• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 7-B Tournament - PaRappa The Rapper vs Cuphead

Speaking seriously, aside from Noodles Can't Be Beat, I don't remember a scenario where Parappa has rapped himself out of a hostile scenario. (Characters in Parappa's universe are more willing to rap along with him, or rather, are the instigators of the musical numbers instead of him to my knowledge) Is there anything from the anime that might help with this?
Isn't the anime non-canon? Abilities from that used to be on his profile but they were removed for being non-canon.

I vote Cuphead because Parappa doesn't fight and won't do anything meaningful in combat. People need to stop using characters like that in tournaments

Isn't the anime non-canon? Abilities from that used to be on his profile but they were removed for being non-canon.
it is! Secondary canon sorta deal essentially added stories that don't contradict the main canons and even add a bit more lore (as much lore you can grab with the funny rapping dog so just more character relationships essentially)
I vote Cuphead because Parappa doesn't fight and won't do anything meaningful in combat. People need to stop using characters like that in tournaments
well! maybe you should start using cooler characters stupid head. poo poo nose :mad:

but yeah! The anime is canon to the games or at the very least can be treated as a secondary canon! in a versus perspective it helps show the capabilities of Parappa more

while I'm here let me expand on some more benefits parappa in this fight! essentially just accelerated development which would help him adapt to the abilities of cuphead! Parappa is already a very agile foe helped more with his flat physiology and body control but dodging obstacles is something he's already done very well before so learning to dodge some more complicated projectiles isn't something completely out of the question what's mentioned is far more complicated but Parappa can just learn how to dodge on the fly especially if the battle goes on for a decent bit!

Missile Scan! Stretchy scan! was there any more you wanted? (I need to take another look at the anime! it's really good!)
The missiles don't seem as effective as Cuphead's shot, especially in the long run, he just leaps over them once and then outspeeds them, getting them to hit a different target. If he's running around like that all the time, it'll also be easier for Cuphead to make distance.

As for the stretch, I mean it's a good option but Cuphead's generally just really hard to hit.

well! maybe you should start using cooler characters stupid head. poo poo nose :mad:

but yeah! The anime is canon to the games or at the very least can be treated as a secondary canon! in a versus perspective it helps show the capabilities of Parappa more

while I'm here let me expand on some more benefits parappa in this fight! essentially just accelerated development which would help him adapt to the abilities of cuphead! Parappa is already a very agile foe helped more with his flat physiology and body control but dodging obstacles is something he's already done very well before so learning to dodge some more complicated projectiles isn't something completely out of the question what's mentioned is far more complicated but Parappa can just learn how to dodge on the fly especially if the battle goes on for a decent bit!
What combat feats does he have in the anime? Preferably offensive ones

Voting Cuphead, he's got plenty more of abilities, is much more experienced and adept to battle than Parappa and has faced such weird opponents, making the dog nothing new to him.

I'll wait a bit more to see if Neko has any counters.

Voting Cuphead, he's got plenty more of abilities, is much more experienced and adept to battle than Parappa and has faced such weird opponents, making the dog nothing new to him.
You’re a poopyhead. You hear that!? YOU’RE A POOPYHEAD

And also ontop of that point Parappa IS something pretty new to Cuphead being an opponent similar to his size and far more agile than anyone Cuphead has face before advanced mobility is not too strange to cuphead but a character His size capable of some extraordinary movement is very much new to him and i don’t think he’ll be able to gun down Parappa before he gets in close

Not really, Parappa himself appears to be substantially a novice in combat, while Cuphead is hardened by adventures, mobs and boss battles.

Parappa's the one who doesn't have to experience against people as savvy as Cuphead, also considering his large ability set.

Can Parappa get close though? Cuphead can fire and run at the same time, dash in the air, jump super high without any loss of momentum, turn invincible for a while if he needs to, smoke bomb through any attacks or Parappa himself if necessary, Whetstone ensures he's not totally hopeless in close quarters, he's evasive as hell and even if PaRappa does land some stray blows he does have Regen to cure some of the damage.

Also I didn't get into it but the Astral Cookie allows Cuphead to summon Miss Chalice in his place which means PaRappa essentially has to beat two Cupheads one after the other.

Can Parappa get close though? Cuphead can fire and run at the same time, dash in the air, jump super high without any loss of momentum, turn invincible for a while if he needs to, smoke bomb through any attacks or Parappa himself if necessary, Whetstone ensures he's not totally hopeless in close quarters, he's evasive as hell and even if PaRappa does land some stray blows he does have Regen to cure some of the damage.
The only thing I can say is Cuphead can get mixed up if he uses his dash mid-air given that he kinda has to stop what he's doing to perform it which is the best chance Parappa has to get in some damage

Regeneration is seemingly noncombat applicable given their only able to do this offscreen and not engaging in combat.

Parappa has more ordinary sets of movement options but more focusing on horizontal movement. Also while going through some parappa footage he can be comedically acrobatic being able to do several parts of his obstacle courses including jumping rope to some insane heights. climbing a massive rock wall to the point you can see an entire military base from the top. so at least we do know Parappa can at least jump higher but also do so in such a way it looks like he's in multiple places at once

I can also note Parappa's turn will is also be hard for Cuphead to hit given Parappa's flat physiology

Also I didn't get into it but the Astral Cookie allows Cuphead to summon Miss Chalice in his place which means PaRappa essentially has to beat two Cupheads one after the other.
uhhhhh uhhhhhhhhh yeah I actually don't really have anything to counter this since I've been debating for my life against ONE cuphead so two? uhhh yeah I'm kinda ****** lol

so this is where the cookie crumbles. Atleast I can say it was fun debating with y'all! I may have lost but I got to talk about the funniest talking dog that's come to gaming :3333 have a good day y'all cheers

Back