• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boxer • Yu Ability additions+AP Upgrade

azontr

He/Him
So, let's start off.

In chapter 25, K states that there are only 2 boxers in the world capable of performing incredibly precise techniques like the ones Jean Pierre displayed, which includes Jean Pierre himself, and Yu. This means that everything that Jean Pierre gets in his Post-Evolution key is stuff Yu could've already done with his own abilities in much earlier keys, since he remains stagnant and skill throughout the series and only ever trained a specific skill against Aaron.

Now since Yu already has most of what Jean Pierre has even in his Post-Evolution key, I think in his first key he should get Jean Pierre's "Limited Damage Reduction" for being able to narrowly turn his body to reduce the damage of attacks. It should be noted that Jean was able to do this against an attack that normally blitzed and nearly one-shot him, so it should count.

Before I even propose the next thing, I'm going to let everybody know that nothing suggests that Yu has any form of skill boost between keys. He is already the most skilled Boxer in the verse and in the world(in The Boxer), so anything he's capable of doing through skill, even if shown in a later key, should most likely apply to his first key, as nothing applies he gained these abilities through training, but instead, he already had them, just never had to display them in a fight because he dominates everybody he fights effortlessly besides Aaron who ludicrously outstatted him to insane degrees.

Now for the actual proposition, I think Yu should get both "Limited Attack Reflection" and "Reactive Power Level".

During his fight with Aaron, Yu was able to reflect Aaron's fist coming towards him by angling his own fist to slightly deflect the punch coming towards him. This should count for a limited form of Attack Reflection, as Aaron's attacks were previously stated to be so fast that it would be impossible to avoid through sheer speed. This is even further supported by the fact that to even dodge the attacks Yu had to be precise enough to lure Aaron to attack one of his wounds to avoid a direct hit.

This also applies to my case for Reactive Power Level, as it was stated in the same chapter that Yu had begun to adapt to these attacks, becoming able to cleanly dodge and land attacks on Aaron once more.

All of this would apply to his first key, as unlike some abilities, such as durability negation, which it was shown that Yu had actually trained to achieve. It was never shown or stated that Yu trained to achieve these abilities, and so they'd all apply to his first key as inherent abilities.

Pretty simple upgrade. In chapter 8, Yu was able to break all the bones in Ryu Baeksan's body through barraging him with punches, putting him in the hospital as a result. Now, apparently this is usually higher if done in one-shot, but, since Yu did it through multiple hits, it's apparently safe to say that this would amount to 9920 joules based on the common feats page, which is apparently the safest assumption. This would also apply to Jean Pierre, who scales above BoS Yu.

But, just to be safe, we can go with a "9-C, possibly 9-C+" since he did it in multiple hits and not just one.

New 9-A calc just got accepted, this would apply to Yu's last key.

Last edited:
I'm a bit conflicted right now. I agree with the fact that it honestly didn't seem like Yu got any skill boost in hsi training, but just training his body to become stronger and shit.

But the attack reflection part is... Eh. He could have very much just trained for Aaron to do this, since Aaron was like the big bad guy that could actually challenge him.

But Im not entirely against it.

I agree with all of the CRT, but neutral about the attack reflection shiz.

Although should mention in his first key that he is less experienced than his later keys, because obviously, he didn't have any matches in that key. Wouldn't really affect him that much since he's a skill God, but we should still note it.

But the attack reflection part is... Eh. He could have very much just trained for Aaron to do this, since Aaron was like the big bad guy that could actually challenge him.
Nothing insinuates this, though. The only reason he isn't getting durability negation in his first key is because he actually was shown to have trained to get that ability to challenge Aaron, but, with Attack Reflection, he was never shown to train for the ability or do anything special like he did for dura neg. There's just nothing that suggests it.

Not like it'd really matter since he'd still get the ability either way, just in a different key, so I don't feel to strongly about this one way or another.
Although should mention in his first key that he is less experienced than his later keys, because obviously, he didn't have any matches in that key. Wouldn't really affect him that much since he's a skill God, but we should still note it.
This is fair. I'll make sure to add that in the weaknesses section if this revision gets accepted.

Tbh now that I think about it, It isn't really that far fetched for him to have Attack reflection. Rather than assuming he trained for Aaron for this, it's much more likely that he has just never met a match that it was worth using it.

Agree with the entire CRT.

pog.

It should also probably be noted that Yu's reaction speed is a lot higher than his normal speed, since he sees the world in slow motion and has shown to be able to react to attacks he'd normally be able to never react to due to this little trait he has.

Oh definitely. Should probably mention it in the speed section, something like "Much faster reaction speed due to precieving time much slower"

Considering Yu seems to learn things at a very accelerated rate (and these seems like some pretty straightforward abilities), I have no issue with this CRT.

However if I was to play Devil's Advocate, I'd say RPL and RE aren't learned techniques, therefore you cannot apply them to earlier keys.

I've added some new info to the OP and separated the parts discussing abilities and Attack Potency into spoilers to make it easier to read.

