, thats why i bring the first sentence of that that is "future is not decided to just one", there are no place for metaphor when they literally talking about the future that nafta control
"Take control of your future, the future is not decided, you can do anything you want, there are endless oppurtunity out there"
Yeah it is a motivational speech
And i already give you that a possibility is different timeline but you just ignore this:
I am sorry but this explanation is nonsense, how is it related to nafta?
A sword that can cut all point in time is cool, but how is it related to nafta?

@Fixxed So drop the topic now. I'm giving you one last chance to show me that possibilities in MG means alternate realities. Can you provide the evidence that they are alternate realities or not, because if not then this wouldn't even qualify for Low 2-C.
Bruh...
a possibility is shape of another world and it have different part present future or different timeline
Bruh we have
  • constructed future
  • possibility is shape of another world
  • possibility is different timeline (different in entire point of time or past present future)

And then the materialzed blablbla thing is mean the constructed future that already exist physically in kandaquisorte materialized in real world or mortal world if you dont understand what i mean about real world in here (yeah not mean kandaquisorte is not real)

"Take control of your future, the future is not decided, you can do anything you want, there are endless oppurtunity out there"
Yeah it is a motivational speech
Hah?? Bruh this is about nafta the god of future it self, that control the exatcly literal future. Motivational speech is make no sense
I am sorry but this explanation is nonsense, how is it related to nafta?
A sword that can cut all point in time is cool, but how is it related to nafta?
Bruh it releted to nafta because veneziara use possibility. And we all here talking about the possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back