• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Revision, Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit confused with the low tiers here. Should they be 9-A only or At least 9-A? People agreed with the former but I'm also seeing the latter in this forum.

Please tell me here which members that I should send notifications to regarding your question.

Let's wait until after all of the changes have been applied. That is our standard practice, for safety reasons.

Speaking of changes, do you think that Raiden should have Cosmic Awareness?

In MK11, he mentions that the location of Kronika's Keep is unknown, further stating that it is "beyond the realms" and has proven to be beyond his sight as well. This implies that he can somehow look for something by scanning through the realms with his "sight", which isn't quite a stretch when he was able to tell that Sonya and Jax's presences aren't in Outworld anymore (the former left to recover with Jax)

He uses this same sight to locate Kronika's Keep, but seems to be unable to as it's somewhere beyond the realms, implying that he had to look everywhere just to find it. Plus realms are more than just planets, they seem to extend to solar systems as stated by Ed Boon in an interview (he might be wrong about this one, but there's no doubting the size of a realm in MK)

Speaking of changes, do you think that Raiden should have Cosmic Awareness?

In MK11, he mentions that the location of Kronika's Keep is unknown, further stating that it is "beyond the realms" and has proven to be beyond his sight as well. This implies that he can somehow look for something by scanning through the realms with his "sight", which isn't quite a stretch when he was able to tell that Sonya and Jax's presences aren't in Outworld anymore (the former left to recover with Jax)

He uses this same sight to locate Kronika's Keep, but seems to be unable to as it's somewhere beyond the realms, implying that he had to look everywhere just to find it. Plus realms are more than just planets, they seem to extend to solar systems as stated by Ed Boon in an interview (he might be wrong about this one, but there's no doubting the size of a realm in MK)
Speaking of which, wouldn't the shaking of Earthrealm be 5-A then, assuming that the realms are a full Solar System? Shaking a solar system was calc'd to be in the 5-A range. Oddly consistent with Cetrion's Fatality.

The calc that was originally made for that Earthrealm shaking feat was Low 6-B, since we all assumed it was a planet. Now that feat is part of Midway canon, not NRS canon. So we can't use that unfortunately, plus there's a lack of timeframe when that happened.

The calc that was originally made for that Earthrealm shaking feat was Low 6-B, since we all assumed it was a planet. Now that feat is part of Midway canon, not NRS canon. So we can't use that unfortunately, plus there's a lack of timeframe when that happened.
I see. Well, it's unfortunate.

Also, I just realized we haven't gotten to a conclusion with the mid tiers speed. Here's what I think they should be.

Mid tiers who actually fought high tiers: Geras is a good example of this. He reacts to Raiden charging towards him, manages to harm him, and blocks an attack from both Fujin and Shang (both magical and physical attacks). He still loses to low tiers, but there's no denying his other feats. Their ratings in speed would be: Peak Human movement speed (Normally runs this fast) with Hypersonic+ reactions (Sub-Zero's explosion dodging), likely Massively Hypersonic+ reactions (Raiden's lightning, Shinnok reacting to and blocking it)

Mid tiers who somewhat scale on par, but slightly below high tiers: Nightwolf is another example. He only scales to high tiers because he beats people who beat them (Geras) and has feats of being on par with those guys, but doesn't seem to do much damage to them (Sindel and Cetrion). Nevertheless he isn't overwhelmingly weaker and doesn't get casually defeated by any of the top tiers he's faced. Their ratings: Peak Human movement speed (Normally runs this fast) with Hypersonic reactions

Other input is appreciated

Anyway, it would then apply to Midway Canon, yeah? Would still be dope.

I think I can probably help out with the editing (Mostly with regards to properly linking the calcs to the profiles). Can anyone give me a list of the profiles that are to be edited?

@Ecstasy_Amphetamine

I think that I noticed some editing structure errors that I informed you about via your wiki message wall yesterday.

I think I can probably help out with the editing (Mostly with regards to properly linking the calcs to the profiles). Can anyone give me a list of the profiles that are to be edited?
I can't really be specific but you should only edit MK characters who have appeared in NRS games. Refer to the games' respective rosters as a guide.

I'm doing Shao Kahn's profile right now, but you can start with Shinnok's ratings while I deal with his powers & abilities.

Okay. No problem, but you still need to correct the mistakes that I illustrated in future edits, as I do not have enough free time to fix all of them for you after all of your edits.

To be specific, At least High 8-C, likely far higher (which is At least Large Building level+)

I think he has a speed calc in his profile, so you can fix the link to that one.

To be specific, At least High 8-C, likely far higher (which is At least Large Building level+)

I think he has a speed calc in his profile, so you can fix the link to that one.
Understood. What would his new AP justification be then? Or should I just replace all his keys with High 8-C?

also his calc link is fine, that one follows the editing guidelines.

That seems a bit too much no ? Raiden is just High 8-C+, Shinnok doesn't scale that much above him

His regular fallen key, that is

Because all of Shinnok's feats are casual

He easily beats Raiden and Fujin with a simple wave of his amulet, seems to have no effort in absorbing two gods into his amulet (Raiden visibly struggles to seal its owner with it), oneshotting everyone that doesn't have an affinity for destroying people's nutsacks.

When Raiden took away and absorbed the Jinsei inside Shinnok that made him into his boss form, he was weakened by that, which allowed Raiden to torture and decapitate him afterwards. Not to mention that Raiden's High 8-C feat didn't kill him, not because of his immortality, but he simply survived that.

Speaking of Shinnok, is there any mention of him being weaker in his current state? Being a fallen god doesn't make him weaker, it could be that he just lost his position among the Elder Gods.

I updated Shinnok's profiles and merely replaced the tiers with High 8-C while keeping the keys as they are. Should it be fine?

I guess it shouldn't make him weaker, no real statement about that

About Kahn, I should keep 2 keys right ? One for regular, the other for his invasion when he was amped by souls (High 8-C | At least High 8-C)

He fough a amped Raiden and easily took a hit from him without even moving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back