• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 7-B+ upgrade for Sabaody archipelago characters+ (pre-timeskip)

I'll wait for Calaca and Damage to comment. But ultimately there are still things to discuss like do we want new keys for these characters, do we scale oars to asgard in this case etc etc.

Aside from the big issues which we'll need to discuss, looking at the justifications themselves there seems to be some circular scaling going on:

> Sanji (Thriller Bark) Attack Potency: Large Town level, Higher with Diable Jambe (Matched Oars' strike), can negate durability via burn inside opponents with Diable Jambe

> Oars Attack Potency: At Least Large Town level (Matched Sanji's Diable Jambe. Far stronger than Gecko Moria. Could effortlessly one-shot most of the Straw Hats Pirates with his attacks like Zoro and Sanji)

Sanji gets his AP rating from matching Oars, but Oars gets his AP rating from matching Sanji and apparently one-shotting Zoro and Sanji, whose durability ratings are:

> Sanji (Thriller Bark) Durability: Large Town level (Took hits from Oars, remained conscious after getting hit by Kuma's Ursus Shock)

> Zoro (Thriller Bark) Durability: Large Town level (Comparable to his Attacking Power. Takes hits from the likes of Oars. Takes Kuma's Ursus Shock, a massive shockwave that devastates the island sized ship Thriller Bark and remains conscious.)

Yeah these are mostly copy pasted from the old stuff, if you've got some suggestions to what we change it too I'd like to hear it.

Small bump. What do you suggest we change these characters justifications and stats too @Damage.

For Sanji's and Zoro's durability we should remove the bit about them tanking hits from Oars.

For Oars and Sanji's AP, we need to figure out which one should keep the justification. I don't think Oars should keep his since he didn't match the Diamble Jambe; Sanji had to deflect Oars' attack with Diamble Jambe which took considerable effort.

I don't think Batholomew Kuma needs the "likely higher". He hasn't been suggested to be comparable to Sabo.

When was it stated that he is more durable than other Pacifistas?

I don't think it has been stated, I think they have equal stats since they're practically the same besides the fact Kuma can use his paw paw fruit.

As for higher i suppose I can agree, would this also effect Emporio Ivankov as well?

Although I'd appreciate it some others in the thread could voice their opinions on any changes or the current sandbox ratings.

But if that right though? Has it been stated or implied in the series that Luffy's Gear 2 increases his durability?

I also have some questions with base Lucci. While Luffy held his own and contended with Lucci it seemed like he wasn't going all out against him and he even took a G2 Jet Pistol to the face. Luffy also ran out of breath fighting him a few times while Lucci was pretty casual about the whole thing.

I can't remember, but I'll try look as I'm overall unsure.

As for Lucci personally I'd rather keep this just as thriller bark and sabaody.

I'm unsure if Luffy's durability changes with gears, I'd rather that be treated in another thread considering it effects Enies lobby as well.

For now is everything regarding thriller bark fine?

Luffy just has high blunt force resistance due to his rubber body. Gears shouldn't increase his durability, in theory.

I think we need to handle the Gears discussion here, because a large part of this scaling is based on the assumption that Gear 2 increases his durability.

@Eminiteable; that Luffy's durability increases when he using Gear 2 so that his durability is equal to Moriah's punch.

I don't think he should scale to Moriah's punch due to his resistance to blunt damage.

I mean could we get a list of profiles other than luffy who would be effected by that and what rating they would be changed too, including Enies Lobby characters?

Back