• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Revision, Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kahn's profile is done, I tried to remove everything from Midway stuff but maybe one or other thing is still there, so if anyone can take a second look, I appreciate

I looked at Cyrax's profile and I think we should discuss about the MK profiles with tiers besides the gods. Cyrax and Sektor have Upgraded keys, but they don't seem to show any signs of being more powerful than the people they usually fight against. The upgrades are more aesthetic since both of them have a new suit of armor, plus Sektor was merely repaired and fitted with new weapons when he had white and gold armor on him.

NRS profiles with tiers:
  • Cyrax
  • Sektor
  • Johnny Cage
  • Cassie Cage
  • Shao Kahn
  • Frost
  • Kano
  • Kung Lao
  • Noob Saibot
  • Quan Chi
  • D'Vorah
  • Kotal Kahn
  • Takeda
  • Reptile

I looked at Cyrax's profile and I think we should discuss about the MK profiles with tiers besides the gods. Cyrax and Sektor have Upgraded keys, but they don't seem to show any signs of being more powerful than the people they usually fight against. The upgrades are more aesthetic since both of them have a new suit of armor, plus Sektor was merely repaired and fitted with new weapons when he had white and gold armor on him.
Yeah I noticed that too

However, afaik Sub Zero asked if "the upgrade was Kronika's doing", with Cyrax saying it was to better serve her

I guess it could be related to a upgrade, small, but still

Yeah I noticed that too

However, afaik Sub Zero asked if "the upgrade was Kronika's doing", with Cyrax saying it was to better serve her

I guess it could be related to a upgrade, small, but still
It is an upgrade, yes, but not a noticeable one. Even with the upgrades he still gets beaten by SZ or Scorpion. I think Kronika donated some materials to improve the Cyber Lin Kuei's armor (they have a different armor design resembling Kronika's Keep) but it doesn't really help that we don't how much did they benefit from that, since MK isn't a verse where you'd constantly hear characters declaring that they have boosted their strength with a specific multiplier.

I think Cyrax and Sektor should be 9-A with no upgraded key (only human and cyborg keys). Sektor could have a new tabber for the abilities he displays after Kano fixed him, but no new key for that

So for Cyrax and Sektor are only 9-A with the former having 2 tabbers for human & cyborg form while the latter has 3 tabbers for his human, cyborg, & upgraded forms.

How about the rest with keys? I think Kano should have no keys, he should only have one tier and that would be 9-A.

• Kotal Kahn would be at the high end of low tiers, but still 9-A.
  • Shao Kahn would have two keys, his base form and his form where it's heavily implied that he absorbed Blaze's power (High 8-C+ | At least High 8-C+, likely far higher)
  • The Cages, Kung Lao should have two keys, 9-A and At least High 8-C
  • Frost should have only one key which is 9-A, but she has 2 tabbers for her powers (human and cyborg forms)
  • Noob Saibot might as well be a mid tier, he might be a jobber but he's quite hyped up by the writers despite his losses, plus we actually know that Bi-Han fought Fujin (both while alive and undead)
  • Quan Chi seems to be able to harm Raiden in the beginning of MKX's story where Shinnok wasn't sealed. How doe we deal with his tiering?
  • D'Vorah should be 9-A only, I'm sure 9-A piercing weapons can harm High 8-C characters, especially when she did it as a surprise attack
  • Takeda might not have the Jinsei key after knowing that MKX comics aren't canon, but I have a hunch that we might see Takeda in MK11 interacting with Fujin. Perhaps he should be 9-A for now?
  • Reptile should be 9-A only

So for Cyrax and Sektor are only 9-A with the former having 2 tabbers for human & cyborg form while the latter has 3 tabbers for his human, cyborg, & upgraded forms.

How about the rest with keys? I think Kano should have no keys, he should only have one tier and that would be 9-A.

• Kotal Kahn would be at the high end of low tiers, but still 9-A.
  • Shao Kahn would have two keys, his base form and his form where it's heavily implied that he absorbed Blaze's power (High 8-C+ | At least High 8-C+, likely far higher)
  • The Cages, Kung Lao should have two keys, 9-A and At least High 8-C
  • Frost should have only one key which is 9-A, but she has 2 tabbers for her powers (human and cyborg forms)
  • Noob Saibot might as well be a mid tier, he might be a jobber but he's quite hyped up by the writers despite his losses, plus we actually know that Bi-Han fought Fujin (both while alive and undead)
  • Quan Chi seems to be able to harm Raiden in the beginning of MKX's story where Shinnok wasn't sealed. How doe we deal with his tiering?
  • D'Vorah should be 9-A only, I'm sure 9-A piercing weapons can harm High 8-C characters, especially when she did it as a surprise attack
  • Takeda might not have the Jinsei key after knowing that MKX comics aren't canon, but I have a hunch that we might see Takeda in MK11 interacting with Fujin. Perhaps he should be 9-A for now?
  • Reptile should be 9-A only
Speaking of which, I think you should keep looking for more 9-A feats if you can.

