• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 6-B for more characters and discussing Madmole

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrettyVixenGirl

She/Her
Alright so Madmole is the only character to get Low 6-B and in durability except for blatantly stronger characters like laxus getting low 6-B in general. I don't think thats exactly accurate. At least if you don't scale other characters.

Madmole represents a hard surface. If I punch something hard, It's going to hurt, it may or may not damage said hard surface. But let's give a real world example. If I casually punch my wall or punch it moderately nothing will probably happen. But if I use more energy, my fist can and did go through said wall. You may think this is irrelevant but it has a point.

Look at Madmole like a brick wall. Something very dense and sturdy. If you hit it, it might hurt and make you think twice about Hitting it again while probably not damaging said brick wall remotely. However, if someone who is actually a puncher and they are determined to damage said brick they probably would. Will it result in a broken hand or wrist? Possibly. But that also depends on the person.

Elfman punches madmole and damages his own hand and goes "whats with this hardness?" Because thats kinda his concept. Casual things from people of his tier probably won't hurt him much unless they truly commit to damaging madmole. If I punch a sturdy wall and go oh that hurts im not doing that again, but if I actually put effort into trying to damage it I would. Look at it like that. It doesn't mean said wall is more durable than the damage I can output which is the assumption with him being low 6-B and them being 6-C.

Madmole, Skullion, Elfman, and Mirajane all did the same amount of damage to each other. Elfman hurting his hand isn't indication his ap is nowhere near Madmole. Especially since he literally did hurt him as fight went on.

Laxus is more durable than Madmole. But he isn't as sturdy as madmole is. Meaning if Elfman punched laxus he's not going to hurt his hand. It probably won't do much is all. Sturdiness isn't something that is looked at in anime because durability is durability but the concept of madmole is quite literally Sturdiness.

Mirajane, Skullion Raider, and Elfman should all scale to his durability. They are 6-C yet are treated as equals to each other and all received the same amount of damage. Neither one of them was confident on who would win madmole included. Madmole absolutely can be hurt by Elfman, mirajane, and Skullion raider, it just requires more effort or consistent effort. In the same way I can damage a hard surface. I simply wouldn't commit to it unless I was mad because its not worth the broken hand or possibly of it.

Basically what it comes down to, I don't think Elfman and mirajane should not scale to his durability. Elfman hurting his hand isn't a good anti feat because it was just a casual punch. Clearly he did more than a casual punch to hurt the guy later on.

So a Low 6-B (Damaged madmole) would be fine and its technically not even unlegit because my boy gray couldn't even hurt Skullion raider going all out and got stomped. So anybody weaker than devil slayer gray or on his level wouldn't scale. Cause he couldn't even hurt Skullion let alone madmole. Meanwhile Elfman and mirajane did and not only that treated as equals with the guy. Kiria should get as well. But Gray, Lucy, and under should not scale. Gray goes all out and gets stomped by Skullion. However post elentear may be a different story. So lucy may be able to actually contend with dragon eaters as well as gray but I really think "can damage madmole" should really be a justification. And natsu and Erza can just get a a comparable rating but gray and lucy should stay 6-C. Star dress mix lucy open to discussion though.

Skullion, mirajane, and Elfman should be low 6-B or High 6-C but 6-C isn't accurate

Last edited:
Just want to start by saying that Gray was in pretty much the same boat as Natsu was against Skullion. The intangibility means none of his hits connected. When the intangibility was disabled, Natsu could hurt Skullion with just a basic punch, And it'd be pretty weird not to consider Gray at all in the scaling when he beat Elfman and Mirajane (though weakened)

About the whole Madmole thing, I don't think it really works like that. Sure the explanation holds for Elfman, but Natsu used a demolition fist which is a pretty serious attack for him and Madmole wasn't fazed. It was only when he used a purely heat based attack that he could do damage, so Madmole may just be very resistant to certain types of damage. Not sure exactly how that would translate to Elfman, but he does have many transformations with special effects so one could have been the reason he could do damage. But none of that is conclusive since we didn't see how he did damage. And I doubt the same attacks but with more effort would be able to get pass the durability as that would mean Elfman could dish out more power than FDKM Natsu which I don't think is the intention. The offscreen nature of these encounters leave a lot of things up to guessing so I hope the anime fleshes these scenes out some more.

We are not scaling Elfman Low 6-B for giving Madmole slight scratches over the course of an entire fight

Elfman is all about raw physical power and his Beast Soul: Werelion broke his literal hand on Madmole

They all gave each other scratches. Its to show they all messed each other up off screen. Even if you don't agree to low 6-B that logic still wouldn't hold unless they were high 6-C which they aren't even listed as that as we seen character in same tier not do damage to other characters

Madmole's AP = Base Natsu's AP

Beast Soul Elfman's AP = Madmole's AP

Base Natsu's AP<<<FDKM Natsu's AP

FDKM Natsu's AP>=<Madmole's Durability

Beast Soul Elfman's AP = Madmole's Durability does not work... He gave him tiny scratches over the entire course of a fight we hardly saw and earlier Beast Soul Elfman broke his hand and reverted to his Base due to hitting Madmole's body, he did literally nothing to him. You also say "Well that was just a punch". BRUH, outside of punches, what does Elfman have in his arsenal? Because his entire moveset is literally punching

Which is why I said low 6-B or High 6-C. 6-C also does not work. You can be the same tier as another character and still not do dmg. Thats 2 tiers under. And he damanged him. And hinted either the Strauss siblings would put them down or vice versa. "Even" in this context is extremely important. Let's stop bringing up natsu and let's look at Elfman and mira plz he seems more wishful thinking than anything

