• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 7-B+ upgrade for Sabaody archipelago characters+ (pre-timeskip)

Eminiteable

He/Him
It came to my attention due to the serveral hancock threads that we currently scale gears luffys all to the same level as well as Asura Zoro... however that is wrong:

• Diable Jambe Sanji (1.27 megatons), Gear Second Luffy (1.27 megatons) and Base Zoro (424 kilotons...) all struck the Pacfista equally dealing the first bit of real damage to him. Zoro then later takes a direct attack and falls down due to his injuries, but, this isn't due to him being weaker than the other two as Sanji explains, thus base zoro should scale to them both considering there isn't really any anti-feats other than taking all of Luffy's thriller bark damage and not healing yet. This would also suggest the pacifista can take 3 times 1.27 megatons which supports asura and gear third's rating's that i'll bring up now.
  • Zoro and Luffy both did considerable damage to the Pacifista which was what took it out (and the reason why i wouldn't scale sanji to this is because when using his diable jambe he only sent the pacifista flying without any noticeable damage) so i propose: gear second Luffy, base Zoro and diable jambe Sanji scaling to 1.27 megatons, and Asura Zoro and Gear third luffy scaling to 3.82 Megatons.
  • I'm unsure if this would also scale for Zoro in thriller bark, although it does seem so, also considering this i also don't know how this would effect other base scaling considering everyone is scaling to base zoro who is 3 times weaker than asura. if it doesn't then Zoro will need a sabaody key added to his profile.
Here you can view the sandbox for all the profiles which will be directly effected, some profiles still have the same rating but will simply change in where they scale too. (Sorry if it's messy, i'll try to make it more clear and tidy in the next few days)

So basically, those who scale to 3.72 Megatons become Low 7-B+?

Also, can you please make the fishman thread? I'm too lazy ovo.

No, no. Currently all pre-timeskip Low 7-B's scale to 1.27 megatons from G2 Luffy and moriah.

I know, but I'm saying that with you're proposal of making some characters scale to 3.72 Megatons, they become Low 7-B+ since the + range starts at 3.65 Megatons.

Yeah, to get the plus range of a tier (bellow Tier 2) you combine the high end of the tier (6.3 Megatons for Low 7-B) and the low end of the tier (1 Megaton for Low 7-B), and then divide by 2. So basically: 6.3 + 1 = 7.3 ├À 2 = 3.65.

Yeah i knew that but i always thought it was 10 megatons for the end of Low 7-B, never mind.

When Zoro and Luffy injured the Pacifist he was already damaged. So I don't know if both should scale (Especially Luffy who took the final shot)

Hold on, something seems wrong here:

> Durability: Small City level (Despite Robin and Nami severely damaging PX-4's circuitry with lightning, and having it blast a laser inside of its own body, it could tank attacks from all of the Straw-Hats, including Thriller Bark Zoro, Sanji, and Luffy in Gear Second)

This is where the durability rating of the Pacifista comes from.

But Zoro gets his rating from:

> Attack Potency: Small City level with Asura (Harmed a Pacifista, who could clash with Gear Two Luffy)

This seems a bit circular.

That's honestly an issue on the descriptions imo: The pacifista off-screen took on base zoro, sanji and g2 luffy harming them and then took a combined attack from diable jambe sanji g2 luffy and base zoro = 3 times Low 7-B on his own considering although slight damage he was still ok. After that robin damages it with it's own laser and nami passes lightning through it; but the damage doesn't really lower it's durability as it's made of tough metal.

Currently Zoro's is being scaled to G2 in Asura even though G2 on it's own never damaged the pacifista, Zoro in that fight was more comparable to G2 and D.J in base (1.27 megatons) and G3 and the pacifista itself in Asura.

Maybe this will make it a bit more clear (or if people are confused check the links i've left in the original post I'm sorry if i haven't communicated this well enough):

• Pacifista = 3.72 Megatons (Took the combined attacks of the monster trio[G2 Luffy, Diable Jambe Sanji and Base Zoro] who are all 1.27 megatons and later on took the combined attacks of Ashura Zoro and G3 Luffy [aswell as the rest of the crew] to finally bring it down)
  • 3.72 Megatons = Ashura Zoro (Due to 3 times increase) = Gear Third Luffy (comparable to Ashura Zoro in dealing damage to the pacifista)
  • 1.27 Megatons = Gecko Moriah = Gear Second Luffy = Diable Jambe Sanji = Base Zoro

To be honest, I don't think that Gear 2 Luffy should be fully scaling to Shadows Asgard Gecko Moria.

Luffy had to combine Gear 2 + Gear 3 in order to finish him off. His Gear 2 attacks were making him release shadows, but weren't causing much damage.

Also, your scaling chain there doesn't make sense. The Pacista can't be >3.72 Megatons if Zoro with 3.72 Megatons was able to leave massive cuts in its body.

yes he's not greater i just put that up as an alternative because i wasn't quite sure what your issue with the scaling was in first post.

The moriah = gear second scaling was already accepted on another thread and i'm not really sure this is the place to be bringing it back up.

it was explained that moriah was losing shadows due to losing conciousness from Luffy's attacks.

