• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boxer • Yu Ability additions+AP Upgrade

Now PLEASE we just need one more staff approval to get this CRT accepted so I can move on with my life.

Yeah, pretty much. Though both Aaron and Yu would scale to one-shotting his value. I still need to finish Aaron's profile.
would his punch really scale fully to his durability?

Also i forgot, J scales as well since he tanked countless blows from Yu and parried two

would his punch really scale fully to his durability?

Also i forgot, J scales as well since he tanked countless blows from Yu and parried two
I mean don't we usually assume that lol.

And no, he wouldn't, Yu was toying with him that entire fight and could've ended it. He was just trying to inflict pain onto J, none of his blows were knockouts.

I mean don't we usually assume that lol.
not really no, not to mention Yu is a prime example of that as he is basically a glass canon

And no, he wouldn't, Yu was toying with him that entire fight and could've ended it. He was just trying to inflict pain onto J, none of his blows were knockouts.
J parried two hits and made Yu hella surprised. He should be at least 9-B, possibly 9-A

not really no, not to mention Yu is a prime example of that as he is basically a glass canon
I mean, how can we know that? He's never actually gotten hit. The only time it was insinuated a hit would be dangerous to him is when he fought Aaron.
J parried two hits and made Yu hella surprised. He should be at least 9-B, possibly 9-A
A possibly works, but definitely not a full on rating as Yu was, as stated, toying with him that entire fight.

Also, by the time Yu fights Aaron, he's gotten buff as ****. I don't think there's any reason to assume that he's some sort of glass cannon that can't take punches, as his level of bulk both fluctuates and he's never actually ever taken a direct hit that was meant to harm him.

I mean, how can we know that? He's never actually gotten hit. The only time it was insinuated a hit would be dangerous to him is when he fought Aaron.
Jean is an example, he was stated to be able to throw a powerful punch and yet not be capable of taking too many hits

Jean is an example, he was stated to be able to throw a powerful punch and yet not be capable of taking too many hits
Jean is Jean, and Yu is Yu. Even if we do accept him as a glass cannon in some keys, by the time his last key rolls around, he's more than bulked up enough to the point he could take a hit without going down, so I don't see why we should assume he's some sort of glass cannon.

Jean is Jean, and Yu is Yu. Even if we do accept him as a glass cannon in some keys, by the time his last key rolls around, he's more than bulked up enough to the point he could take a hit without going down, so I don't see why we should assume he's some sort of glass cannon.
fair but still, how do we know he scales to 9-A?
He one-shot Viktor who one-shots others with his op russian hook and might be able to hurt Aron
Yu can't harm Aron without dura neg.

When was it ever stated Viktor would be able to harm Aaron? Lol. If that is ever stated than it is probably false.

When was it ever stated Viktor would be able to harm Aaron? Lol. If that is ever stated than it is probably false.
it was stated, if i remember correctly either by K or by the extra trainer who worked with K, that his russian hook was strong enough to contend with Aaron tide. Chapter 70-73 or so

Chapter 71.

It says it "might be destructive enough to let him stand a chance against Aaron Tide". Might. It might let him stand a chance.

Chapter 71.

It says it "might be destructive enough to let him stand a chance against Aaron Tide". Might. It might let him stand a chance.
That's pretty skeptical and semantical. If he says "might" we can assume the guy (who is the best coach in the world) who trained Aaron Tide is credible. I'm not saying Viktor > Aaron. I'm saying Viktor is at least on the level of Aaron with his punch. It's not even that crazy when you consider, Aaron has been holding back. Scaling Viktor to a far held back Aaron isn't something extraordinary.

That's pretty skeptical and semantical. If he says "might" we can assume the guy (who is the best coach in the world) who trained Aaron Tide is credible. I'm not saying Viktor > Aaron. I'm saying Viktor is at least on the level of Aaron with his punch. It's not even that crazy when you consider, Aaron has been holding back. Scaling Viktor to a far held back Aaron isn't something extraordinary.
When did that guy ever train Aaron Tide? The guy that trained Aaron is the old guy, who didn't make the statement. And if I remember correctly, the best coach in the world of The Boxer is K, not Viktor's coach, who actually made the statement.

When did that guy ever train Aaron Tide? The guy that trained Aaron is the old guy, who didn't make the statement. And if I remember correctly, the best coach in the world of The Boxer is K, not Viktor's coach, who actually made the statement.
Hold up, let me check something. Maybe it's me bugging.

Yeah uh, I don't really see a reason why we can't scale Yu's ap to his durability? We usually don't do it IF there's a reason to assume so, but I'm not really seeing anything.

Some shitty Coach saying that Viktor might stand a chance against Aaron really doesn't mean much, especially when the coach could very well be indorsed in hype due to seeing how Viktor was winning every match.

Altho I could be misremembering.

The coach's actually ability as a coach was never explained or shown. For instance, we know K is a legendary coach for a reason because he's effectively trained some of the best boxers the world has ever seen.

But for Viktor's coach, we don't know shit about his track record. He didn't even train Viktor. He couldn't because Viktor refused to listen to him, and just won all of his matches anyway. We've got no reason to trust him.

