• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord of the Rings Discussion Thread

I've been away from the wiki for a few months and come back to that masterpiece. Awesome job, Tyranno. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.
Cheers! I'm fairly confident it'll work out.

Main thing I'm worried about is defending this wider cosmology thing. A good amount of the tier 1 stuff is a mix of arguing Tolkien's presented worldview alongside LotR at that point.

Even then, it all seems coherent enough to defend without too much problem.

Has anyone tried power scaling The Adventures of Tom Bombadil, The Road Goes Ever On, and Bilbo's Last Song. They are all canon last I checked.

Has anyone tried power scaling The Adventures of Tom Bombadil, The Road Goes Ever On, and Bilbo's Last Song. They are all canon last I checked.
Not particularly, though I remember addressing Tom a few times. He's finicky as originating from a literal older work of Tolkien. The LotR depiction of him is rather hardcapped at somewhat below WotR Sauron tho.

That aside, I should really make a page addressing "canon" for Tolkien in vs battles. I've covered it a few times but in short.

LotR/The Hobbit (published works by JRR)

The Silmarillion (A compilation of notes published as a coherent thing by Christopher. Unlike the above two, this one can be overturned in cases Christopher erred).

Tolkien's notes (More recent = more "canon" as Tolkien's final say. But it must be coherent with presented and published material. No spherical pre Second Age Arda for instance).

Stuff Tolkien approved of (Atlas of Middle-Earth for example).

Listen guys, I may not understand something, but where are the profiles of characters from iconic movies? Where is the main page of movie verse of Lotr? There is no Aragorn profile from movies, there is no Legolas profile from movies. I am surprised that there are no profiles for characters from legendary film series

Listen guys, I may not understand something, but where are the profiles of characters from iconic movies? Where is the main page of movie verse of Lotr? There is no Aragorn profile from movies, there is no Legolas profile from movies. I am surprised that there are no profiles for characters from legendary film series
They're apparently mixed in with the book profile.

While the Tier 1 and 0 stuff is on hold in the queue, I'll probably try working on that Elven abilities and resistances page.

On a low end note, the Hobbits should probably get 9-B with their weapons since they can kill trolls. Higher against Wraiths for Merry, Pippin, and I believe Sam. I think Frodo shakes Mount Doom when he claims the One Ring too.

While the Tier 1 and 0 stuff is on hold in the queue, I'll probably try working on that Elven abilities and resistances page.

On a low end note, the Hobbits should probably get 9-B with their weapons since they can kill trolls. Higher against Wraiths for Merry, Pippin, and I believe Sam. I think Frodo shakes Mount Doom when he claims the One Ring too.
That would also upgrade Sauron, as it is outright stated in one of Tolkien's Letters that he would no diff Frodo even then.

Why isn't Genius Intelligence on Sauron's Profile?

Why isn't Genius Intelligence on Sauron's Profile?
It is actually. Under the captions of “skilled blacksmith, craftsman and strategist”

Tbf, I didn't realise there was an ability page for Genius intelligence. I'll need to add or reword that to a lot of pages next time they're unlocked.

With the new revisions and Boundless scaling for Eru, does his abilities change at all? Does he get stuff like Beyond-Dimensional Existence, Transduality, etc.?

With the new revisions and Boundless scaling for Eru, does his abilities change at all? Does he get stuff like Beyond-Dimensional Existence, Transduality, etc.?
Eru would get what Tier 0's powers mentioned in the omnipotence page. Like Supraessential Existence, Beyond-Dimensional Existence, Creation,etc.

so Sauron makes a big tsunami here so that’s either water manipulation or an additional weather manipulation feat
They descried ships far off, and they seemed to be sailing west at a speed greater than the storm, though there was little wind. Suddenly the sea became unquiet; it rose until it became like a mountain, and it rolled upon the land. The ships were lifted up, and cast far inland, and lay in the fields. Upon that ship which was cast highest and stood dry upon a hill there was a man, or one in man's shape, but greater than any even of the race of Numenor in stature. 'He stood upon the rock (25) and said: "This is done as a sign of power. For I am Sauron the mighty, servant of the Strong" (wherein he spoke darkly). "I have come. Be glad, men of Numenor, for I will take thy king to be my king, and the world shall be given into his hand
here Sauron has some weird aura that apparently screws the Elven peoples.
And it is said that the war with Thu (Sauron) hastened the fading of the Eldar, for he had power beyond their measure, as Felagund King of Nargothrond had found in the earliest days; and they expended their strength and substance in the assault upon him - II THE FALL OF NUMENOR. History of Middle Earth

