• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Homu

But the problem is........Mami must find where Semi located,and as in the OP Mami start point is the outdoor of Garden not in the inside of Garden,which make Mami difficult to find Semi,also Semi can control all of the room as she want,that make Mami get confused.

Oooohh.....in the anime,thanks to remind me.

Cross-City Magic detection. Also, Mami fight Witches who can controls their labyrinth to confuse their targets on daily basis. Finding Semi would be piece of cake.

Hmm,seems legit thou.Now i feel bad for Glass who add this match,alright the discussion still continue her folks!!

I said that turning her magic in to poison would prevent her from using it, not that poisoning her gem would. I also have never implied that it would hurt her, it would just directly damage her Gem.

Magical Girl's weapons are materialized from their magic (Afaik), so if she cannot use magic, there's not Ribbon Trap then.

But as a said before, I'm not quit knowledge from either.

? I thought that we deemed that the poison stuff wouldn't work?

The poison that she resists can kill her. Of course it affects the gem.

Also, turning into a witch isn't really allowed.

And yeah, Mami already know where Semi is at the start

See, that's the reason why I prefer having a grace period to unanimous matches, to avoid that it's added overnight even if there is still debate to be had.

Also how does Semi turning the magic into poison even works?

@New You talks as if Semi Poison is a power null ability, which btw, all the Magical Girls resist that. The one with power null here is Mami, and it's potent enough to say F-you to Homura's own resistance to p.null, her timestop and teleportation ability, and combat orient Reality Warping from Nightmare Hitomi.

One more thing, I watched her fight against mordred. It seems she is in some sort of closed area.

Big mistake for her part since Mami can just engulf the area with her ribbons and Semi can't even destroys them.

Edit: Hey Kal, should we get rid the result from their profiles first?

I mean, if we go by Tiers, Homura is way below Mami, so she being Power Nulled is not something, unexpective, I don't think it can be used as a argument.

And where they resistant to Power Null came from? And how good is?

Hax resistance =/= AP. Besides Semi is way below Mami's ribbons too

It comes from Battle Pentagram. They have 100% resistance to Bind, which prevents you from moving or activating your powers

Oh yeah, I'm voting for Mami. Summons and traps aren't strange things for her. Once she found Semi, Mami can just engulf the whole area with her ribbons, captured her before tiro finale.

Oh, trying to destroy the ribbons would be meaningless since it has High 7-A dura, waaaay above Semi AP. Not to mention, pretty potent power null.

@Kal I know that, is just that I don't think it should be a really a factor here.

And is not that "100% resistant" a bit, nlf? I remember that people used to say that Ainz is 100% immune to mind control due to his stats, but then is was rejected for obvious reasons.

No? It simply means that they are immune to basic power null in verse. I'm not saying that they are immune period.

They can still be power nullified by someone with better power null than their resistance (Hell that's why Mami can power null others)

Okay.

Well, this is embarrasing, I guess that Semi's votes doesn't count anymore (I think it was for my reasons).

Btw if the poison is pain-based or something, Mami's pain nullification was already accepted. It's just not on the profile yet because editing on phone is annoying

Can I see the thread where it was accepted ? I can add it myself.

But no, the poison is not just pain. Hydra poison is incredibly painful, but its also very lethal. It's poison. And it's poisoning her soul gem by turning the magic she uses into poison.

Now that I think about.

Why would turning her magic into poison fall under Power Null? It looks more like trasmutation but with energy.

I dunno, I just explained her power null.

It falls more under poison resistance given that the poison she resists affects her gem already

I wouldn't say turning her magic into poison is nullifying her powers.

I would say it is removing her fuel souce, with which she can use those powers, by turning it into something else.

I though that their resistant came from the fact that they are basically zombies, and things such as diseases and hungry doesn't affect them.

I mean, it comes from that too, but it also comes from the fact that she has poison resistance in Battle Pentagram (and iirc in Portable)

Their bodies are zombies, poisoning their bodies won't work.

Poisoning their soul gems would still damage them. However, because of the above point, we can determine that whatever poison effects there are in the game must also affect their soul gems, otherwise they wouldn't be affected at all. And there are effects that let them resist these poisons. That's where the resistance to poison is coming from.

However, turning her magical energy to poison is still essentially removing Mami's fuel source and directly replacing it with a highly toxic, corrosive, painful substance.

Also, having just added my thoughts to the thread Kal and Homu linked, I will say this:

If the magical energy directly inside Mami's soul gem is turned to Hydra Poison, she is going to feel it all, and it is going to hurt like hell

Well sorry for late folks.

@Homu

Just want to give you an episode but get preceded by Monarch,never mind then.Anyway if we still discuss but in the end Mami still lose will this thread get added again?

I mean, Mordred isn't dropping dead on the spot. If it works that way Mami can still bind her.

@Kal

Its because Shishigou give Mordred an antidote to neutral Hydra poison so that make Mordred still alive for a while.

And Mami has the poison resistance too. It's still dangerous but she isn't screwed instantly

? Mami doesn't have the antidote because Hydra doesn't exist in PMMM. But her resistance to poison still stands.

My point isn't that she no sell it outright, just that resistance help not dying just like Mordred.

I'm also not sure what makes "poison gg" more viable than "ribbon trap gg"

@Homu

Oh,never mind then.

@Kal

Nvm me i bit misunderstod,but still even Mami didn't dying,she will be weaken easily,that make her more vulnearable (altough her poison resistance will help her).

Back