Aight I'll stop you right there. This wasn't the only statment about Aaron tide. Chapter 76 also has a statement by an expert boxing reporter, the guy who analyzed every boxer so far and one of the few who knew just how good the first punch that Yu threw was. He literally said he's the only one who could stand a chance against Aaron. Also, Vlaslenko is also stated to not be a joke when it comes down to it.

Gonna stop you right there for a second.

"If Viktor was capable of fighting like a regular boxer, he might have been the only one who could stand a chance against that monster."

The statement you use literally contradicts the point you're trying to prove by saying Viktor literally cannot stand up to Aaron because of his own weaknesses.

I'll retract my point about his coach having no credentials, but still, we have no reason to use this scaling. At best he'd be "9-A, possibly higher".

Gonna stop you right there for a second.

"If Viktor was capable of fighting like a regular boxer, he might have been the only one who could stand a chance against that monster."

The statement you use literally contradicts the point you're trying to prove by saying Viktor literally cannot stand up to Aaron because of his own weaknesses.

I'll retract my point about his coach having no credentials, but still, we have no reason to use this scaling. At best he'd be "9-A, possibly higher".
Not his weakness, that's bs, it is because he has no skills and spams Russian hooks

Not his weakness, that's bs, it is because he has no skills and spams Russian hooks
Even if he did have skills, it's still extremely far fetched to scale him anywhere near Aaron. Especially since all of his previous matches were all Aaron holding back SIGNIFICANTLY.

At best, as previously stated, it'd be a "9-A, possibly higher" rating, which I am personally iffy on.

Even if he did have skills, it's still extremely far fetched to scale him anywhere near Aaron. Especially since all of his previous matches were all Aaron holding back SIGNIFICANTLY.

At best, as previously stated, it'd be a "9-A, possibly higher" rating, which I am personally iffy on.
Still don't see how it would scale to Yu or vis dura

Where will Middleweight Yu compare to Aaron and Heavyweight Yu ? Might of missed where that was

Also agree with the upgrades

Because he hasn't matched a punch from Viktor who has his punch > his defense and never hurt Aron without dura neg. He also never took a punch from any of the two.
That's not a reason lol.

I don't see why we wouldn't scale his durability to his own punching power like we do literally all the time, as again, he's not a glass-cannon.

That's not a reason lol.

I don't see why we wouldn't scale his durability to his own punching power like we do literally all the time, as again, he's not a glass-cannon.
Prove why it is not a reason and prove why he isn't a glass canon like Jean Pierre.

Why, exactly, would he be a glass cannon? Don't we usually scale AP = Durability? Is there any reason to assume why he's a glass cannon?

Like, what exactly suggests Yu is a glass cannon? Any issues Yu had with stamina or endurance become quite non-existent by the time his later keys roll around, which is where 9-A would even apply.

Like, what exactly suggests Yu is a glass cannon? Any issues Yu had with stamina or endurance become quite non-existent by the time his later keys roll around, which is where 9-A would even apply.
Like i said, i see no evidence for scaling his AP to his dura. Even if he is actually 9-A ans Viktor actually scales to 9-A via durability, he still never tanked anything remotely as strong

Like i said, i see no evidence for scaling his AP to his dura. Even if he is actually 9-A ans Viktor actually scales to 9-A via durability, he still never tanked anything remotely as strong
He's never tanked anything. He's never taken a direct hit, ever.

We scale AP=Durability like this quite literally all the time. There's nothing to suggest his durability wouldn't scale 1:1 with his AP as he's never tanked anything or taken any damage to say he wouldn't be able to tank it. He's never been hit.

Why, exactly, would he be a glass cannon? Don't we usually scale AP = Durability? Is there any reason to assume why he's a glass cannon?
Tell that to Wolverine with 8-C AP and 3-C with claws. We've already crossed into supernatural territory in this comic with Viktor's luck and power so trying to use realism as an argument is also not an option

Tell that to Wolverine with 8-C AP and 3-C with claws. We've already crossed into supernatural territory in this comic with Viktor's luck and power so trying to use realism as an argument is also not an option
That's because Wolverine's claws have shown higher Attack Potency then Wolverine himself.

It's almost like his claws have a reason to scale higher than he does???

He's never tanked anything. He's never taken a direct hit, ever.

We scale AP=Durability like this quite literally all the time. There's nothing to suggest his durability wouldn't scale 1:1 with his AP as he's never tanked anything or taken any damage to say he wouldn't be able to tank it. He's never been hit.
We scale AP to Dura because people constantly 1v1 and end up hitting each other a ton and showing that each one of them are equal in power and thus scaling

We scale AP to Dura because people constantly 1v1 and end up hitting each other a ton and showing that each one of them are equal in power and thus scaling
Yeah but it's almost as if we have no reason to scale his durability lower than his AP regardless. 🗿

Yeah but it's almost as if we have no reason to scale his durability lower than his AP regardless. 🗿
Except for the fact that Viktor's punchig power is constantly implied to be extremely outstanding and has no reason to scale to his dura

Back