Which is why I said low 6-B or High 6-C. 6-C also does not work. You can be the same tier as another character and still not do dmg. Thats 2 tiers under. And he damanged him. And hinted either the Strauss siblings would put them down or vice versa. "Even" in this context is extremely important. Let's stop bringing up natsu and let's look at Elfman and mira plz he seems more wishful thinking than anything
This is VSBW, you can in fact be 2 tiers below people, otherwise literally everyone would be backscaling to High 6-A

What? I'm saying you can get stomped by people on your tier as well as not damage people on your tier. You also gotta consider the fight didn't actually conclude. So say the series is treating Elfman as being equal to madmole, if Elfman wins does it not scale there either? This just seems really picky honestly. I only brought up high 6-C because it would make the most sense as opposed to 6-C. But isn't that also the point of a fight though? You damage each other over the course of the fight and the loser is either dead or knocked out. Thats what I mean when I say neither was sure who would win meaning the possibility of what I just said isn't in the realms of impossibility if his ap was nowhere near his durability. Yea he hurt his hand but he could still clearly use it. Its no different to when fairy tail members get stomped initially then turns out they can actually beat that person. Mirajane was getting smacked by Skullion and madmole at first then next thing you know turns out they were all equal. Elfman hurting his hand is the typical fairy tail nonsense where it seems villain is too strong but in reality they aren't. Mirajane can't touch Skullion, Elfman can't hurt madmole. Both those things ended up being very wrong which I think was the intention. Thats how fairy tail is.

What? I'm saying you can get stomped by people on your tier as well as not damage people on your tier. You also gotta consider the fight didn't actually conclude. So say the series is treating Elfman as being equal to madmole, if Elfman wins does it not scale there either? This just seems really picky honestly. I only brought up high 6-C because it would make the most sense as opposed to 6-C. But isn't that also the point of a fight though? You damage each other over the course of the fight and the loser is either dead or knocked out. Thats what I mean when I say neither was sure who would win meaning the possibility of what I just said isn't in the realms of impossibility if his ap was nowhere near his durability. Yea he hurt his hand but he could still clearly use it. Its no different to when fairy tail members get stomped initially then turns out they can actually beat that person. Mirajane was getting smacked by Skullion and madmole at first then next thing you know turns out they were all equal. Elfman hurting his hand is the typical fairy tail nonsense where it seems villain is too strong but in reality they aren't
Except Elfman never beat Madmole… They stalemated with both sides doing not that much damage, just minor scratches. We literally have no idea how Elfman or Mira ended up scratching him, but that doesn’t matter as the damage was so minimal, it doesn’t negate Madmole being far above Elfman in terms of Durability. Madmole’s Durability is far above his AP, so that argument falls through. Elfman and Madmole can’t be simultaneously equal in AP and then also have Elfman be equal to Madmole’s Durability… That just breaks the scaling

Also we can’t arbitrarily scale Elfman to High 6-C, that ain’t how VSBW works, we’re already backscaling the Low 6-B rating, we can’t double backscale

It was only a stalemate because they left. So the only natural conclusion is all 4 mages being on the floor knocked out. We do have an idea and its called damage. Elfman is literally just a brute xDD its no simpler than that. What's supposed to negate that hurting his hand? Why does that matter if you can get the job done anyway? You make it seem like all 4 of them were fine which wouldn't be the case if gray is able to beat them at the same time. Them 4 were probably already on the verge ofgetting beat. It left before that could happen I just think it's picky they don't scale to him. Its hinted they all were low on magic power and damaged each other well. Also you bring a lot of statements, im not saying far above this ap far above that, I'm saying Elfman has the ap to dmg madmole and thats that. And since the show treats them as equals it means either can put each other in the dirt. And since Elfman is a puncher It makes no sense not to scale especially since it doesn't get any better than a literal physical feat

If Elfman and Mira were Low 6-B, then Skullion would be way more damaged unless you're telling me Skullion's durability is Low 6-B, which defeats the entire purpose of the Armor Dragon being especially durable.

Kyria cutting through everything also doesn't have a purpose cause she quite literally doesn't. It doesn't defeat the purpose of him being durable. It's saying the dragon eaters are full of it and kiria does in fact not cut anything, Skullion does not turn everything to ash, and madmole can suffer a wound. He literally said he suffers no wound. All of their concepts are exaggerated. He's not way above their ap.

It does, as you would see that it means he's more durable than the others, yet by your logic Skullion has the same durability as him which defeats that entire purpose.

This is just wrong on so many levels.

Why do you just throw statements around so casually? Because Elfman doesn't scale to fdkm?? Do you think Elfman is trash or something? It seems more like you don't wanna accept it because of what it might say. And didn't natsu beat madmole? I could be wrong but didn't natsu just beat him quickly in fdkm? And laxus didn't even one shot kyria. There is really no bad scaling here. If he really is laxus tier in that mode he beat madmole and Skullion off screen, and didn't even one shot kyria

Did yall? All I remember was seeing Elfman hurt his hand therefore doesn't scale to madmole. Mitch said it iirc

……. you get that that panel demonstrates Elfman’s AP not scaling right? The Low 6-B (which is already a tiny tier in the first place) figure for Madmole’s dura is already really close to baseline rn and Elfman is very clearly shown to not hit as hard as Madmole is tough. High 6-C needs an actual figure to scale him to, something we don’t have.

I don't get how one panel shows the entire fight honestly. He didn't damage him there but he did later on? By what punching? Isn't that typical fairy tail it seems like you can't beat your enemy? Mira was getting slapped at first then turns out she was even with Skullion. Elfman couldn't hurt madmole but turns out he could. I really don't get how this isn't typical fairy tail. Just seems really picky to avoid scaling. Then low 6-B simple

The fight happening off-screen also gives us no info on what happened. There's just far more against this scaling than there is for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back