• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Magical girls are resistant to poison because there is a skill in Battle Pentagram that makes them immune + their body is dead already.

As for pain tolerance, all of them have a inhibited sense of pain (technically they can turn it off but that's still going trough a CRT).

Mami's magic stems from her soul. Has Semiramis poisoned that?

@Kaltias

All Servants are spiritual beings formed of particles that literally emulate the pieces of a soul, so I don't see why Semiramis would not be able to poison that.

All the magical girls are resistant to magic.

The poison that they can resist is potent enough to affect them if they lack the skill needed (which Mami has)

Semi poison is really strong thou,it basically an poison from age of god,it can affect an a good poison resistance like Arash,so i can see Semi can bypass Mami poison resistance.If my theory is right then age of god magic>modern magic,but yeah Puella magi magic is kinda different.Correct me if i'm wrong.

Magical power in PMMM has 0 to do with how ancient you are. It's based on karma and stuff.

The magical girl form of Tart is leagues below 96% of the incarnations of Madoka, but Tart is, you know, Jeanne D'Arc while Madoka is a regular teenager of the 21th century.

But Madoka is still stronger because she has universes worth of karma on her shoulders while Tart has like, Europe/Earth due to Isabeau

Kaltias said:
All the magical girls are resistant to magic.

The poison that they can resist is potent enough to affect them if they lack the skill needed (which Mami has)
Well literally everything Semi does in a fight is poison and magic so i'm afraid i'll also have to ask how good is Mami's magic resistance.

Also, that doesn't tell me much about Mami's poison resistance. All i'm getting here is "she resists poison that works on people without resistance", and that's pretty standard.

She resists magic from witches like Elly who otherwise would simply reality warp her away.

I mean, it's you average 100% resistance in a RPG. The fact that it kills them otherwise means that it negates Mid healing and stuff like that, as well as bypassing type 2,6,7 immortality so it's decent

>Mami

>Familiar summoning as an argument

No. There is a reason if she survived that long against the witches. If she was unable to deal with familiars she would have died in a week.

Here are some things about the immortality of magical girls btw

Soul Gem stuff
Kyubey's statement in the anime about magical girls being basically invincible as long as the Soul Gem is intact (Note that he directly correlate this with their healing abilities).
Oriko stating that she has not actually harmed Kirika because she has not damaged her Soul Gem (Implying that attacks not direct to the SG aren't something that can actually kill a magical girl).

The bodies are nothing more than weapons and as long as the Soul Gem doesn't break, they can be repaired an the user is essentially immortal.

IIRC most of the Witches' familiars were fodder. Semi's strongest summons are probably more dangerous than Semi herself, but this is in character so she won't use them until pushed into a corner, and wouldn't really have a chance to use any of them properly.

Anyway if Mami's magic and poison resistances are that good this is sadly a stomp, because as i mentioned before, everything Semi does is magic and poison, and she wouldn't use her actually good summons until it's too late. If she could fully summon Basmu or a Hydra i can see her winning, though it would still be a pretty good fight, but it doesn't matter because she can't get them out in time.

Most are fodder yeah. It was more meant "she can fight multiple enemies without being swarmed".

For the skill component there is also stuff like beating her superior clone (helped by Kyoko's superior clone) who had better everything except intelligence, or beating Homura despite the latter having a decade of knowledge via time loops, or being the only magical girl who defeated Kirika Kure

Eh, skill won't be that important here. Semi's fighting style is basically sit in her throne, poison the whole room, and throw beams and chains at the enemy until they go down, with the occasional summon here and there.

The biggest threat to Mami are the chains and the summons, because she doesn't resist those and if they hit her soul gem it's game over, but individually they really shouldn't be that hard to dodge, or, in the case of the summons, kill.

I don't think that Mami has ever exhibited a scale like that with her ribbon trap. Isn't the fortress multiple km in diameter? The most that she managed to bind was a skyscraper iirc

@Kal

As i think the frotress length can cover half of city or more,so yeah.......

@Homu

Yes,but not that in large state,the fortress is very large than any of block in the Mitakihara city,the fortress can cover an half of city (because the fortress is appear in the forest this is just assumption).

I mean, Semis is not going to poison her body, she'll literally turn her magic (AKA, her energy source) in to poison, and this can directly affect Mami's SG (Like when they are getting corrupted).

I have only saw some Eps from PMMM and Apocrypha so far.

Ripperoni is the most knowledgeable member on this site about pretty much every single franchise, but he rarely posts these days due to IRL issues ovo

WHOA,HE'S GOD THEN!!

Anyway,will you vote here?

EDIT : Counted.

-Semiramis : 2 (Gar,Shiro)

-Mami : 0

@Newendigo

Seeing your argument make me realize you didn't voting.

Seiramis via turning Mami's magic in her soul gem to poison.

I assume that would also greatly impede her stamina, seeing as her magic has just been reduced by quite a bit.

-Semiramis : 3 (Gar,Shiro,Monarch)

-Mami : 0

If Mami is confirmed lose,i swear i will runnng across city naked with tear in my eye,and later headbangin my head in the wall.

@Cal

So,voting Semi? i didn't understand your word (O_O)???

The real cal howard said:
Not Mami for reasons above, specifically turning not Seramis' magic into poison.
So uhh....

I assume this guys voting Semiramis?

Should probably count that.

Back