• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rocky Balboa vs Ip Man (Donnie Yen)

I'm going to be perfectly honest, Balboa fights like too much of an idiot to stand any chance here. Ip has fought boxers whose showings onscreen (not statements, showings) depict them as being far above Rocky in the skill department while also being much tougher and stronger than Ip physically, and either won outright or held his own indefinitely. Balboa's fights are often won by him just toughing his way through what he gets hit with.

This is Balboa as of Rocky IV, who's almost twice as strong and durable as the feat Ip-Man scales to thanks to fighting and winning an extended match against Ivan Drago. (who has a 16,370 J feat that he later surpasses in the same movie) But that's hardly enough of an AP advantage to make a difference when Ip outclasses him in every other area and has worn down similarly strong boxers in his canon. Who, judging from the fights, were also much smarter and knew how to block strikes with something other than their face.

Ip-Man 8/10s this at worst.

You dudes made a ******* Rocky vs IP Man thread without even telling me firsthand? You conniving bastards.

Anyways, even if Rocky in his prime does have the capacity to bring down IP-Man for a ten count and sadly outedges him in sheer durability alone, I still think IP-Man would beat the shit out of him due to superior skill, speed, tactics, technique, experience, and his One Inch Punch with at least high-difficulty. Rocky's tank-like durability will only delay the inevitable.

So yeah IP Man gets my vote here, brah.

I'd also like to see a ring match between Rocky and Twister. Hell, I'd like to see Cheun Ting Chi (especially from Master Z) take on Ivan Drago and even Rocky at his prime.

Back