Apparently aids Pharazon’s fleet in reaching Valinor

Slowly the fleets passed out (...) For at middle night a wind arose in the East (by Zigur's art, it is said), and it wafted them away; and they broke the ban of the Avaloi, and sailed into forbidden seas, going up with war against the Deathless Folk, to wrest from them life everlasting in the circle of the world.

Sauron caused illness and fatigue to the Armies of the Last Alliance:

I was at the council I spoke of, for I was the minstrel and counselor of Gilgalad. The armies of Elves and Men were joined once more, and we marched eastward, and crossed the Misty Mountains, and passed into the inner lands far from the memory of the Sea. And we became weary, and sickness was heavy on us, made by the spells of Sauron

Perception hax seemingly

Thu laughed: 'Patience! Not very long shall ye abide. But first a song I will sing to you, to ears intent.' Then his flaming eyes he on them bent, and darkness black fell round them all. Only they saw as through a pall of eddying smoke those eyes profound in which their senses choked and drowned.

here Sauron has some weird aura that apparently screws the Elven peoples.
Might be some minor reality warping. Alternatively could be some time screwery since the Elven Rings seem to prevent fading with some temporal power.

Overall, some really great stuff to add.

Last edited:
Wait you've seen my videos? Yeah that's me haha. I've been on the site since like 2016ish
Hell yeah I’ve seen your videos! Mainly your Melkor scaling, your Sauron scaling, and also the Ancalagon VS Godzilla video. Oh and I also remember watching Vader VS the Witch-king, Voldemort VS Sauron, and Ancalagon VS Ghidorah.

Never thought I’d see you here though. An unexpected surprise, but not an unwelcome one.

Hell yeah I’ve seen your videos! Mainly your Melkor scaling, your Sauron scaling, and also the Ancalagon VS Godzilla video. Oh and I also remember watching Vader VS the Witch-king, Voldemort VS Sauron, and Ancalagon VS Ghidorah.

Never thought I’d see you here though. An unexpected surprise, but not an unwelcome one.
Oh man, you've seen all the old stuff then haha. I REALLY need to redo some of those (especially Ancalagon vs Godzilla). I'm glad to hear that you liked them!

I'm mainly a lurker on Vs Battles, and the only verses I really make any contributions to are Tolkien and Marvel. It's fun to drop in every now and again and see what's changed. Tyranno has been killing it with LotR in my opinion. It's about time the Tolkienverse got recognized as one of the strongest out there!

Tyranno has been killing it with LotR in my opinion. It's about time the Tolkienverse got recognized as one of the strongest out there!
So real though. When Tyranno cooks, he cooks.

Also, what are your personal thoughts on Murder Drones? I have just as big of an interest in that as LotR. It’s here on VSBW too, though it’s now starting to gain attention on other wikis like CSAP, Omniversal Battlefield, etc.

So real though. When Tyranno cooks, he cooks.

Also, what are your personal thoughts on Murder Drones? I have just as big of an interest in that as LotR. It’s here on VSBW too, though it’s now starting to gain attention on other wikis like CSAP, Omniversal Battlefield, etc.
I've never heard of Murder Drones until just now. What's the hook?

I've never heard of Murder Drones until just now. What's the hook?
It’s basically an indie animation web series made by GLITCH Productions. At first it’s about cute little robots murdering each other, then it becomes a more complex story involving Eldritch horrors, Reality-ending A.I, and more.

Definitely a must-watch. Though I will say: it has its flaws. Mostly in terms of the story, because each episode has a relatively short runtime of 20+ minutes, so stuff tends to be crammed in and rushed, while other details are completely left out.

Back