• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucifer Morningstar (Tv Series) abilities downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
latest

Dormammu's dimension is within the multiverse

Can somebody summarize the actual topic here? Preferably with some evidence.

Lucifer Morningstar has possible Resistance to Antimatter Manipulation because in the Crisis on Infinite Earths Crossover he showed up and wasn't concerned about the Antimatter Wave or destruction of the Multiverse.

This thread want's to remove that because there's no other evidence to suggest such a resistance.

The thread also assumes that Lucifer wasn't afraid because he could have gone to hell to escape and that hell is outside the multiverse now if you will ask me that's an big assumption

I'm not arguing for that. Just to be clear. I'm arguing it can literally be "possibly [anything]", so I don't think anything is really more valid than anything else considering the lack of context or evidence we have. Therefor it's unquantifiable.

In a short crossover clip, Lucifer recognizes the multiverse is being destroyed by antimatter but doesn't seem concerned.
Currently, this is listed as justification for "Possibly Resistance to Antimatter".
The argument I make is that this is simply nonsense, since his laid-back attitude can be explained a myriad of different ways other than the assumed "he must be immune to antimatter".

1.) He knows his Father has an ultimate plan for everything, and so he has no reason to believe he'd let the multiverse actually be destroyed.
2.) If he did believe it was going to be destroyed, his personality would fit with partying rather than panicking.
3.) Even if he dies on Earth, he is simply sent back to Hell, a place his brother could also take him.

In addition, it just seems excessively vague to justify including in his key, since it relies on a rather major assumption based on nothing more than his current attitude. To be clear, he does not actually state he is not worried or that he would be fine, he merely doesn't display fear.

1.) He knows his Father has an ultimate plan for everything, and so he has no reason to believe he'd let the multiverse actually be destroyed.
2.) If he did believe it was going to be destroyed, his personality would fit with partying rather than panicking.
3.) Even if he dies on Earth, he is simply sent back to Hell, a place his brother could also take him.
1.)Lucifer genuinely believes his father doesn't give a shit about him in early seasons and about the gods plan Lucifer made fun of that thing a lot of times in earlier seasons and doubted it too
2.)Well the second point actually supports the resistance so thank you
3.)And about the third point that assumes that the hell is outside the multiverse which certainly is an big assumption

Last edited:
Lucifer absolutely not doubting god's plan here will contradict with his character in earlier seasons of the show

Truth is we have no idea how lucifer was intending to survive the antimatter wave. So I guess I'm in favour of removing the antimatter resistance as it's an assumption and nothing more.
This seems to make sense to me.

1.)Lucifer genuinely believes his father doesn't give a shit about him in early seasons and about the gods plan Lucifer made fun of that thing a lot of times in earlier seasons and doubted it too
2.)Well the second point actually supports the resistance so thank you
3.)And about the third point that assumes that the hell is outside the multiverse which certainly is an big assumption
Does the purgatory still exist while the antimatter erase all universes ?

Last edited:
Is somebody willing to apply this change? It seems straightforward to apply.

Yes, the resistance seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back