• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Cinder, Raven and Winter Vs Absolver and Risryn
Speed is =
Every here is 7-C
Maidens know that removing the mask of the Absolvers is the best way to kill them.

Absolver and Risryn are 68.44 Kilotons

Meanwhile The Maidens scales to 21.8323246296 kilotons

Maidens - 0
Absolvers - 0
Incon - 0

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Cinder alone just destroys them, they lack a resistance to fire and heaf which Cinder just loves to spam

they lack a resistance to fire and heaf which Cinder just loves to spam
Ah so i can see you didn't read the mask abilities huh?

• Ice Incantation: An incantation on the Ice Mask keeps it at a singular temperature, preventing it from becoming too hot. What you said would be correct for Risryn, however the Absolver is capable of switching mask whenever he likes.

Here are all of the mask abilities.
  • Cursing Gaze: According to the Forest Healer Mask, those of their rank could curse a target simply by meeting their gaze for too long.
  • Ice Incantation: An incantation on the Ice Mask keeps it at a singular temperature, preventing it from becoming too hot.
  • Shifting Eyes: Several masks feature eyes that are explicitly illusionary, with some following the player and others simply orbiting the mask itself.
  • Enchanted Fountain: The Fountain Mask shows that incantations are capable of generating water that is apparently dangerous to drink.
  • Live Drops: The mask of the same name demonstrates Essence magic being able to give life to things such as water droplets.
  • Active Chimney: The Adal Chimney mask demonstrates Essence magic being able to generate smoke to mimic a chimney.
  • Molten Essence: The Molten Essence mask states that it mimics lamps used by the Adal to soothe children into sleeping.
  • Infinity Reflection: The mask of the same name states that those that see the mask become mesmerized, lost in the reflection multiplying into infinity. Oddly enough, the mirror of the mask does not actually reflect that which is around it.
  • Newforest Plants: The Roots mask is implied to have been built from the rumored sentient plants of the forests of Adal.
  • Shattering Glass: Masks such as the Mirror Mask have shown Adalian essence to have the odd ability to shatter glass objects instantly, and then repair it as if it had never happened.
  • Essence Dust: Through the usage of essence dust, the user can gain prophetic visions of important events in the future.
Here are all of the essence abilities.
  • Earthquake: Shatters the ground around the Absolver at a close radius, causing any within that range to fall over.
  • Exhaust: Sap the stamina of the target, forcing them to become tired much faster.
  • Heal: Regenerate health over time, even gaining more health if they are attacking a target.
  • Shockwave: Telekinetically create an airburst around oneself, forcing enemies to back away for a moment or two of respite.
  • Shield: Bolster one's defenses by generating an invisible shield around oneself.
  • Gravity: Force gravity to become increasingly more abundant around a target, making it difficult to move.
  • Silence: Negate all essence based powers (Essence being a mixture of raw energy and magic, with something akin to chi being its main use) of a given target.
  • Sharp Impact: Imbues the fist of the user with a "sharp" aspect, making the bluntness pierce targets' flesh and thus affect higher durability.
  • Unbreakable: Similar to Shield, a protective layer covers the user. Uniquely, weapons that attack the barrier are supernaturally broken.
  • Snatcher: A burst of tension stuns enemies and pulls their weapons towards oneself, to take advantage of them.
  • Shadow Avoid: Generate a shadow clone of the user and allows passive dodging of attacks briefly; any attack that would hit instead hits the shadow, which slows them down for some time.
These are only accessible to the Absolver. However summoning weapons should be available to both.

A wincon for the Maidens would be to pin down with higher LS and then try to kill them. However using Shadow Avoid the absolver can get out of any situation physically. And with the absolvers Being over 3x stronger and durable they can eat a lot of the attacks from the Maidens.

Ah so i can see you didn't read the mask abilities huh?

• Ice Incantation: An incantation on the Ice Mask keeps it at a singular temperature, preventing it from becoming too hot. What you said would be correct for Risryn, however the Absolver is capable of switching mask whenever he likes.
It would be a NLF to assume that would save them from Cinder’s fire. She flash vaporizes people immune to lava and titanium. That mask literally just says a generic “too hot”

The best way for Maidens to win is to remove the mask from the absolver. This severs their connection to the fold and thus renders them useless.

