• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobsican

He/Him
Oh well, this had to happen at some point.

Luffy at High 8-C and Gunvolt at 8-A, speed equalized.

Straw Hat: 5 (The Calaca, Ionliosite, Eminiteable, Oblivion Of The Endless, Poppio2)

Azure Striker: 0

Incon: 0

Gunvolt2
One piece luffy

That's a lot to unpack; but how is Azure hurting Luffy? his main methods of attack are via Guns(Which don't effect Luffy) and Electricity(which doesn't effect Luffy) And i think luffy should still be able to bypass his intangibility due to being rubber.

The Calaca said:
What's Gunvolt's AP and how can he deal with Luffy?
55291659873.2 Joules in AP

As for the other part, well, electricity is obviously out here offensively, so Gunvolt is forced to have to go to use martial arts, but he's not outclassed that much when you remember that he can also heal to a degree.

Their AP is quite similar then, but I guess Gunvolt has an edge there.

Luffy should take this via blunt force resistance, electricity resistance, better stamina and better range

wouldn't this be a stomp? even tho Asure has the AP advantage it's practically irrelevant since he can't harm Luffy.

The Calaca said:
The Low 7-C attack? Luffy has resisted way worse.
It's not an attack, it's basically a transformation, aka, basically, if Gunvolt is defeated, he can come back with a Low 7-C amp.

But he still has the same offensive options. He'd toss Luffy around with the latter not being able to counter attack if the Low 7-C applies to his Durability as well.

What about 8-A? Would that key be more reasonable?

As yes, it also scales to durability.

I suppose it might be fairer, but I don't see how Gunvolt can deal with Luffy.

• Electricity? Lolno.
  • Swords? Electricity based.
  • Bullets? Bounce off.
  • Martial arts? Luffy resists and I bet they are comparable in battle smart.

Updating to 8-A then.

Anyways, yeah, GV is quite limited in options, btu the AP mitigates that enought to not be stompy.

Poppio2 said:
I recall GV's shots being darts that stick into the opponent to channel his electricy though.
Pointless anyway. Luffy's body is rubber down to the smallest cell you can think of.

Well, Gunvolt has a decent AP advantage now, respectively, so now Luffy likely has to attack quite more to make the difference at least, especially when you remember that GV can also heal himself back to peak (it's not spammable, but still noteworthy).

Hm... well, fair.

I'll vote Luffy. Gunvolt's healing might be good, but he has little to nothing to actually harm Luffy and considering they should both be comparable in skill, the only real advantage he possess is AP which is highly lessened by Luffy's resistances.

@Bob

The link in the OP still goes to Post-Timeskip Luffy.

Anyways, Gunvolt can always lolprevade, and the darts might be able to count as piercing. If all else fails, Gunvolt's gun is stated to be able to use normal bullets and small rocks, so he could get some piercing damage that way, not to mention Voltenic Chains has the chains in question have pointed ends, so more piercing. Gunvolt's been fighting for basically his entire life, and has figured out the weaknesses of some fairly tough Adepts. Luffy is nothing new to him.

Also, if it's High 8-C vs 8-A then Luffly literally can't damage GV.

It was already discussed, Luffy upscales from High 8-C already, and the gap isn't even that big.

8-A Luffy just wipes the floor with GV as he resists everything.

Enel turns into Electricity. Gunvolt turns into Electrons. Technically different. One's a thing, another is subatomic particles.

A thing, didn't I tell you?

I'm guessing he ignores the intangibility via being rubber, which dosn't conduct electricity well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back