• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking to find some sort of technicallity that makes Luffy not resist prevasio

This seems to be a huge mismatch. Gunvolt can only damage Luffy with his strongest attack, and not with the part that does most of the damage.

Mmm... then I'm not sure...

Luffy should still hold the upper hand with the resistances however, which should avoid this from being an stomp, especially with the range advantage because noping electricity really removes most of GV options.

BTW, 8-A GV is 158.58 Tons.

Eminiteable said:
Using his first key should still be fine.
That was already discussed, Luffy's resistances lead into stomp territory.

So the AP gap surprisingly shouldn't lead into an stop here, after all, it's normally the case, but with the conditions here... not as much, respectively.

He can really only heal once, the amount of time to heal again is quite high to the point it's virtually not combat applicable.

So that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Hm... I see.

Well, Luffy would need to push himself a lot to dent Gunvolt, but considering he also can heal fast (not combat applicable unless the fight takes a lot of time) and can grow stronger in a considerably short timeframe, he might start doing some damage until Gunvolt can't heal anymore.

Okay, I guess the voting phase can finally start then, unless there's something else to discuss.

Gunvolt can heal all of his health every 60 seconds. Frankly, this matchup is completely unfair. You're literally putting a character against someone else who counters them in every conceivable way.

Luffy's rubber-ness counters everything in Gunvolt's kit. Can Gunvolt even damage Luffy if he dosn't find a pebble or something for some piercing damage?

Please. Delete this. Also WTF would High 8-C Luffy's wincon be? He can't touch Gunvolt in terms of damaging him (As opposed to the usual way). Looking at their stamina feats, they appear to be pratically the same.

Luffy deadass can't punch hard enough without buffing himself. And if we're letting him buff, then we should let Gunvolt buff. And Gunvolt buffs to 100x.

Luffy upscales already to the High 8-C stuff, so the gap isn't even that big, GV may only get chip damage at first, but Luffy will eventually be able to deal more damage.

Anyways, the "buffing" part sounds like you dislike the concept of this match rather than actual stompyness.

That would only prolong the fight even more. A 100x amp would put Gunvolt at Enel's level.

Luffy can't heal. Gunvolt can. And Gunvolt's healing recharges over time.

I dislike both of these things. If you wern't a Gunvolt fan I'd say it was spite.

GV Vs. Enel isn't a bad idea after this...

And as stated above, as this match is going to take a while, Luffy can heal in the long run.

Luffy has an accelereated healing factor. He recovers from wounds much faster than a normal human. It's like a pretty bad Regenerationn that works on some kind of wounds (slashes, stabs, etc.).

Yeah I'm sorry this match is obsurdly stupid. And regardless of whether or not Luffy is going to struggle damaging Gunvolt Gun has literally zero win condition outside of hoping to god that all of his meaningless hits are doing so s kind of damage.

This match sucks, and I'm closing if their aren't arguments against it

TBH go ahead.

There's no reasonable way to make arguments for either side without being what is basically an stomp.

Mech.gif
P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back