No the best way for them to win is for Cinder to do practically anything, because she flash vaporizes them with any heat based attack.

They would never think about removing their mask, clothes in Rwby are sheerly there for the looks.

Edit: Sorry for missing the last comment, I was typing this when you posted it.

I'll give them knowledge on the mask so they have a viable wincon. Also the Absolvers (Including risryn) just resurrect a few seconds after they die so Cinder burning them up will just waste her aura and cause her to get one tapped.

I saw a bit of the game before, but not a lot. Does the resurrection restore their entire bodies or does it just restore a few wounds. If it replaces the bodies then I’m not sure Cinder would be fine or not. If removing the mask removes their powers I feel flash vaporizing it would also do the trick.

I saw a bit of the game before, but not a lot. Does the resurrection restore their entire bodies or does it just restore a few wounds. If it replaces the bodies then I’m not sure Cinder would be fine or not. If removing the mask removes their powers I feel flash vaporizing it would also do the trick.
The only way to kill them is removing the mask. Flash vaporize would kill the character and then they would just disappear and reappear where they died 3 seconds later. Still killing them would be an advantage as when they respawn they don't have any essence. It takes 10-20 seconds to get enough essence to use shadow avoid so if in that time frame the Maidens can pin down and take off the mask of the Absolvers they can win.

Also take into account the powers that come into-play with the fighting styles they are using. Risryn has the forsaken style which lets you hit through any attack, the attack doesn't move you unless it is also using the style, even if she still takes damage if she gets close to enough to a maiden this is a for sure hit. The Absolver can use this style, aswell as many other with different abilities but this one is by far the best in this fight. They also have a faint which allows them to stop mid attack and basically teleport back to the pose and position they were at before they launched said attack. As well as creating a shadow that distracts the opponent.

They can also utilize chain attacks that allow them to attack faster than normal.

Here is a video that goes over the main 4 fighting styles, tho there is two more that the absolver can use.

Ah, so that’s how the resurrection works.

Since Cinder has prep I’m still voting her. She knows they’ll just resurrect spawn so she just AoE nukes them with fire and rips the mask off the half second they respawn.

Ah, so that’s how the resurrection works.

Since Cinder has prep I’m still voting her. She knows they’ll just resurrect spawn so she just AoE nukes them with fire and rips the mask off the half second they respawn.
I never gave them prep, if i do that i'd have to give the other team prep. i simple gave them pre-knowledge on the mask, not the resurrection or any other abilities the mask/essence may use. And the absolver can briefly stun whoever looks at his mask while wearing this
  • Infinity Reflection: The mask of the same name states that those that see the mask become mesmerized, lost in the reflection multiplying into infinity. Oddly enough, the mirror of the mask does not actually reflect that which is around it.
They might be able to get risryn that way but i doubt spamming nukes would get the Absolver.

Plus you have charging attacks that both Absolver and Risryn can use to get through attacks
Charging: This moves act in a similar way as one hit of hyperarmor would in other games, it allows the user to not be interrupted if the user gets hit once during the animation, the move will however be interrupted if the user gets hit twice or by either a breaking or a stopping attack. These moves are usually called charge attacks or armor attacks.

Pre knowledge on the mask is all they need. Cinder points and the a building sized AoE burst out from her and nukes them.

If they went for the moves you are describing they would be committing suicide. They wouldn’t be interrupted, because they will instantly be ash the half second they touch Cinder’s attacks.

How many times can cinder use said attack in a row. And how likely is it for her to use it. Cause on all of the maidens page i see this as a weakness: Continual use of her Aura will cause it to decay to the point where she can be left open to more significant damage. Aura's durability is cumulative; it will deplete with each attack she takes and can be brought down by characters of similar strength. Semblances drain aura by a small amount and without aura they cannot be used until the user's aura is recharged. Constant exposure to extreme temperature can drain the user's aura.

And they will be caught off guard the first times the Absolvers resurrect possibly allowing for an attack. Also this doesn't help if The Absolver The Infinity mask to stun anyone who looks at it, or uses shield and unbreakable to allow himself to possibly survive a nuke or two.

The absolvers should be able to easily knock out any of these woman with one good hit to the chin.