Regardless if the black box was damaged by moriah it still wasn't broken and still kept luffy contained until he instantly broke out.

These same debates happened in the original thriller bark scaling thread and they shouldn't be brought up here considering the thread wasn't concluded that long ago.

All the Strawhats sans were able to perform some kind of damage to Oars or match him physically.

>Luffy stomped him in Nightmare mode and broke his spine during the final blow.

>Zoro cut him several times through the fight, matched him in power and endured many attacks from him.

>Nami electrocuted him, doing a small damage.

>Sanji desestabilized him and cancelled his attack (enhanced by the stretching).

>Chopper and Franky punched him and shook his head to affect him.

>Robin grabbed his arm without him managing to get free.

>Brook pierced his shoulder.

The threat Oars represented was due to his massive size and zombie condition. Arguing nobody should scale to him ignores the whole fight.

@Eminiteable; Moriah was already losing consciousness. Zoro explained that the battle was already won, and that it was a race against time to see whether Moriah would burn himself out or if the sun would emerge.

@The Calaca; I wasn't trying to argue that nobody should scale to Oars. Just that it doesn't make a lot of sense to scale Sanji as being superior to Oars.

Looking at their profiles currently:

> Oars is rated as being equal to Sanji's Diable Jambe.

> Sanji's Diable Jambe is equal to the Pacifista's durability.

> The Pacifista's durability is equal to Gear 2 Luffy.

> Gear 2 Luffy is equal to Shadows Asgard Moriah.

The issue is that Moriah is more powerful than Oars ever was.

Now, I'm not saying that everything is wrong; I'm just saying that somewhere a mistake in the scaling was introduced that has lead to Oars being equal to someone that's far stronger than him.

The pacifista having durability equal to gear second is an error.

Perhaps the best thing to do would be to create sabaody keys for sanji and Zoro as such Sanji wouldn't = 1.27 Megatons in thriller bark and as such = oars = G2 Luffy = Asgard Moriah.

Luffy should still definitely scale to Asgard Moriah for harming him and breaking out of the black box which Moriah after his countless punches and kicks couldn't fully destroy.

That's how the manga has been written. Shadow Asgard was completely overhyped outside of a feat when he couldn't overwhelm Luffy. Especially since by logic he should have been around 10x stronger than Nightmare Luffy.

Don't we not consider statements from random bystanders anyways considering that's why we don't rate Mihawk at 6-B just because a bystander marine said he had the strongest slash in the world.

@Eminiteable; there's a big difference between some randoms in Marineford and the people there who actually witnessed Oars and Moria.

The black box was crushed by Moria. It doesn't scale to his attack power. And Luffy's attack was destroying it from the inside. If you crushed a box from the outside, it'll get flattened, but if you're trying to burst out of it from the inside then you're going to make a hole on it. Also, come on, "countless punches and kickes"? You mean one punch and one kick.

The reason why Gecko Moriah couldn't beat Luffy was because of his innate resistance to blunt damage which is all that Moriah was attacking him with.

Anyways and like me and calaca have brought up it seems more likely Moriah just isn't that strong.

Regardless of how Oars is treated it doesn't really have an effect on this thread and as such isn't relevant to bring up here.

Those "randoms" were likely marine headquarter captains with the same rank as smoker, but regardless random bystanders just like those who comment on Moriah...

The black box took the attacks and Luffy rather effortlessly broke out, it doesn't become more obvious than that.

@Eminiteable; sorry, but this argument doesn't hold up. Gear 2 Luffy is not massively more powerful than Oars.

The simple fact is that the black box didn't take the attacks. It was crushed by them. Even if you're arguing that Luffy destroyed it in the end, doesn't the fact that he destroyed it after it was already crushed by two massive attacks mean that the black box could've been weakened?

It does and it was accepted, again damage why didn't you just comment in that original thread to give your thoughts, or did you and were they not accepted?

From the looks of it I completely missed the original thread. Kobster had just finished making the edits as somebody brought up the idea of asking my opinion and then the thread was closed soon after.

Anyway, aside from the first issue I mentioned, there is another issue in that you're treating all three characters hitting him at the same time to mean "all three characters have equal attack potency."

I don't see how this is a viable reason for scaling. Hitting a character at the same time that someone else does, doesn't mean you're equal to them.

The BB was deformed by the punches but Luffy completely ripped it.

I don't know why do you try to stretch the point this much. You can have direct evidence but it seems that if it doesn't fit your opinion is wrong and whatever excuse is good to convince people.

? All three attack hit the pacifista with a combined attack (similar to Enies lobby) called "mouton jet 600 pound cannon" and it sends the pacifista flying; it's quite clearly portraying them as equals in this instance.

@The Calaca; I'm trying to make it clear that the simplest interpretation; "X failed to break Z, Y broke Z, therefore Y > X", isn't necessarily true.

Even if the box wasn't ripped by Moriah's punches (how could it be?), the structural integrity of it was completely ruined and it was crushed. That means that Luffy doesn't not need superior strength in order to rip it.

Eminiteable said:
I noticed that in the first bullet point I quoted that you said 3.82 megatons, and in the second one I quoted, you said 3.72 megatons.

Just wanted to point out the typo and get clarity on which one you plan on upgrading said characters to.

Back