• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Therefir

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Calculation Group
The main concern of this thread are the characters currently scaling to Transonic reactions and combat speed from Mineta, which consist of mostly the students from the first saga, like Deku.

I believe Deku and the rest of the students should scale to a higher value, as demonstrated by Deku reacting and throwing a punch before Shoto's ice could freeze him.

This would scale to the rest of Class 1-A as well, as demonstrated when they were able to dodge Shoto's ice alongside Deku.

The attack speed of Shoto's ice have been accepted at Supersonic+.

Making that the new value they would be upgraded to, from Transonic to Supersonic+.

Deku can react to Todoroki's ice speed, but at that point he was always portrayed as inferior. Shoto's ice could pretty much cover the distance between them by the time Deku readied and fired his 100% finger-flick. That's a lot more distance for the ice to cover than for Izuku to move.

The rest of the students dodging the ice in the race isn't that impressive since many people ahead of them were caught up in it so they had some warning, and the amount of distance they had to move relative to the full distance the ice covered isn't that impressive. I mean, these people are all ahead of the rest of Class 1-A when they're frozen and there's a lot of distance between the class and Todoroki. I wouldn't describe it as a feat of comparability; certainly not something that couldn't also be accomplished with Transonic reactions.

I fail to see how that contradicts anything I proposed, when Deku visibly raised his arm when the ice was right in front of his face.

We can even see the position of his arm before that panel, the ice had already covered a considerable distance and his arm would have to cover a 90 degree angle to shoot a Delaware Smash.

And the reason why the Sport Festival Race feat is valid is because we can see Mineta dodging the ice just like Deku in the same panel, portraying them as comparable.

My point is still the same, Shoto's ice had reached Deku's leg in the middle of a jump and about to freeze like it did with Iida, yet he was able to think, react, and even throw a punch before the ice could travel much further, Deku's body is pretty small yet this ice couldn't even cover a meter before threw a punch.

I fail to see how that contradicts anything I proposed, when Deku visibly raised his arm when the ice was right in front of his face.

We can even see the position of his arm before that panel, the ice had already covered a considerable distance and his arm would have to cover a 90 degree angle to shoot a Delaware Smash.

And the reason why the Sport Festival Race feat is valid is because we can see Mineta dodging the ice in a similar way to Deku in the same panel, portraying them as comparable.

My point is still the same, Shoto's ice had reached Deku's leg in the middle of a jump and about to freeze like it did with Iida, yet he was able to think, react, and even throw a punch before the ice could travel much further, Deku's body is pretty small yet this ice couldn't even cover a meter of his body.

I get what you mean, but how does that explain the fact that the ice is travelling much faster towards Deku when he's attacking him with it? There's about, what, at least 10 meters between them? And the ice is practically in Deku's face by the time he's able to swinging his arm around and deliver a finger-flick.

So even though Deku can react to it consistently... the ice is still travelling faster than Deku is consistently too.

I don't know exactly why Deku would let the ice get so close to him before counterattacking, but I doubt is because he is having issues reacting to it, as Deku doesn't mention anything about it.

Still, it would be a bit weird if Deku was able to move his arm much faster than his own reactions, and when Shoto launched his ice really close to Deku, he couldn't outpace his reactions either, so I stand by my point that Deku would need at least Supersonic+ combat/reaction speed to do all of this.

The anime portrays this feat even better, with Deku thinking a lot of things while the world appears in slow motion before throwing a punch, but I couldn't find a video with the full scene without cuts.

Only slightly miffed that mine is getting replaced (one of my like, 2 calcs on the page lol).

But yeah, I’m in agreement, if it matters

I still have issues in assuming this should be scaled directly to every student in the footrace who wasn't frozen by his ice. Reacting to ice approaching from 20+ meters away which has already caught several students ahead of you is very different to reacting to ice that is up on you already as Deku did in tournament fight. Distance is definitely a factor in reactions.

At no point was it said that they were able to avoid the ice freezing their feet only because they saw it coming from far away, we don't really know anything about that.

And this is likely what the students were seeing during the first obstacle of the race.

In fact, Shoto knew his Class' capabilities and expected them to dodge the ice, and not because they were far behind him.

What we do know is that to avoid the ice, they have to jump over the first wave, it is irrelevant whether or not they could see it coming when they can only avoid it when it is close enough to jump over it.

Last edited:
what about bakugos explosions being nitroglycerin based, arent nitroglycerin explosions hypersonic+, nearly high hyper

what about bakugos explosions being nitroglycerin based, arent nitroglycerin explosions hypersonic+, nearly high hyper
Read this. This is why not everyone is Mach 22 or 7700 m/s via scaling to Bakugo's nitroglycerin explosions.

Detonation Velocity isn't what you think it is.

ah, i thought id heard something like that before, i guess look out for any instance of someone reacting to one of bakugos explosions point blank?

ah, i thought id heard something like that before, i guess look out for any instance of someone reacting to one of bakugos explosions point blank?
No one scales to it period. Bakugo would need to put his hand on someone's face, make it explode, and have that person dodge in order to scale.

No one dodges Bakugo's explosions from less than 10 cm away. Nine is probably the closest and he still can't scale to it. The distance I measured was 19.49 cm.

What Rusty says is correct, the speed of a nitroglycerin explosion decreases dramatically after a few centimeters of distance.

At the first 10 centimeters it has a stable velocity of 2000 m/s, and then it "suddenly" drops to the 400 m/s process.

At the first 10 centimeters it has a stable velocity of 2000 m/s, and then it "suddenly" drops to the 400 m/s process.
honestly, I still feel like we don’t scale it right

Because (say for instance nine), that 2000 m/s is still a factor at play at the first of those 10 cm
of course I am dumb, so it’s not like I can figure out a method myself, and it’s only food for thought here

Thanks for your input, I have applied the changes.

This thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back