• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ip Man (Donnie Yen) vs Achilles (Troy)

Btw using the spear behind the neck is a thing. I've practiced King Fu and used a spear in a form. You throw the spear behind the neck and catch it with the other hand.

The rest seems generally fine but like I said the feat of being the best out does what's shown on screen that's how it works

Yes, in Kung Fu, but Achilles is Greek, he's jumping around, attacking with the edge of his shield, telegraphing his movements, putting his shield behind his head while his enemy is standing in front, using the butt of the spear like a sword, and he is generally being sloppy and slow.

Greek fighting is much more straight-forward, and less flashy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twErF4_zp9w

Their equipment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvcaWItHPpQ

I also, I never mentioned spear behind the neck, I said shield behind the neck.

Jasonsith said:
Ip Man (Donnie Yen): 3 - Dzhindzholia, Anttron224, RyuujinBaer
Achilles (Troy): 5 - Mr. Redic, Jackythejack, Cueio 2020, DivineTedrius, ZellTemplar55

Inconclusive: 0

But maybe Achilles is receiving a downgrade on his statue slicing feat.
Bump. With one more crucial question:

Is this statue slashed by Achilles considered a true solid metal statue made of copper and zinc... or is it just made of ceramics or mud? (Did ancient Greece have glazed and metal painted ceramics products?)

This will directly affect the striking strength of Achilles with a weapon.

It's a statue of Apollo in a temple dedicated to Apollo. It's probably a metal seeing how it's in reverence to him.

Back