• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Then why isn't every enemy I bring into the crimson/corruption Immediately effected and transformed? Don't "Game Mechanics" a verse with very little in the way of complete and genuine lore.

And just because someone can turn a passive off doesn't mean it's not there, Rimuru can turn all of his pasives off, so can Ainz Oowl Gown and like 5 dozen other verses, this isn't a new concept

What, many games without story have gameplay mechanic. Ignoring that most enemies drop light and dark souls when they die, which means they are effected (with the ones that don’t being bosses or beings that can live in the corruption in canon). The corruption is always corrupting everything around it. It spreads throughout the whole game and does not stop (it is slowed down due to external factors but never stops). Heck in a recent CRT people were arguing whether the bosses should or shouldn’t get resist to it depending on whether it is a gameplay or not.

None of that even matters in this context though.

Aura is a subconscious tick, not a passive. It being passive in how it was described would be if it was always on. It’s not they need to repeatedly return in on. It’s not passive, if the subconscious stops working the aura will stop working.

So is this, that, the other thing, what your arguing apsolutely doesn't disprove Aura being passive. Passives can have such a thing as limits.

If the limit is that the passive needs to be repeatedly turned on, then it isn’t passive by either definition. It’s not passive in activation for obvious reasons, and it isn’t passively protecting them because they need to keep it on subconsciously.

If the limit is that the passive needs to be repeatedly turned on, then it isn’t passive by either definition. It’s not passive in activation for obvious reasons, and it isn’t passively protecting them because they need to keep it on subconsciously.
Ya know, I just remembered the Subconscious is always working even when you're asleep, so what your arguing doesn't even work cause they definitely don't activate it consciously.

I can name like a dozen other verses that subconsciously activate their passives. Unless your feeling like arguing against Slimeverse fans and such.

Those other versus don’t matter at all. All of them work differently from both each other and Rwby. What matter is Rwby and Rwby says it is a subconscious action.

In the context of when ren explained they (the subconcious) turn the aura on when a fight starts and then their subconscious keeps their aura up for them so they don’t need to constantly think on it. If their mind has zero idea they are in a fight then their subconscious isn’t keeping the aura on. If it was a subconscious action like how you were describing it, the aura would always be on and won’t turn off or on depending on whether they are in a fight or not.

Also big thing, this conversation is kinda pointless. At least for this thread. I still think the maidens win, so if you want to keep discussing the aura stuff I’ll make it’s own thread. The only thing it adds is a very small option for the opponents. It’s not even a win condition since the maidens can just freeze them for their own opening.

Neo's semblance is shown to work even when shes asleep (keeping her illusion of her appearance because she doesn't look like that normally as proven by the light novel) or knocked out, same with Qrow

Semblance and the forcefield are different things. The thing they share is the soul. Neo doesn’t lose her soul in her sleep.

The semblance and forcefield aren’t connected beyond the origin point, the forcefield is stated to be a subconscious tick. Semblances aren’t subconscious ticks, they are abilities with their own rules some are passive some aren’t.

The forcefield is the aura, this exact point of aura = soul was already brought up and rejected during the jojo vs rwby spam a few weeks ago

Their semblance is powered by their aura so how can their semblance be passive yet the thing powering it isn't passive

I was in that thread and aura has referred to the soul in Rwby but not in the context of the forcefield. What you where saying was that they could hit stands because they can hit the forcefield. That won’t be the case at all the forcefield is just a generic forcefield.

As you’ve said the shield breaking doesn’t get rid of semblances, so the semblance doesn’t come from the forcefield. The forcefield and semblances aren’t connected. Your soul makes a shield, it’s actived and deactivated by your subconscious. But the subconscious keeps it on when it’s in a fight, if Cinder’s consciousness completely loses the ability to know it’s in a fight the subconscious isn’t going to keep it on. If it did then aura would always be on in the show and won’t need to constantly need to subconsciously be turn on again over and over.

To make a point clearer there is two different things called aura in Rwby. The shield is called aura, but it also runs off aura. And semblances run off aura too. When the shield breaks the semblance is still runs so clearly aura (the shield) was not the aura the powers are running off.

Just rechecked and aura is absolutely different from the shield. Aura is the manifestation of the soul, the shield is just a shield that just happens to also be called aura. And now I need to make an earlier point clearer. No this would not give her non physical interaction because she doesn’t hit aura the manifestation, she hits aura the forcefield and her semblances source doesn’t determine what it could hit.

