• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luke Skywalker VS Jetstream Sam

I'm pretty sure Sam Skill ***** The Next 3 Versions of Luke as well. Not Legends though, he's something else.

I honestly don't think Luke has a single wincon here, his LS' dura negation wouldn't even work

the last doesn't use the forcve at all, so stomp once again, the second last uses them but I don't really know to what extent

Yeah but that was like once.

Then again Sam gets nearly KOd by attacks that are almost baseline High 7C so Luke's AP might be too much

Armstrong is leaps and bounds above baseline and 121kt. Even then Sam ridiculously outskills and has a 1-hit-kill that is certainly going to land

Not to the extent that Luke is given he scales to being stronger then Vader who absolutely irks the 265 Kilotons feat.

Secondly, why would it "Absolutely land" Luke has Precog and TK in that form.

This is irrelevant though since this isn't a High 7C Luke and Sam

Yeah, just saying that Sam getting "nearly KOd by attacks that are almost baseline" is incorrect.

Precog can't help you against an attack that is more than 10 times faster than you, you seeing it coming won't change the fact that you can't possibly dodge something this much faster than you

There is no reason Precog can't help against a faster attack especially when Said attack has to cross 4KM distance before hitting

Yes, it can help, but you an't dodge something that is more than 10 times faster than you are just because you see it coming ,it simply doesn't work like that. And the Laido can also be used as a dash to cover large distances

No 10x is the bare minimum requirement for blitzing and that's taking massive distance and Precog into account

Legit Luke can Wave and TK Sam and that's assuming he started with it.

but again, Laido is NOT 10x, it's way above that. it blitzed Armstrong who can parry attacks that are 10 times faster than himself. And unless they are bloodlusted, they would both start by just meeting each other and then engage in the fight.

Which is fine, because with the distance in mind Luke still has time to wave his hand to use TK or any other tool he has to stop San from getting close.

once they meet the distance won't be an issue for Sam, he would already be in range for any of his attacks, and good luck using TK to move away an attack that is more than 10 times faster than you can react

They are not bloodlusted, they wouldn't start off by charging at each other. They would meet, Sam would shit talk and then they would start fighting at swordfighting range

SBA by default makes this a fight, they wouldn't start talking and not fighting eachother to start

Even if that was the case, Luke sees Sam about to attack him using an amp and tosses him away with TK as he's speaking

Schnee One said:
SBA by default makes this a fight, they wouldn't start talking and not fighting eachother to start
Even if that was the case, Luke sees Sam about to attack him using an amp and tosses him away with TK as he's speaking
Every fight would start by the opponents meeting at first, and it's in character for both to talk before fighting away. Also, i really don't recall Luke ever using precog in that key, not in the movie at least.

Every force user has Precog, also Luke does in fact use Precog since he's shown blocking attacks from behind him

I mean, that's barely classifiable as precog, there's a plethora of characters who can block, hit or shoot people from behind before they act and they don't have precog, it could very well just be a mix of skill, good senses and the opponent being predictable. And how many times does he do that? Like once?

And why are we even debating this? This thread is not about that key for Luke. As it stands this fight is a stomp, but if the op doesn't change the key Luke is in it stays a stomp.

Twellas said:
I mean, that's barely classifiable as precog, there's a plethora of characters who can block, hit or shoot people from behind before they act and they don't have precog, it could very well just be a mix of skill, good senses and the opponent being predictable. And how many times does he do that? Like once?
Those count as Ehnhanced senses secondly Luke did this 9 times in total, in the novel he also notes that each stroke Vader carried with his blade had "An incoming sense of direction and danger" each time he attempted to swipe.

You kept debating so I kept going :p

"an incoming sense of direction and danger" is nowhere near enough to allow him to dodge Laido, especially when said sense appears when the attack has already started. This along with the fact that Luke never dealt with someone this much faster than him and is outskilled and robbed of his weapon's dn makes me think Sam would get the win.

I highly suggest op change Luke's key to make this an actual battle

Schnee One said:
It is enough to know "This guy is going to amp and blitz me, get TKd" at the start
no proof his precog would allow him to see this far, its only application is very short-term, and boils down to "an incoming sense of direction and danger" to attacks.

Yeah, let's wait for op to change this.

Back