• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucy (EL) Further Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Migue79

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hello, everybody! Migue79 here to bring you all yet another CRT for the character in question. I will be revising her profile with some additions, adjustments and removals of certain abilities, statistics & justifications off of the profile.

Just a heads up, some scans contain nudity. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Additions
  • Abilities:
    • Recreation: Can re-create any of her vectors that were completely erased by the Vector Craft Carrier.
    • Stealth Mastery: This comes from the fact that she was able to remain under cover killing thousands of people for years without the police being able to properly track her down for the same amount of time.
    • Possible Reincarnation: At the very end of the manga, it is heavily implied that 2 of Lucy's personalities (Kaede & Nyuu) were reincarnated, but this is not officially confirmed of course. Hence the possibly.
  • Statistics:
    • Teen Lucy Lifting Strength: Via this calc, Teen Lucy would now get Class M LS with Vectors as opposed to Class K, as well as those that scale to her (Nana & Mariko). So... Yeah.
    • Possible Tier 5 EoS Lucy: Here is the big fish and something I've been keeping in store off-site for a long time now, and it is now time to showcase this. Right here is a calculation that got accepted not too long ago which hopefully can be implemented to give Lucy a 'possibly 5-C' rating. And as I said in the calc, I would elaborate on whether or not she can actually do it. And my proposal here is that it is possible that she has 5-C max AP and neither certain nor impossible.
      • There is evidence that can point to the calc being legit, particularly that she genuinely believes she can destroy the world (which in the context of the scene means planet), with no contrary evidence suggesting otherwise. Also, a scientist who studies vectors states that Lucy's vectors are a power that can physically exterminate humanity. And that conclusion was drawn just from observing the aftermath of an unknown fraction of Lucy's full power. Something else to consider is that despite these claims, she doesn't want to actually destroy the world because she'd be all alone and she has people to protect (she flat out tells us this in the manga); which would mean her having 'possibly 5-C' AP wouldn't really break the story.
      • Of course, the possibly comes in because of one doesn't know for sure that Lucy would destroy the planet in the way my calc implies. I can't prove with certainty that that's how it would happen. Otherwise I would be pushing for a straight up 5-C upgrade. But my calc does try to extrapolate the abilities she has shown in-canon.
Adjustments
Now for the adjustments to her justifications & all other stuff:
  • Teen Lucy AP: As we know, her AP/Dura is divided into 2 ratings (9-A normally, 8-C when enraged). However, upon closer inspection and deep thought, this notion isn't quite supported by the manga itself. Why this matters is because the profile is practically saying that Lucy gets over 100x stronger without anything in the manga really suggesting so. In fact, it doesn't make sense when you consider 2 things:
    • First is that Lucy did the 8-C feat when she was younger than when she did the 9-A feat, on top of the former being very casual, and the latter being when she was angry.
    • Second thing is that she has been stated to be constantly getting stronger. It doesn't make sense for Lucy 3 years after the 8-C feat to be normally weaker than when she did the feat, especially by 100x as the calc results suggest.
    • Ultimately, my proposition is to just scrap the 9-A rating and let Teen Lucy just have a straight up 8-C rating, higher while enraged. It alleviates the discrepancy and makes it more organized in hindsight. This would also make Nana & Mariko 8-C as a result as well via scaling.
  • Non-Physical Interaction: Her current justification for this ability comes from interacting with Mariko's vectors directly in the Anime. However, I have plans for giving Lucy an Anime Profile given they have different stats & abilities (Anime Lucy does not get past 9-B, trust me when I say this and you'll see once I make the anime profile lol). She still keeps this ability, but it's just going to be replaced with her being able to completely deflect her own vectors with her forcefield.
  • EoS Lucy Reaction Speed Adjustment: With this calculation, her reaction speed will now just be Relativistic. Simple enough.
  • Weaknesses: Oh, boy. This needs to be neatened up because these weaknesses are being jumbled up, and such thing leads to weaknesses that don't apply to certain keys unintentionally applying to them. Thankfully, I have reorganized her weaknesses here already. Also, I need to address this because I find it very amusing:
Lucy is emotionally unstable, and during times of stress or trauma, she may revert to her harmless, innocent persona as Nyuu.
Ignoring that the Nyuu part shouldn't apply to Child Lucy, that part of the statement is most definitely not true.

Removal
Now for the removal...
  • EoS Lucy Range: If the possibly 5-C rating is accepted, then the 'possible Planetary' rating will have to go as well given it clashes with what is accepted in the profile.
And... That's all from me! Quite a long one. Let me know if any additional info is needed from my end.

I also really hope I don't get crucified for pushing a mere 'possibly' rating ;-;

New Conclusions
  • NPI to be fully scrapped, and Resurrection is too vague.
  • Vectors should have mass via being treated as literal arms:

Last edited:
Not sure about Non-Physical Interaction since Vectors can become physical and they can be touched by people.

Same with Reincarnation since them reincarnating could simply be the verse mechanics where if a person dies, they will reincarnate in the next life.

Not sure about AP one since I'm not a calc expert but that's about it. If it's legit 5-C then GG.

Others look fine.

Not sure about Non-Physical Interaction since Vectors can become physical and they can be touched by people.
Oooh! Possible further support for NPI!

