• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Madara would have to destroy the entirety of Tartarus just to kill him. The only way Tartarus can be incapacitated is by luring him out of Tartarus, which I doubt would work. And since I'm presuming the fight is in Tartarus, he can just send unlimited cannon fodder at Madara, as he has shown to be willing to do just that to his enemy. Also, destroying Tartarus would cause Madara to fall into Chaos, so there's that.

Now about Mind Manipulation, assuming Tartarus scales to Gaea, they would have at least some resistance towards it.

Besides that, I don't really see how Madara's going to win.

Without resistance to mind hax Madara eventually takes this. He might not use it right off the bat. But he would use it eventually.

1. For combat purposes he wouldn't

2. I'm almost certain the moon's light won't reach Tartarus

1. He would when he realizes thet Tartarus just keeps respawning.

2. He does not need the moon he can just use his eye.

Shown when he used it on Obito to show him the Ifinite Tsukuyomi while it was empty.

Golden Void said:
Madara hasn't used his own genjutsu since he fought the 5 kages.
I dont get your point. So he has used genjutsu in character. So what stops him from using it here.

I already know he would not use it immediately. Also main reason for that is the fact that anyone who fights him knows not to look into his eyes.

Rocker1189 said:
I dont get your point. So he has used genjutsu in character. So what stops him from using it here.
Lets see:

Used as an edo

Never used it as a TTJ with one eye

Never used it as a TTJ with both eyes + god tree

And the final result is..............

Golden Void said:
Lets see:

Used as an edo

Never used it as a TTJ with one eye

Never used it as a TTJ with both eyes + god tree

And the final result is..............
Yeah again everyone who fights him knows not to look him in the eye.

The basics of fighting Uchiha.

And the moment he got second eye he immediately attempted to use infinte tsukuyomi.

Also the final results is he would not use it immediately. Not that he would never use it.

His intelligence is extremely high.

That's ignoring the context of why he wanted to use IT in the first place.

Madara has been looked into his eyes plenty of times by both Naruto and Sasuke (and countless others), and genjutsu was never brought up.

Golden Void said:
That's ignoring the context of why he wanted to use IT in the first place.
Madara has been looked into his eyes plenty of times by both Naruto and Sasuke (and countless others), and genjutsu was never brought up.
It does not matter iit was the first thing he did.

How do you know that. We the readers have look into his eyes. Not Naruto or Sasuke (who Naturally has defences against it anyway so it does not mater if he glaces into Madara's eye). Literally the first thing that was said when Madara appeared ont he battlefield was not to look into his eyes. Ofcourse no one would do it.

DMB 1 said:
Soul Manipulation Madara can counteract.

Essence absorption has he used it on anyone that is not a Titan or Giant?.

Nigh Omnnipresence, not an atacks and is not helpful.

Sealign How does it work and does he use it in character?

Darkness Manipulation means nothing, again how does it work.

Forcefield creation again how does it work and is not useful against Madara with Limbo and genjutsu.

Invisibily useless aginst Madara.

Earh Manipualtion, not really a way to kill Madara.

Transmutation, how does it work and does he use it in character?

Fire manipulation I guess it is the hell fire attack? dodgeable, blockable and nothing special.

Gravity manipualtion is weak.

Teleportation helpful.

Gargoyle One said:
What?

Unless you have specific showings of affecting a non-corporal that isn't working.
Tartarus still has a corpereal body. Killing it does nto mean you win. But controlling it still has you controlling Tartarus.

DMB 1 said:
I like how Naruto is very haxxed as a verse, though no one can harm Non-Corporeals.
Naruto is not that haxxed. It is like low-mid level hax. They can touch their souls though(or at least some can).

>How do I know that

By reading? Having defenses doesn't mean you're automatically immune. Bee has genjutsu defenses yet he needs to break out of it, he doesn't automatically negate it. Madara has never used genjutsu with his rinnegan, and neither has Nagato who has Madara's eyes.

Sasuke instantly put the tailed beasts under, and iirc genjutsu was never brought up when he fought Naruto.

Golden Void said:
>How do I know that
By reading? Having defenses doesn't mean you're automatically immune. Bee has genjutsu defenses yet he needs to break out of it, he doesn't automatically negate it. Madara has never used genjutsu with his rinnegan, and neither has Nagato who has Madara's eyes.

Sasuke instantly put the tailed beasts under, and iirc genjutsu was never brought up when he fought Naruto.
Yeah and several times inthe fight against the Kage we look into his eyes and then at one moment the Raikage looks into his eyes and is immediately under a genjutsu. In which thw Raikage immediately laments on. Suggesting that they are not actuualy looking into his eyes. Like dude if the whole time they were fighting Madara they always had half of his face blocked it would be lame.

Bee can not be compared to the Sasuke that fought Madara in anyway.

Because again Naruto is not looking into Sasuke's eyes. It is pretty basic logic. I dont even know anymore. I am jsut going to agree to disagree. Madara has used genjutsu whether you like it or not. You say he would never use it (for some reason). I say he would use it eventually( as he has) case closed we can be happy.

You can't use genjutsu with the Rinnegan. Where was that even shown? Sasuke can only do so because he retains his Mangekyō abilities. Anyway, Prime Madara used genjutsu. It's quite obvious that standard genjutsu wouldn't work on Rinnegan Sasuke and SPSM Naruto.

As for Rinnegan Madara, I'm not sure he can use ocular genjutsu. Then again, he used Susanoo without eyes...

Burning Full Fingers said:
You can't use genjutsu with the Rinnegan. Where was that even shown? Sasuke can only do so because he retains his Mangekyō abilities. Anyway, Prime Madara used genjutsu. It's quite obvious that standard genjutsu wouldn't work on Rinnegan Sasuke and SPSM Naruto.
As for Rinnegan Madara, I'm not sure he can use ocular genjutsu. Then again, he used Susanoo without eyes...
I was going to state that at some point. But did not for whatever reason. But yeah saying that he would never use genjutsu is downright wrong. Fine to say he would not use it first move. I dont disagree with that.

Unholy Bindings said:
Non Corporeality, nigh-Omnipresence ad concept manip.
Chyea, rip hedgehog
Again he has a fully corperal body as well.

He can just be anywhere in Tartarus it is not combat speed.

His concept manipulation has never been used for combat.

Madara, Like Sasuke still has Sharingan abilities with their Rinnegan. Sasuke's Rinnegan isn't a Sharingan. They just retain abilities. Not that it matters as Madara has RinneSharingan.

At any rate, it's inconclusive.

There isn't really anything Either can do to win this. Tartarus best hope is Essence Absorbtion, but it's NLF to say he can do so to comparable Characters to himself. That said, Madara can't really "Put Tartarus down" without Genjutsu, which, most peoole are trying to restrict him from using.

That said, Tartarus has isn't really Combat Savy tbh.

• He's never fought
  • Iirc, he's was asleep most of his existance (Could be wrong)
Tartarus is just old and powerful, he doesn't have any really any combat experience. Iirc, Damasen, his son who is weaker than he is, showcased this.

It's likely Madara would dominate him, while not able to "Kill him". Or, Madara can just become his "Jinchuriki", lol.

going with Madara fra. The argument that he cant use genjutsu is insane lol, we've many times that Madara can use sharingan abilities without his eyes and we have seen him use Susanno with rinnegan

Back