• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Revision, Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like you have reached an agreement that can be applied then.

Please remember to carefully read through and follow the instructions in our Common Editing Mistakes page, so no badly structured edits are made, and extensive cleanup work will not be necessary.

If you change the statistics for any characters, also remember to update the tier categories at the bottoms of the profile pages.

Also, when you apply this revision, please insert a link to this thread into the edit summary boxes, so your edits are not mistaken for vandalism.

I’m good with discarding Cetrion

Sindel can harm her with her Banshee scream and Fujin can make her bleed which, while implying she’s stronger, also seems indicative of them not being insanely far off her

This ignoring stuff like Shinnok being her opposite or his Corrupted form being able to challenge the Elder Gods

Also

I think Tremor ha some solid feats but idk if that can scale to the top tiers
Fujin is Raiden's brother. A God. Didn't he also got a power up from the crown? Sindel had a power amplification when Shao Khan gave her Shang Tsung's powers. Now. Will Kronika scale to Darkside and Shao Khan fusion that she created in MK VS DC?

Speaking to Ars Technica, Dominic Cianciolo, story and voice over director at NetherRealm Studios, revealed the callback to this scene was purposely done to indicate that the events in Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe are canon. Cianciolo said developers assume the events that took place in the crossover "happened in one of Kronika’s many previous timelines," and that "clearly, she thought it was a mistake because she rolled it back and got rid of it."
  • Dark Khan is mentioned in Injustice 2 and MK11.
  • Injustice events are mentioned in MK11.
  • Raiden vs Liu Kang happened in MK VS DC timeline and shown in MK11 when Kronika's plan to manipulate the timelines is mentioned.

MK VS DC is MK8. MK7 is Armageddon and MK9 was the timeline reboot.

MK1 = Mortal Kombat
MK2 = Mortal Kombat II
MK3 = Mortal Kombat 3/Ultimate/Trilogy
MK4 = Mortal Kombat 4/Gold
MK5 = Deadly Alliance/Tournament Edition
MK6 = Mortal Kombat Deception/Unchained
MK7 = Mortal Kombat Armageddon
MK8 = MK VS DC (Ed Boon referred to MK vs DC as MK8 with guest characters around the time MK9 was announced.)
MK9 = Mortal Kombat 2011/Komplete Edition
MK10 = Mortal Kombat X/XL
MK11 = Mortal Kombat 11/Aftermath/Ultimate

Fujin is Raiden's brother. A God
I’m aware
. Didn't he also got a power up from the crown? Sindel had a power amplification when Shao Khan gave her Shang Tsung's powers. Now. Will Kronika scale to Darkside and Shao Khan fusion that she created in MK VS DC?
No because we have no idea what timeline he’s from and it’s unreliable to assume different timelines are equivalent

So have you reached enough of an agreement to apply this then?

Besides us non-staff, there's you and DDM who agreed to scaling and speed.

So I guess it's good to go, but if anyone wants to add something that isn't MKvsDC = NRS games (which is more suited for a separate thread) tell it to us here.

Okay. It is good that this revision will finally be applied then.

Please remember to carefully read through and follow the instructions in our Common Editing Mistakes page, so no badly structured edits are made, and extensive cleanup work will not be necessary.

If you change the statistics for any characters, also remember to update the tier categories at the bottoms of the profile pages.

Also, when you apply this revision, please insert a link to this thread into the edit summary boxes, so your edits are not mistaken for vandalism.

Thank you both for helping out. Please remember to link to the calculations that you scale from and to insert proper explanations in conjunction.

Anyways, here's my guidelines for editing the MK profiles.

• Remove the information that comes from the Midway versions of these characters. Because of that, we must only focus on characters that appeared (and fought anyone) in the NRS story modes. Don't mind the profiles of characters from Midway MK because there's separate revisions for them, thus they have separate changes. Example, Scorpion's BFR justification mentions the 5th plane of the NR, but we never get to see it in the NRS games. So remove that and replace it with a better example, like that one scene in Scorpion vs Bi-Han during MK9.
  • Replace any movesets from the old games. This is important, because compared to the old games, we actually get to see most of the gameplay moves in NRS cutscenes and story content. Unless we're talking about legacy moves that were around since the character's conception like Scorpion's Spear and Sub-Zero's Ice Ball.
  • Add new powers based on what we discussed here in this thread.
I'll try to oversee these edits when I have time and I might correct them without telling you. If you want to discuss that, say it right away to my message wall.