IIRC, the vectors themselves were accepted as energy constructs (which "can act pretty physical" lol), and them being able to interact with the world means they can exert a force and not necessarily that they become physical matter. At least that’s what’s what a previously accepted CRT said (or was it in a calc? Idr atm). So I’d imagine that interacting with them at all would mean NPI.

Mind you, I personally disagree with the accepted composition of the vectors, but I don’t know if it’d be worth the time arguing against it so lol.
Same with Reincarnation since them reincarnating could simply be the verse mechanics where if a person dies, they will reincarnate in the next life.
While I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to say/think this, I find it... weird that a realistic verse where there isn't any magic or any of that stuff to have a resurrection mechanic. In fact, I don't think there was ever such thing established (unless I missed something)? It's weird. Rushed writing 101, let me tell ya.

IIRC, the vectors themselves were accepted as energy constructs (which "can act pretty physical" lol), and them being able to interact with the world means they can exert a force and not necessarily that they become physical matter. At least that’s what’s what a previously accepted CRT said (or was it in a calc? Idr atm). So I’d imagine that interacting with them at all would mean NPI.
Vectors as Energy Constructs? How?
They're stated to be invisible arms which carry the Gene for Diclonii virus and while it's true they can vibrate to generate different effects (Intangibility, visibility, size increase, explosion generation, radiation generation, etc), they weren't stated to be anything as Energy or anything Non-Physical at least from what I remember. Matter of fact the whole deflecting Vectors thing is out of context since there was no forcefield but rather the consciousness of Nyu and Kaede who were suppressing the Will of Lucy to not attack Kouta and others by deflecting and bending the vectors on their own over the small area Kouta and his friends were in. Then there's the fact that Vectors cannot deflect each other. So I'm very skeptical at giving NPI since they haven't shown to interact with anything Non-Physical.

While I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to say/think this, I find it... weird that a realistic verse where there isn't any magic or any of that stuff to have a resurrection mechanic. In fact, I don't think there was ever such thing established (unless I missed something)? It's weird.
Don't know how you say it's realistic when it's the opposite. But it being realistic or unrealistic is irrelevant here since "Reincarnation" is a belief many culture have and different Japanese fiction portray this too (Angel Beats, Gantz, Baby Baachan, etc). In addition, it wasn't really implied or specified that Lucy could reincarnate with her powers or anything. Just that she died at the hands of Souta and 10 years later we find two kids who are implied to be Nyu and Kaede meet Souta and his daughter in the place where Kaede buried her letter. Nothing else. So best not to account this for anything at all unless there's some evidence that Lucy's powers were responsible for their reincarnation.

Last edited:
agreed on speed and ap changes. Same with stealth and recreation. Agree with teen lucy adjustments. Disagree with non physical interaction for the reasons above. No opinion on reincarnation, It is way to vague for me to make a call.

First blurb snip.
I believe it was concluded that the vectors were telekinetic manifestations based on a fan translation saying that the Vector Carrier's Vector Canceller would vibrate out of phase with the wavelength of the vectors, and that particular detail (somehow lol) points to the vectors having a non-physical make up. However, that explanation given in the fan translation is not present in the official Dark Horse translations (which I own a physical copy of) where it tells us that it just reverts the phase topology of the vectors lol. So... Hmm...

Should it be concluded that the vectors are not made of energy, and instead have mass? There IS evidence pointing to the vectors having mass -more than otherwise at least-: the vectors are called arms, look like arms, behave like arms, they can be grappled as you showed in your scan, transmit a disease like a biological vector, make sound audible to normal humans, etc.

In any case, I will remove NPI from her Manga profile as I agree the evidence for it is weak.
Second blurb snip.
Ignoring that we can't prove that such a thing exists irl for a bit, we don't really use other works of fiction to justify something that isn't necessarily the case. It's evaluated case-by-case.

But I guess the fact that there is a burden of proof on Resurrection via own power regardless kind of shoots down even a possibility of her having such ability. Sooooooooo, RIP Reincarnation I guess.

Basically yes there's more evidence of them being Physical appendages which can turn Intangible via vibration rather than them being some sort of Non-Physical part.

And I pointed out the other fictions because even in Realistic Real World setting, themes of Reincarnation are existent. Elfen Lied showing reincarnation would only lead to the conclusion that Reincarnation of souls is present in the series via Occam's Razor (unless ofc some guidebook or Lynn Okamoto interview gives direct evidence of Lucy's reincarnations as a result of her own powers).

Oker. I will go ahead and apply the revisions if no one minds.

It’s pretty much that there’s an absence of evidence for NPI.

The only evidence there was is from the Anime, which is different enough from the Manga. So…

It’s pretty much that there’s an absence of evidence for NPI.

The only evidence there was is from the Anime, which is different enough from the Manga. So…
Damn, that sucks.

Regardless, everything in the OP that considers the New Conclusions looks fine to implement in my opinion.

Damn, that sucks.

Regardless, everything in the OP that considers the New Conclusions looks fine to implement in my opinion.
Sweet. I have implemented them now that I got input from 2 staff members. :3

Would you mind closing this now? This thread should be concluded now…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back