• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ip Man (Donnie Yen) vs Achilles (Troy)

Welp most people don't care about these low tier matches but come on this here is pretty badass! Fight takes place in the martial arts school at the end of Ip Man 3 (where the last fight took place). They start 100 feet away from each other. Speed Equalized

Ip Man (Donnie Yen): 3

Achilles (Troy): 5

Inconclusive: 0

Feel like Ip Man is a bit more skilled, but Achilles has weapons and armor, and he cut through a bronze statue. Gonna vote for Achilles.

Technically Ip Man has wielded weapons before and is usually doing so depending he is fighting what type of characters. (In typical Chinese kung fu movies usually characters fight each other both barehanded or both with weapons.)

So would the match result change if both have got the same set of equipment? (Even in the movie trilogy Ip Man wields twin swords and bo staffs from time to time.)

Ip Man has beaten armed opponents while unarmed, so I vote Ip Man. Also Ip Man can use stuff inside the school as improvised weapons if he needed to.

Jasonsith said:
Where does it say 9-B? No where. It says he cuts a bronze stautue but that doesn't change anything. Ip-Man has fought opponents with weapons before that would kill with single stabs or cuts like any 9-B sword or spear would, it doesn't change anything.

Also yes the fight is in the school where there are many other weapons for Ip-Man to use.

Anttron224 said:
Ip Man has beaten armed opponents while unarmed, so I vote Ip Man. Also Ip Man can use stuff inside the school as improvised weapons if he needed to.
To be fair none of the armed opponents he's beaten while unarmed have been anywhere near Achilles.

As ironic as it sounds, according to versus rules here, this match cannot be added as a notable match if Achilles is winning due to stomping at >7.5 AP/dura differences but can be added if Ip Man is winning or Thunder McQuee is witnessing a treaty of truce.

And the calc is recently approved so Achilles is 9-C physically and at most 9-B with a sword.

He's not stomping since Ip-Man can still hurt him like any other opponent he's faced. The difference here is that there's a weapon. I mean even if Achilles were 9-C with a weapon it wouldn't change anything since he'd still kill Ip-Man in the same way with a 9-B weapon.

@Anttron224 beating weaker and less skilled armed opponents while unarmed is not a good reason for voting Ip-Man however Ip-Man being able to get weapons from the school is good.

I'll count your vote since he's got access to many different types of weapons in the school. Although he's not THAT much more skilled.

Scratch that, Achilles is Athletic Human while Ip Man is Peak Human, so Achilles doesn't even have the strength advantage, and he isn't even Street Level+ without his weapons, whereas Ip Man is and could easily disarm him if he needed to bring down Achilles' Attack Potency a notch. Achilles' only real advantage is with equipment. Hope these are better justifications than just "he can use weapons in the school".

Achilles is athletic human in lifting strength, but he is Peak Human in throwing (1052.1225 J) and striking with a weapon (405917.4618 J). And the difference shown is quite massive, making it a swing of stomp in favour for Achilles or Ip Man (AP at 9516.682172 J (Street Level+)).

So... Any bcrats, admins, mods etc feel this match is "fair"?

Ip Man activates Ultra Instinct and destroys Achiless with superior combat skills.He can fight multiple skilled opponents at once with ease even without the intention to kill.

Ip Man (Donnie Yen): 2 - Dzhindzholia, Anttron224

Achilles (Troy): 5 - Mr. Redic, Jackythejack, Cueio 2020, DivineTedrius, ZellTemplar55

Inconclusive: 0

Will need more input before I cast my vote

Well it's pretty much all there. Although I don't agree that Ip-Man completely dwarfs Achilles in skill since Achilles is the greatest warrior among Greece and all of Troy in the movie and has literally no equal whatsoever.

But based on what's been demonstrated I do agree that Ip-Man is more skilled.

Nico-v11 said:
Well it's pretty much all there. Although I don't agree that Ip-Man completely dwarfs Achilles in skill since Achilles is the greatest warrior among Greece and all of Troy in the movie and has literally no equal whatsoever.
But based on what's been demonstrated I do agree that Ip-Man is more skilled.
We have an embarrasing situation here:

Achilles is Wall Level in AP with weaons but only Street Level with a shield or even bare-handed (at least so from our calculations) while Ip Man is Street Level+. So in AP terms this is a stomp for Achilles if he starts with weapons and a stomp in Ip Man's favour if Achilles starts without it.

It is practically impossible Ip Man can disarm Achilles if Achilles just stabs with weapons from behind a shield or just waves his sword. Ip Man cannot even get close. Any extended melee weapons get sliced off before they get bounced off the shield.

However, without weapons Achilles cannot trade blows with Ip Man and gets beaten up more horribly than the end-of-movie bosses in Ip Man.

Sad to say or not, this is an AP stomp.

In here we do not just determine who is the winner: we determine whether this is a stomp thread in AP or other factors.

You may ask for opinions from experts, mods or admins here to see if this is a stomp on either side.

Ok so look. Ip Man has access to many weapons in the school and because of this he's capable of killing Achilles by stabbing Achilles in the gut or face or whatever.

Sure Achilles will cut through the weapons but there's still many weapons for Ip Man available to switch off with which is why it's not a stomp.

If we take out word of mouth saying Achilles is a skilled warrior, then all his skill feats are completely dwarfed by Ip Man. Throughout the movie he shows no knowledge of how to properly fight with a spear and shield or sword and shield, even placing his shield behind his head during one fight when his opponent is standing in front of him, and instead relies on brute strength alone instead of skill. Ip Man, and even Donnie Yen, are actually skilled fighters and display this skill in the movies. Ip man has also fought multiple skilled opponents with weapons, so Achilles with his weapons is a devoid argument. Ip Man has also beaten opponents that are far stronger than him, but those opponents still showed more skill than Achilles.

I vote Ip Man.

Word of mouth is a feat within the story that outclasses what's actually shown.

Also Achilles vs Hector definitely shows great skill.

Back