Obviously cause your the one who told me they were possible in the first place. 🗿

That's just skills tho
Yeah. It's reducing the damage via a skill. That's what damage reduction is. If you turn your body at the last moment to reduce the effect of an attack, that is damage reduction, but limited.
Same as above ^
Same as above.
The other stuff in this section is just adaptation. We got that ability on the wiki. Nothing RPL or reactive stuff.
No, it's not, as he got stronger and faster in response to being attacked with a punch that was stronger and faster than he was. How is that not some form of RPL?

Yeah. It's reducing the damage via a skill. That's what damage reduction is. If you turn your body at the last moment to reduce the effect of an attack, that is damage reduction, but limited.
This also goes double if it's against an attack that can literally blitz and knock you out lol.

.... No. You can move your body in a slight way to reduce the damage you take. And that's not damage reduction, moreso the weakness of the opponent.
Same as above.
Same as above.

No, it's not, as he got stronger and faster in response to being attacked with a punch that was stronger and faster than he was. How is that not some form of RPL?
Maybe if you screenshot the relevant parts... I skimmed through it and that's what I got out of it. Not RPL or RE ,but just adaptation via skills.

.... No. You can move your body in a slight way to reduce the damage you take. And that's not damage reduction, moreso the weakness of the opponent.
The context is that Jean Pierre, the guy that used the Damage Reduction, was getting overwhelmed by Yu's attacks which were capable of apparently blitzing him.

https://www.webtoons.com/en/sports/...-technique/viewer?title_no=2027&episode_no=29 In this chapter, the stance that Yu used at the end did indeed blitz and nearly knock-out Jean Pierre, and he was using attacks like this literally every time he attacked afterward instead of just his normal attacks, which Jean Pierre could indeed dodge, based on the earlier parts of the same chapter.

To address this even further, I'd like to say that Yu had no disadvantages or weaknesses in this fight against Jean, he surpassed the man in every conceivable manner and the fight was entirely one-sided in his favor. Saying that "it's a weakness of the opponent" just doesn't at all make sense, as, if you pay attention, it's clear that Yu had no stated weaknesses, or suggested weaknesses, even akin to that.
I mean idk the context, and the chapter wasn't really saying much about it so you know...
If you just read through the chapter again, you'll see it stating multiple times that if he tries to block or take the attack he will literally explode. Considering it also states that he was getting pushed back by Aaron's sheer power and speed in the chapter, and a few panels later, it was stated that to even dodge he had to lure Aaron to attack a spot he already attacked, I think that suggests a pretty significant speed advantage.

If this isn't Reactive Power Level, I don't know what is.

Tbf, we should probably just link them the scans instead of the entire chapter. I doubt people will want to read entire chapters just to see a single scan.

Now if only webtoon wasn't ass and just allow me to take screenshots.

Tbf, we should probably just link them the scans instead of the entire chapter. I doubt people will want to read entire chapters just to see a single scan.

Now if only webtoon wasn't ass and just allow me to take screenshots.
If I could do that do you really think that I would be linking entire chapters. 🗿

Ain't no way I am reading a whole ass Webtoon chapter, and again at that too ¯\(ツ)
Okay.

That's not really my problem lmao. I can't link specific scans and if you don't want to read the chapter then that's entirely up to your discretion.

Okay Okay, I think I have a solution to the scan problem.

APPARENTLY your allowed to take screenshots on webtoon mobile. So, if I'm right, I can upload those screenshots onto discord and then upload those discord screenshots onto imgur and then I can put them in the OP.

Which sounds tedious as ****.

APPARENTLY your allowed to take screenshots on webtoon mobile. So, if I'm right, I can upload those screenshots onto discord and then upload those discord screenshots onto imgur and then I can put them in the OP.

Okay so I could do this but I'm not lol. That sounds tedious as **** and it really shouldn't take that long to just read these generally not that long at all chapters.

The Boxer is also really good so you'll be doing yourself a favor by reading it.

One Webtoon chapter takes like 5 minutes to precisely read at most 💀
1. I don't have much time.
2. I don't wanna read a sports Webtoon. I am not sad
3. 5 minutes is a long time. And I could be doing something I am enjoying. Like piling up stuff for profiles I am working on, y'know

Okay.

That's not really my problem lmao. I can't link specific scans and if you don't want to read the chapter then that's entirely up to your discretion.
You probably should ask some other stuff who knows the verse then.

You probably should ask some other stuff who knows the verse then.
The Boxer is not at all a known verse on this site and I'm pretty much the only person making the profiles, so I don't have much of anybody I can call in the first place.

I'll ask him then, as I know he's still into webtoons at least but I don't know if he's ever read The Boxer. Which you should read because it's a literary masterpieceeeee.

Otherwise I'll just keep bumping until more staff come to evaluate.

I've asked him, and hopefully he responds. If not I'll just keep bumping.

or from a computer you get a right click extension and copy paste the images to join the images together on paint or similar programs then upload to imgur, that's how I made my Tower of God Respect threads

Back