As long as she wants in a continuous stream. I don’t even know if it uses stamina or not because sometimes she just produces fire passively from just being alive or annoyed. Even assuming it did take energy she can fight for days (like every second of those days) and she instantly kills her opponents her in a single hit.

The aura isn’t effected by Cinder’s own attacks because she doesn’t hit herself.

That also doesn’t bring up her ridiculous skill, she skill stomps people that stomp people that can instantly know every single tiny detail of an opponents fighting style and perfectly replicate it with a glance.

Edit: just want to let you know I’m going to bed.

Last edited:
"How many times can cinder use said attack in a row. And how likely is it for her to use it. Cause on all of the maidens page i see this as a weakness: Continual use of her Aura will cause it to decay to the point where she can be left open to more significant damage. Aura's durability is cumulative; it will deplete with each attack she takes and can be brought down by characters of similar strength. Semblances drain aura by a small amount and without aura they cannot be used until the user's aura is recharged. Constant exposure to extreme temperature can drain the user's aura."

Indefinitely, Cinder's fire isnt aura-based and its not her semblance, its magic derived from her maiden powers which arent tied to a finite source

Even so risryn has godly stamina and Absolver can fight for over a day in the game.
Plus you have the fact all of their physical stats will come back as soon as they resurrect.

Last edited:
And absolver can just spam exhaust on Cinder and thats able to drain other absolvers out of their stamina so it would only take a few times to sap her dry.
And if you think that doesn't work,
  • Silence: Negate all essence based powers (Essence being a mixture of raw energy and magic, with something akin to chi being its main use) of a given target.
boom, right there with verse = it wouldn't matter if she could spam it he would just negate it.

Even so risryn has godly stamina and Absolver can fight for over a day in the game.
Plus you have the fact all of their physical stats will come back as soon as they resurrect.
Why every time I bring up the maidens stamina do people think I’m talking about how long the fight is going to go on for (this isn’t directed at you, this just comes up a lot).

The opponents stamina doesn’t matter, this fight isn’t going to last any amount of time at all.

Cinder hates all her teammates, literally all of them. If she could kill everyone in her series she would. Normally she won’t open with an AoE but she always opens with her fire and she knows her opponents can resurrect (or at least the only way to win is to remove the mask) so she absolutely is going for the AoE nuke immediately.

"Even so risryn has godly stamina and Absolver can fight for over a day in the game."

The maidens can fight for two days straight with minimal rest

"And absolver can just spam exhaust on Cinder and thats able to drain other absolvers out of their stamina so it would only take a few times to sap her dry."

What is the range if that ability? And even if hes using it on her theres still Winter and Raven to worry about who each have their own arguably haxier abilities than cinder's fire.

"Would it be in character for Cinder to do this as she has two other Maiden teammates who are on the battlefield with her."

Yes actually, assuming they're willing to actually work together Cinder is shockingly good at tandem fighting, to the point that when working together with Mercury and Emerald they were able to take down a Maiden. If anything, she knows about winter and raven's abilities as well as the mask weakness of their opponents, they would likely just open with winter and raven freezing the Absolvers and then follow up with cinder nuking them, all done from a distance with attacks that cant really be dodged that easily as they dont have projectiles to dodge in the first place.

Winter is arguably more haxy then Cinder, but Raven. She has literally the same exact powers as Cinder (minus a bit of heat to her fire).

Though exhaust seems pretty worthless here. The half second the fire begins they are already dead because they have no answer against just being nuked by Cinder’s fire.

Thats why they can use this.
In the game it fully strips people of their essence and the Absolver can just spam it to not only stop cinder/winter/raven from using their hax for a limited amount of time. But to also negate their aura and allow him to one tap them.

Aura is from the soul, so I don’t think it would negate the forcefield or aura powers. It does make maiden powers worthless, but Cinder’s fire comes from her aura.

So then this would be an incon then. Because to strip the absolvers of their mask would give them an oppening to use Silence or Infinity reflection and kill one of the maidens. But since Cinder can spam infinitely it would just be a endless death and resurrection.

Only way i can see The Absolver beating Cinder is if he tags gets her with the Infinity Mask which would stun her if she looks at it, and then he'd have to kill her before the other maidens would jump in to help.