Honestly I feel Blaze Shao needs to be Midway era

It’s a depiction of that timeline and the moment it officially ends thanks to Raiden

Speaking of which, I think you should keep looking for more 9-A feats if you can.
Can't link them all right now, but for the NRS timeline we have:
  • Scorpion's fire whirl
  • Quan Chi's soulnado destroying trees and gravestones upon its death
  • Freezing and vaporizing calcs
  • Liu Kang collapsing his basement (this was skipped)

Honestly I feel Blaze Shao needs to be Midway era

It’s a depiction of that timeline and the moment it officially ends thanks to Raiden
Yeah you might be right about that, but he exists in the future of MK9's timeline. Could it be that NRS has their own depiction of Armageddon with different lore from Midway?

Yeah you might be right about that, but he exists in the future of MK9's timeline. Could it be that NRS has their own depiction of Armageddon with different lore from Midway?
Nah I think it’s just a reference to the Old Timeline

Remember MK9 models were used here and in Raiden’s flashback which is why the NRS timeline even happens

• Scorpion's fire whirl
Adding to this:
  • Kotal clashing with shinnok’s amulet disintegrated his Goons (likely 9-A)
  • Sub-Zero freezes two big dudes in 9’s story (depends on if Chi is still a thing in MK9)
  • MKX mentions Goro’s being Buluc so we could calculate his ship busting feat there
  • Jacqui’s gauntlets one shot trees
  • Shang Tsung can melt Cyber LK metal
  • Shang Tsung can down a helicopter in one shot (May have been calculated)
  • Goro V Kotal (which we know is canon) might have good feats

Last edited:
Adding to this:
  • Kotal clashing with shinnok’s amulet disintegrated his Goons (likely 9-A)
  • Sub-Zero freezes two big dudes in 9’s story (depends on if Chi is still a thing in MK9)
  • MKX mentions Goro’s being Buluc so we could calculate his ship busting feat there
  • Jacqui’s gauntlets one shot trees
Amulet feat looks good, SZ's feat is hardly impressive compared to his other freezing feats, ship busting feat might be good, tree busting might just be 9-B

What about Kung Lao's giant tornado custom move in MK11?

Amulet feat looks good
It definitely supports Kotal being 9-A (id argue it might be a likely higher but that’s a bold take I know)
, SZ's feat is hardly impressive compared to his other freezing feats,
It isn’t but considering freezing someone is 9-A it supports people being 9-A (idk if Sub is in the likely High 8-C crowd tho)
ship busting feat might be good

What about Kung Lao's giant tornado custom move in MK11?
I can’t recall it but idk if we can use gameplay feats for our pages

• Scorpion's fire whirl
Seems good.

The freezing and vaporizing calcs for MK prolly won't get much resistance, since both Sub-Zero, Scorpion and Fire God Liu Kang likely use the same energy source for their punches and other attacks.

Also whatever happened to Liu Kang vaporizing that steel door? No one get to calc it?

Also I got a better shot of Kitana alongside the pillars, guess those pillars are a hell of a lot taller than what Dargoo found.

Also it'd be best to assume that the door is made of stainless steel, since it's already pretty high-tech and most modern high-tech safe doors use chromium-steel alloys in their manufacture.

Well ****

Given the calculated dimensions I found (Haven't put it in a blog yet, just rough works), assuming vaporization, the feat goes into Multi-City Block level.

Though given that people can get skeptical, assuming pulverization as a low-end, the feat is decently into High 8-C.

Well ****

Given the calculated dimensions I found (Haven't put it in a blog yet, just rough works), assuming vaporization, the feat goes into Multi-City Block level.

Though given that people can get skeptical, assuming pulverization as a low-end, the feat is decently into High 8-C.
MCB level seems consistent with Cetrion's earthquake, but the feat itself is very vague

Well ****

Wild but tbh I don’t know who would scale to this

I do really hope Shao does so we get Shao Kahn vs Guts
That seems more consistent if we scale people to FGL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back