Just to avoid misunderstanding, I will personally not be able to help out with applying these edits.

Got it, feel free to change any mistake or add something that I might miss

Now, before that, are we creating new profiles or just adding a new key for Midway and NRS ? I can see both working for MK, but keys would be easier to do, what you guys think ?

We can use the current profiles as the NRS profiles for now. When the second CRT is done (hopefully in time) we can make an entirely separate profile of Midway characters, then connect them with a tabber thing (like Superman's many profiles)

After all, King said that he was treating this like New 52 DC, so it's only natural to separate their profiles.

Okay, I guess we should wait for that Part 2, or save Midway info from the NRS profiles, just to not lose them erasing it from the current timeline pages just to then add to Midway Profiles

Well actually you can't lose the previous info since it's easily accessible with the page history function

Some Midway powers might actually be revised

If you need me to unlock any character profile pages, please write their exact titles here, so my automated script can handle it.

Okay then

Low Tiers: 9-A, peak human movement with Hypersonic reactions

Kabal*: Subsonic movement with Hypersonic combat and reaction speed

Low-Mid Tiers: At least 9-A, peak human movement with Hypersonic reactions

High-Mid Tiers (Grandmaster Scorpion and Grandmaster Sub Zero): At least 9-A, possibly High 8-C, Hypersonic+, possibly Massively Hypersonic+

High Tiers: High 8-C, Massively Hypersonic+

God Tiers: At least High 8-C, at least Massively Hypersonic+

Anything to change here ?

I know we were going to give Scorpion just a regular Mid Tier, however his MK9 self lost to MK9 Sub Zero, who's listed as Low Tier. I guess MK9 Scorpion should be a Low Tier then ?

Okay then

Low Tiers: 9-A, peak human movement with Hypersonic reactions

Kabal*: Subsonic movement with Hypersonic combat and reaction speed

Low-Mid Tiers: At least 9-A, peak human movement with Hypersonic reactions

High-Mid Tiers (Grandmaster Scorpion and Grandmaster Sub Zero): At least 9-A, possibly High 8-C, Hypersonic+, possibly Massively Hypersonic+

High Tiers: High 8-C, Massively Hypersonic+

God Tiers: At least High 8-C, at least Massively Hypersonic+

Anything to change here ?

I know we were going to give Scorpion just a regular Mid Tier, however his MK9 self lost to MK9 Sub Zero, who's listed as Low Tier. I guess MK9 Scorpion should be a Low Tier then ?
Like I said, he's a weird spot as well. He's still a revenant, which suggests that MK11 Past Scorpion is from MK9. Then his MK9 self beats angry Raiden and Grandmaster Sub-Zero, so he's still with the mid tiers.

I edited only Fujin's profile, but I think I ****** up. I tried accessing the tabbers of his notable attacks and techniques, but it won't open and it leads me to the top of the page instead. This has been happening to my other tabbers as well. Can anyone help me?

Well, you did make some mistakes earlier:

I will check.

Your new edits look good to me:

Please elaborate.

For the AP justification, these are all feats that put him near the level of the characters that did the High 8-C feat, if not on their level.

I might add some stuff from the CRT that I forgot to add, like immortals existing outside the normal laws of time (this one's already accepted long ago), so expect some changes.

Brutalities I might add later because there's so many of them (not to mention secret brutalities). Same with his super move.

I did Nightwolf's profile as well. I will add links to the feats that his page mentions in his stats later

Okay. Thanks.

Please remember to not repeat your preceding editing mistakes.

Btw I have a problem with the tabber function. All the tabbers in this wiki have blue text in their headers, but my tabbers have grey text headers. I can access them just fine, but after I finish editing, clicking the headers doesn't open them but it takes me to the top of the page instead. I assumed this was because of the large amount of content in the tabbers, but I'm not really sure what's causing it. Any idea on what's happening to my tabbers?

The only reference I have is that tabbers with the exact same title tend to malfunction in a similar manner to what you describe, even if they are placed into different sections of a page.

If that is not helpful enough, you should ask our wiki manager Ursuul for help via his wiki message wall.

Thanks. I think I that means I have to make it from scratch since I copied from a draft that had the same tabbers copy pasted through the same page

I might fix it some time later

I don't have experience with the new system, and I am afraid I will mess it up. That's why I haven't help since then.

You can change your wiki settings to the 2010 source editor format if you wish to be able to edit properly.

No problem. Thank you for helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back