• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mako's "Fishy" Stats

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
For some reason, Mako's profile has him with a variety of abilities that stem from his cards... Despite the fact that they are simply just cards, with no way of activating said abilities on someone else. Just requesting that the page get deleted or more accurately reflect Mako.

I'm assuming this is a different case than those instances where cards sometimes do but sometimes don't affect real life

As in, this is the latter. Right?

Mr. Bambu said:
I'm assuming this is a different case than those instances where cards sometimes do but sometimes don't affect real life

As in, this is the latter. Right?
Nope. This is exactly that

This is where the cards ARE affecting real world or AREN'T?

I understand you guys had it divided by arcs as some could and some couldn't. Is this guy from one that could?

(Sorry if I don't understand stuff, you have to understand that I have the intelligence of an overly clever pebble).

The monsters can become real in this arc but only through magic (Which Mako doesn't have), so he isn't actually affecting the world.

Ah. Gotcha.

If that's the case then yeah, he may as well not have a page.

I mean, he can have a page if you want. Just needs to be accurate (Basically only Illusion Creation)

Why illusion creation? Im genuinely confused as to why his page cant be the way it is. The monsters themselves have actual feats of destruction as do his spells.

Because the duel disk creates holograms.

Like I said in the other thread, this is basically Ash + Pokedex (Unlike his actual Pokemon, who are living and breathing creatures not data or cards)

Except the monsters themselves have actual feats of destruction as do his spells. Treating them solely as holograms when not only these monsters, but most duel monsters in general have actual destruction feats seems arbitrary and wrong.

Hologram AP.

@Bambu Just want to point out that explosion you calced and the explosion i calced in the other thread are both products of said holograms

Fair enough. I mean Yugi still legitimately fell off something that looked like the Grand Canyon.

But yeah. Hologram AP lol.

I think OP is refering more to Mako being unable to summon real monsters, anytime he has appeared it was in a "casual" duel using typical holograms and not actually using the monsters as real summonings.

@Antonio And yet those monsters summoned in a 'casual' duel have actual destructive feats as do 95% of the monsters summoned in 'casual' duels

Scans of what? Feats from the duels with Mako? Or feats in general? There's a surplus of general feats from monsters in duels

WeeklyBattles said:
Scans of what? Feats from the duels with Mako? Or feats in general? There's a surplus of general feats from monsters in duels
Either will work in this case.

Give me a few minutes but im just going to point out the infamous 'destroy the moon' feat was done in the first duel against Mako. And before yall say anything no its not the real moon but its still a mass of rock that causes visible disturbances in the water beneath it which isnt a hologram.

Just make him a real world and in duel key.

@Wok Thats basically what his profile is right now. He has 10-B stats for himself and everything else is for his monsters in a duel

Although, I guess it'd depend how yugioh is regarded with regards to him, as just a game or not. It'd be a bit strange to give someone a key for if they were playing like a tabletop game or something and to make them super strong, but idk.

Wokistan said:
Although, I guess it'd depend how yugioh is regarded with regards to him, as just a game or not. It'd be a bit strange to give someone a key for if they were playing like a tabletop game or something and to make them super strong, but idk.
Boi that's just the beginning of the pai

As Rusty brought up, we have characters like Rin who have a key for when theyre literally hallucinating and we treat it as legit, this should be no different.

I get that we're trying to prevent another Mik situation but this is being too strict on the verse

Wok when you gonna be my 40k expert

see your wall you nerd

don't be like Agnaa

WeeklyBattles said:
As Rusty brought up, we have characters like Rin who have a key for when theyre literally hallucinating and we treat it as legit, this should be no different.

I get that we're trying to prevent another Mik situation but this is being too strict on the verse
?

To be fair, we do have characters with tierings based on their dreams, like Madotsuki. Unsure right now but I'd lean to just giving him keys of real and in duel.

Rating someone fighting in a dream or any other metaphysical plane is factible when the opponent can be brought up to it (Dreamworld, mindscape, fantasy, several pocket dimensions, etc), but here is like treating the opponent like another card projection meanwhile Mako (or any other duelist) is the "real" one.

Call me insane, but the projection of an attack destroying the projection of a moon sounds pretty meanless to me in terms of feats.

@Antonio Except its very obviously more than just projections seeing as the shards of the moon that were destroyed caused disturbances in the non-holographic water, and monsters are capable of creating explosions that can visibly affect the duelists to the point of even sending them flying

A moon exploding thousands ond hundreds of kilometers away an yet shards falling make it more doubtful that it was an actual moon, I may not remember the details, but description is off. I'm not refering to those duels where monsters are actually real, I'm refering to those with the conventional disc (with the bunch of holograms).

@Antonio It wasnt an actual moon, it was a moon-shaped rock floating a few meters above the battlefield

And yeah, the ones with the conventional disc have feats of affecting the real world

@Weekly link that happening? It contradict ts the entire point of Arc-V's Real Solid Vision so I have extreme doubts.

Back