• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mad Dog vs Ip-Man

Well, making vs matches with superpower characters kinds of bore me a little bit. Let's make something different shall we:

Weapons are restricted but interacting with the environment is allowed.

3651796 orig
YES! THEY FIGHTS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!!

Are you "Greget" enough?

IP
Why don't come here and find out.

Mad Dog:
Ip-Man (Donnie Yen): 5 (Mr King, Dat Dot, Litentric, Sir, Seventy)

Inconclusive:

Homu create a street level match? what sorcery is this!? ovo

Hmm tough one, Mad dog has monstrous endurance, superior to Rama & Andi, but I think IP Man is more skilled and probably more experienced.

On the fence for now.

Same here. IP Man is certainly more skilled, Mad Dog's endurace is simply a bit insane. I'm wondering if IP can take him down via surgical points, similar to what he did against the larger master on his birthday.

I'll vote after thinking a bit. Though I do love this match-up.

I think he's very skilled, but when strictly comparing the two I would argue that Ip Man is better. Being able to teach a martial art to so many shows more than simply being able to effectively use it.

Actually someone once pointed out that the actor Mike Tyson portrays is pretty stronk for

- Being in a very horrible angle for a punch and thus only using a half or less powered punch, to send a grown man that blocked his punch flying

- And using a casual punch to send a punching bag nearly flying all the way

And those types of attacks Ip Man blocks

Yeah if Rama fight Mad Dog alone he would die (and Rama has bunch of impressive feats too), Maddy also can fight someone who is much taller, larger than him and wear body armor and win easily. And he can still fight with a sharp object in his freaking neck!

Hmm, voting for Mad Dog with high difficulty.

I've seen Mad Dog's clips a million times, and the guy's a monster. I mean, the whole feat involving the fluorescent light shard being stuck in his neck was done after he'd already taken numerous hits, been kicked into a wall, had his head knocked into concrete and even gotten choked out for a few moments. And even after he got stabbed in the neck, he was still kicking the everloving shit out of the Brothers. They had to basically rip his throat out with it before he finally stayed down for good.

Having said that though, that's...really all he has against Ip-Man outside of being a much more ruthless fighter. As tough as he is, Ip-Man punks guys much tougher and stronger than him. He's blocked blows from a guy who could casually do this, and stopped blows from Twister (who killed a guy with his fists) by hitting the weak points of the latter's arms mid-swing. Most of his opponents can easily get up from being kicked through railings and furniture, also.

Dog's other problem actually comes from one of his strengths; he takes too many hits. That's going to suck in this fight, since on top of having fought people with better actual durability feats, Ip-Man has him outskilled to the point that it's comical. The guy took down ten Karate blackbelts in a 10v1, and after he got hit in the eye during one of his fights, he managed to do this. Against a man who, up to that point, was easily keeping up with him and showed far more raw combat skill than Mad Dog ever did.

And that doesn't convince you that Dog is out of his league, then this will.

Dude, I've been wishing for more Street/Wall level matchups to be made for the longest time now. There was no way I wasn't going to say something once I saw this.

I'm predictable sometimes, I know.

Yeah, Mad Dog lacked of more feats, if only they use Mad Dog again in the Raid 2. >_>

I hope they giving him more "greget" feats like chewing a gun or something.

Might as well vote for IP Network since I can't counter the king's argument above.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
Honestly, IP only has more feats cuz he got more movies than MD.
I mean you're not wrong tho

On the plus side, I definitely don't think Ip-Man is going to have it easy here. He'll put Mad Dog down for sure, but the fight is going to get really, really, hell-on-wheels nasty before he does. Because again, the guy's stamina and tolerance for injury is just wrong.

Ip Man trained Bruce Lee. Bruce Lee > Discount Bruce Lee > Mad Dog.

Also Ip Man's martial arts is like, the best I've seen so far. He's contended with practitioners of other martial arts and even boxing and made complete jokes out of them. Also, this is a man who specializes in properly blocking hits that should outright knock him out and returning hits that do in fact knock people out.

What do you mean by "discount Bruce Lee"? Also, I'll take that as a vote for IP.

Question tho, how durable IP-man is?

Ip Man took hits from the Twister, who could kill a man - boxing gloves on - with his fists.

On Knight's video above, an 'assassin-esque' guy dented steel.

Also Mike Tyson can do this

- Send a boxing bag sailing with one casual strike, well three, but the third one is the strongest https://youtu.be/_cPgafBEqn4?t=112

- Horrible punching angle, you can barely use up much of your strength in this position. Can't find the clip though

Because his style of fighting is a death by 1000 cuts type deal. He's physically weak, but he can wear down much larger and more physically potent fighters through sheer speed and technique.

The people he fights aren't blatantly superhuman enough to be Wall level, either. They're all Street level, albeit fairly high-end for Street level.

Ip himself isn't weak, though. Far from it; he's easily as strong as half of the other people who could smash wooden items with raw force. He's just weak in comparison to some of the other fighters like Twister, Tyson, etc.

As far as raw durability:

• Also blocked punches and kicks from the aforementioned guy who could casually dent the metal portion of an elevator.
  • Got shot once at the end of Ip-Man 1 and lived. (Although he was severely incapacitated for a bit.)
  • Got knocked through a wooden chair and barely seemed to feel it.
  • Got punched into a window hard enough to smash both the glass and the wooden portions of it and was fine. Tyson was the one who did this to him, also.
  • Cheung Tin Chi kicked him through a (wooden) stair railing and into a wall, and he wasn't even fazed.

Watching the Tyson fight was really a spectacle. Ip Man looked like he was punching a brick wall, but his technique allowed him to make even someone like Tyson feel pain in his fists.

All of the fights in the Donnie Yen Ip-Man trilogy are just out there. Everyone is borderline-superhuman in some way, and Ip still makes the overwhelming majority of them look like chumps.

The way he casual'd Bruce Lee's kicks in-series (see video link I posted earlier) was probably one of the greatest things I'd seen in a while back when I first saw those films.

Back