• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
I just thought of something. Link is capable of going back in time, and despite losing disposable items, keeps everything else. His masks. His inventory. His hearts. Etc.

ya iv noticed that

game and stroy segrigation? kind of like how pokemon are limited to 4 powers in the game? thats what i allways chalked it up to

then again theres the entire theory that Majora's mask all happened in links head.

maybe the Masks and heart have somting to do with links psyche?

i can under stand keeping the hearts you would probably not grow weaker just by going back in time.

well that depends on the type of time travel but controled time travel usualy works that way

Also, the giants remain unsealed regardless of how many times you reset after you free them, and the bosses can be re-fought and their curses are still active even if you killed them and at currently carrying their remains after a reset.

Again, that seems like Gameplay and Story Segregation, because there's no way you'd be able to do everything in the game in the span of three days, and forcing you to reset would be unfair.

But they force you to defeat the bosses again to alleviate their curses. I see where you're coming from, but that contradicts said point.

You guys have to consider that Link can't actually do every single sidequest, search for the temples, complete the temples, and interact with all the characters after completing said temples everytime he has to go back in time in just three days. And remember, this is everytime he goes to the first day. It's imposible if he didn't keep the items, which includes the bosses remains, which means the giants are free. And he did every sidequest, as the Fierce Deity Mask is canon and the only way to get it is trading all masks in the game.

Wether this means he's acausal or not I won't argue as I don't really understand that well the requirements to be acausal.

Well, as far as I understand, being acausal means that if somebody goes to the past and changes your personal timeline, it does not affect you in the present.

However, I think that this is just a case of plot convenience and game mechanics.

Fun Fact: Replaying MM, the dungeon bosses refer to Link as "warrior from time and space" when rematching them. (I...hate...Gyorg...)

Back