Well aura isn’t passive so I guess it depends on if the stun completely floors the opponent or not on whether it would stop aura. Though them getting vaporized by cinder allows Winter and Raven to set up their next attack and both of them open with freezing the opponent (with winter it is instant, Raven’s is practically a second and both their freezing doesn’t have a travel time)

"The ability has no range, as long as you're locked on to you're opponent in the game you can use it."

That seems a bit nlfish as that implies infinite range. Its range should be whatever the range you can lock on is.

"Winter is arguably more haxy then Cinder, but Raven. She has literally the same exact powers as Cinder (minus a bit of heat to her fire)."

Raven has that instafreeze move she used on cinder in their fight, the one that has no projectile.

"It does make maiden powers worthless, but Cinder’s fire comes from her aura."

Actually it doesn't, cinder's semblance is heat, not fire. Her fire attacks come from her maiden powers, her semblance only does heat on it's own and explosions/projectiles when used in conjunction with her Dust

"So then this would be an incon then."

Again, Cinder isnt the only wincon here, both Raven and Winter can literally just point at them and freeze them inside out so thoroughly that they will physically shatter into pieces when struck, and this works on opponents who have specially adapted to be unfazed by the cold of climates where you will freeze to death in minutes without protective equipment or aura, as well as working on people who can walk around the north pole in casual clothing without being affected by the cold

"Well aura isn’t passive so I guess it depends on if the stun completely floors the opponent or not on whether it would stop aura. "

What do you mean? Aura is passive. When they active it, that's when it's passive

Just because they can turn it on and off at will doesn't mean it can't be passive when it's on, I guess gokus mastered ssj from isn't passive just because he can turn it on and off when he stayed in the form for over 9 days

“Raven has that instafreeze move she used on cinder in their fight, the one that has no projectile.”

That comes from maiden powers which all maidens have. Raven isn’t even the winter maiden so Cinder should absolutely have that. Granted Cinder doesn’t use it, so I guess Raven would be a bit better in that context.

“What do you mean? Aura is passive”

Ren says it isn’t. It’s a subconscious tick. It was passive at the beginning of the series but that was retconned (the retcon was in the show while the passive statement is outside of it so the retcon absolutely takes priority).

Just because they can turn it on and off at will doesn't mean it can't be passive when it's on, I guess gokus mastered ssj from isn't passive just because he can turn it on and off when he stayed in the form for over 9 days

A power being passive in this context is entire reliant of whether it can be turned off or on. A cloud of poison is passively poisonous but the cloud isn’t passive if the user has to summon it.

The subconscious has it on, if Cinder loses all sense of consciousness in a dazed stupor that forcefield is turning off.

Also If aura wasn't passive, semblances like the ones Qrow, Ironwood, Clover, Neo, and Velvet have wouldnt even have the capacity to exist (passive semblances)

A power being passive in this context is entire reliant of whether it can be turned off or on. A cloud of poison is passively poisonous but the cloud isn’t passive if the user has to summon it.

The subconscious has it on, if Cinder loses all sense of consciousness in a dazed stupor that forcefield is turning off.
Then I guess Ainz Ooal Gown doesn't have his passives; or the Corruption and Crimson from Terraria don't have theirs; hell, passives just don't exist anymore by your logic.

Ren literally says that its active subconsciously for people who have trained to be able to use it, which is literally every named character in the series at this point

Aura as in the forcefield and aura as in the source are different things. The user still has a soul and that’s the cause of the power. The forcefield breaking doesn’t immediately obliterate their soul, so clearly they aren’t connected

Then I guess Ainz Ooal Gown doesn't have his passives; or the Corruption and Crimson from Terraria don't have theirs; hell, passives just don't exist anymore by your logic.

You missed the point entirely. A power that needs to be turned on isn’t passive. The effect is passive, but the usage of the ability isn’t. The corruption from Terraria can’t turn its corruption off or on, it’s always active by nature.

Ren literally says that its active subconsciously for people who have trained to be able to use it, which is literally every named character in the series at this point
Yes, that’s the point. It’s a subconscious action, if that action stops working then the aura will go away. It’s not passively on at all time, they need to active it with their subconscious. Passive would be if at all times aura was always on.

Back