• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Because 9C doesn't get enough love - Yuri Boyka vs Ip Man

help bump

And both are fighting with no weapons right?

Well I am tempted to vote for Yuri... then I noticed Yuri has a broken leg. And IM is famous for quick punching across opponent's body. He would have deduced that weakness and exploited it eventually.

IM by fighting smart.

To be fair, it's not necessarily broken but more vulnerable due to an injury he got front Chambers in the first movie. Even when his knee was busted, he still managed to use it to break Dolor's leg

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
To be fair, it's not necessarily broken but more vulnerable due to an injury he got front Chambers in the first movie. Even when his knee was busted, he still managed to use it to break Dolor's leg
Then Man would more times than not get KOed before being able to deduce the weakness of Yuri for Yuri's stronger physiques.

Yuri shattered a bench with a single kick.

If someone can get me the dimensions and weight of an average wooden bench, I can calc something out of it.

To be frank, while I watched back some clips of both, I found both had destroyed chairs or matched strength with opponents who destroyed chairs. Ip Man's one notable rival Cheung Tin Chi carved granite pillars with his bo staff and Ip Man matched him in strength, speed, durability and skills ultimately defeated Mr Cheung.

Needs to retract my vote for now.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Not sure if it'll warrant anything higher than 9C
Smashing a door is pretty high- into Wall level tho.

Also, Yuri smashed the whole thing in one single kick.

Yeah okay I think I'm going to go with...incon. They're both really skilled and it's hard to say who would best the other. You can argue Ip Man but I'd be in a safer set of mind with voting incon for now

Here we go: the calibrated feats say their physical powers are surprisingly close.

Ditto witnesses a treaty of truce FRA and my reasons.

Yuri has more unpredictable attacks (like those weird spinning snap kicks he does), but Ip-Man's actual combat skill feats should be superior. He's also dealt with other characters who have similarly flashy, airborne flip-kicks in their arsenal of moves and beaten them quite handily.

Ip also blocked attacks from a guy who could dent the metal siding of an elevator with his kicks, and also dealt with Cheung Tin Chi, who could carve bits of stone out of a pillar with a staff. If Yuri has superior AP, it really isn't much different.

Probably, yeah.

Just to elaborate on the skill thing, that guy who dented the metal elevator siding with his foot clearly has his own unpredictable flying kicks that he uses throughout the fight (and can also wall-jump mid-combat), and Ip finessed him easily. The in-universe Bruce Lee tried kicking a cigarette out of Ip's mouth, and this happened, with Ip being entirely unmoved and unimpressed by the attempt. After being blinded in one eye by Cheung Tin Chi, Ip did this with absolutely no difficulty, entirely in spite of the fact that Cheung was keeping up with him in combat up to that point.

I don't sleep on Yuri, but he's nothing Ip hasn't seen before. The latter has dealt with unpredictable attacks (the muay thai fighter above, among others), extremely aggressive opponents (Twister, Mike Tyson), and other characters who could smash wood and furniture, all of which are what Yuri's main sell is. He's also done ridiculous things like disabling a gun before a cop could fire it and beating a sword-wielding martial artist with nothing but a feather duster, all of which are decidedly things that Boyka has never done.

I vote Ip Man because he's dealt with extremely strong opponent's before, but I believe that it would be pretty close.

Oh and FRA.

Necromercer said:
never mind, I rethought. Gonna change my vote to Incon.
Yuri Boyka: 0

Ip Man (Donnie Yen): 6 (MrKingOfNegativity, Anttron224, Beast Zero Gudako, Xx.davidparra, Ciruno Fortes, Not Icarus)

Inconclusive: 3 (Jackythejack, Necromercer, Jasonsith)

counter of grace reset

bump if no necro

(since only 1 more vote for Ip Man is needed to conclude the match)

Back