Edit: Friends here be back later.

Last edited:
"I was in that thread and aura has referred to the soul in Rwby but not in the context of the forcefield. What you where saying was that they could hit stands because they can hit the forcefield. That won’t be the case at all the forcefield is just a generic forcefield."

That wasnt the point at all, the point that was being made in that thread was that aura and stands are similar enough in mechanics that they would be equalized under verse equalization, but this idea was rejected as stands are the user's soul itself while aura is not

"As you’ve said the shield breaking doesn’t get rid of semblances, so the semblance doesn’t come from the forcefield. The forcefield and semblances aren’t connected. Your soul makes a shield, it’s actived and deactivated by your subconscious. But the subconscious keeps it on when it’s in a fight, if Cinder’s consciousness completely loses the ability to know it’s in a fight the subconscious isn’t going to keep it on. If it did then aura would always be on in the show and won’t need to constantly need to subconsciously be turn on again over and over."

It does get rid of semblances though, that's the entire point, the writers of rwby themselves even confirmed this. If your aura barrier is broken you no longer have aura, and if you no longer have aura, your semblance stops working. They literally have devices that actively measure aura levels in combat in the show.

The entire point of this argument is that aura is active even if the user is unconscious, it wont just randomly turn off if they're knocked out or stunned. And yes, aura is in fact constantly on in the show, they literally have scenes like a dance party where peoples auras are on and then they show Tyrian ripping through their auras with his semblance.

"To make a point clearer there is two different things called aura in Rwby. The shield is called aura, but it also runs off aura. And semblances run off aura too. When the shield breaks the semblance is still runs so clearly aura (the shield) was not the aura the powers are running off."

You're gonna need to make a crt if you really want to argue that because that isnt at all how its accepted to function on this wiki. Throughout the entire series its consistently shown that they lose ALL of their aura based powers when their forcefield goes down.

i did not read a thing any of you just said, by what are the chances of infinty mask catching all of the maidens at once and then silence to disable their powers and kill them one by one?

Aura is basically a rechargable battery, it's the fuel source for both the forcefield and semblances but it doesnt deplete any energy if the user doesnt use their semblance or take hits to the forcefield, and it is in fact passive as passive semblances not only exist but are shown to function when the user is rendered unconscious and are stated to work subconsciously without the user activating them

Also how did we even get to this argument? Without a range for the absolver's abilities theres a good chance they can't even hit them with their stun or silence

"by what are the chances of infinty mask catching all of the maidens at once and then silence to disable their powers and kill them one by one?"

without a known range for their abilities it is to be assumed to only be dozens of meters, so effectively none as the RWBY girls have knowledge of the masks beforehand and the range advantage to just play keepaway and snipe them with ice and fire attacks

Aura is basically a rechargable battery, it's the fuel source for both the forcefield and semblances but it doesnt deplete any energy if the user doesnt use their semblance or take hits to the forcefield, and it is in fact passive as passive semblances not only exist but are shown to function when the user is rendered unconscious and are stated to work subconsciously without the user activating them

Also how did we even get to this argument? Without a range for the absolver's abilities theres a good chance they can't even hit them with their stun or silence

"by what are the chances of infinty mask catching all of the maidens at once and then silence to disable their powers and kill them one by one?"

without a known range for their abilities it is to be assumed to only be dozens of meters, so effectively none as the RWBY girls have knowledge of the masks beforehand and the range advantage to just play keepaway and snipe them with ice and fire attacks
Man they don't have knowledge of the mask abilities bro.

I clearly said "Maidens know that removing the mask of the Absolvers is the best way to kill them." nothing more nothing less

"I clearly said "Maidens know that removing the mask of the Absolvers is the best way to kill them." nothing more nothing less"

Okay? That doesnt really change anything when the three people that know that removing the mask of the Absolvers is the best way to kill them consists of one of the top military strategists on the planet, one of the most skilled fighters in the world, and a highly skilled strategist who has not only taken down a 7-C with just a team of High 8-Cs but has also fought with both of the others in close matches

Hey I’m back. I just want to say that I won’t talk about aura right now, I’ll make that it’s own thread. So for now just know I’m voting the maidens

Back