• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucy (Elfen Lied) EoS Upgrade (New possible way of calculating tsunami via earthquake feats?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Migue79

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Greetings, everyone! I hope everyone's doing well.

I am writing this CRT to upgrade Lucy's EoS Pre-Melting key from 7-C (Town Level) to High 7-A (Large Mountain Level). I have made a calculation computing the energy dissipated as Radiated Waves by Lucy's explosion using the height of the tsunami she has created. I got it approved by a Calculation Team member and Antvasima gave me the green light.

The description for her EoS profile should say something similar to:

At least Large Mountain Level (Drilled a two kilometer hole through a small island and caused a nuclear explosion as she began to evolve past her limits, with this explosion causing a +30 meter tsunami) to at least Island Level, possibly much higher (Her Vectors grew large enough to become visible from space, and she implied herself to be capable of killing every human on Earth or even destroying the planet itself).

There has been very brief discussion in the blog that the method used could also be used for other tsunami via. earthquake feats for other characters. Do you guys agree with these conclusions?

You can use the Elfen Lied verse page to find other members to ask to comment here via their message walls.

You cannot use guesswork statistics though, only the accepted calculation result.

So, that's a no to the method, but a yes to the accepted calculations. Got it.

Will do with asking people to comment.

Well, you can use the calculation result, and state that she might be higher, due to implying that she could destroy the entire planet and such, but it seems inappropriate to assign a definitive extra tier.

The Island Level is her post-melting with her vectors being larger than an island, and it wasn't established by me. But it seems reasonable to discard it.

Likely Or possibly higher? Btw

As for "possibly" or "likely", it depends on how reliable her higher feats and statements are.

Understood. I have messaged people in the verse to give their opinions here. So, I guess we will have to wait to decide the general consensus.

Nice.

The 6-C tier was recommended by several users back when I revised Elfen Lied.

Promestein said:
Nice.

The 6-C tier was recommended by several users back when I revised Elfen Lied.
It was under the reasoning that her vectors' CS-Area was greater than that of Cyprus, right? I never understood why they chose 6-C.

Since her planetary vectors can't really be calced, I was advised to just go with 6-C~High 6-C for some reason. I wanted to go with an Unknown, or far higher over time

Hmm... Ok. So, we can put Lucy's EoS key to just saying "At least Large Mountain Level, likely much higher."

Considering with the calc provided, she's 2 Gigatons away from being Island Level (as far as I'm concerned) and her vectors are much more powerful (They were 2 km before she melted and they're at least 1,200x longer). I think that should be the best description for Lucy's EoS key.

Maybe a jump to 6-C is sensible then

I suppose it is. But likely or possibly higher? Or we leave that out?

At least High 7-A, 6-C, likely/possibly higher when enraged/melting/whatever

Ah. Likely much higher when enraged. Just like her base and long horn form. Seems pretty consistent not gonna lie.

So, I guess we have an agreement? Or do we need more input before implementing the changes?

I trust Promestein's sense of judgement.

So, do the changes changes to Lucy's profile pass? Or...

And the calc's been supported, so the update is fine if no one has any issues.

Alright! High 7-A Lucy! That honestly sounds more consistent and fitting tbh

Absolutely. I'll update my beloved Lucy's page

Also, DMUA commented about making the method of this calculation widespread. Should I create a general discussion thread (or whatever VS Battles uses to discuss calculation methods) to discuss if the method's accurate for circumstances outside of this one?

Oki! Will do that ASAP!

And I'm supposing any losses involving 7-C Lucy are now invalid, right?

The Carnage match is invalid. Weather Report, though, is all hax, so the fight doesn't change.

I suspected so. Anyways, this thread can be closed now, I suppose.

I'll leave it open. It's good to leave threads open long enough for people to give dissenting opinions after something goes through.

Oh, okay. That's no problem, then.

Speaking of Carnage vs. Lucy (off-topic question cuz why not), what did you think of Death Battle's episode on the matchup?

I watched and read Elfen Lied shortly after the Death Battle because of how unbelievably cute I found Lucy

Oh, you didn't know about her before then! I thought you did cuz you were a supporter of the universe! Wow...

You should ask some calc group members, such as Ugarik and Antoniofer, along with DontTalkDT to comment in your calc group forum thread.

Yeah. Will do. But I need to hit the hay: had a long day xD

Thanks to the two of you for your time, and have a nice day! :D

Okay. No problem. Have a nice day as well.

Okay. Thanks. Is there something left to do here, or should we close this thread now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back