• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord of the Rings Discussion Thread

I've been away from the wiki for a few months and come back to that masterpiece. Awesome job, Tyranno. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.
Cheers! I'm fairly confident it'll work out.

Main thing I'm worried about is defending this wider cosmology thing. A good amount of the tier 1 stuff is a mix of arguing Tolkien's presented worldview alongside LotR at that point.

Even then, it all seems coherent enough to defend without too much problem.

Has anyone tried power scaling The Adventures of Tom Bombadil, The Road Goes Ever On, and Bilbo's Last Song. They are all canon last I checked.

Has anyone tried power scaling The Adventures of Tom Bombadil, The Road Goes Ever On, and Bilbo's Last Song. They are all canon last I checked.
Not particularly, though I remember addressing Tom a few times. He's finicky as originating from a literal older work of Tolkien. The LotR depiction of him is rather hardcapped at somewhat below WotR Sauron tho.

That aside, I should really make a page addressing "canon" for Tolkien in vs battles. I've covered it a few times but in short.

LotR/The Hobbit (published works by JRR)

The Silmarillion (A compilation of notes published as a coherent thing by Christopher. Unlike the above two, this one can be overturned in cases Christopher erred).

Tolkien's notes (More recent = more "canon" as Tolkien's final say. But it must be coherent with presented and published material. No spherical pre Second Age Arda for instance).

Stuff Tolkien approved of (Atlas of Middle-Earth for example).

Listen guys, I may not understand something, but where are the profiles of characters from iconic movies? Where is the main page of movie verse of Lotr? There is no Aragorn profile from movies, there is no Legolas profile from movies. I am surprised that there are no profiles for characters from legendary film series

Listen guys, I may not understand something, but where are the profiles of characters from iconic movies? Where is the main page of movie verse of Lotr? There is no Aragorn profile from movies, there is no Legolas profile from movies. I am surprised that there are no profiles for characters from legendary film series
They're apparently mixed in with the book profile.

While the Tier 1 and 0 stuff is on hold in the queue, I'll probably try working on that Elven abilities and resistances page.

On a low end note, the Hobbits should probably get 9-B with their weapons since they can kill trolls. Higher against Wraiths for Merry, Pippin, and I believe Sam. I think Frodo shakes Mount Doom when he claims the One Ring too.

While the Tier 1 and 0 stuff is on hold in the queue, I'll probably try working on that Elven abilities and resistances page.

On a low end note, the Hobbits should probably get 9-B with their weapons since they can kill trolls. Higher against Wraiths for Merry, Pippin, and I believe Sam. I think Frodo shakes Mount Doom when he claims the One Ring too.
That would also upgrade Sauron, as it is outright stated in one of Tolkien's Letters that he would no diff Frodo even then.

Why isn't Genius Intelligence on Sauron's Profile?

Why isn't Genius Intelligence on Sauron's Profile?
It is actually. Under the captions of “skilled blacksmith, craftsman and strategist”

Tbf, I didn't realise there was an ability page for Genius intelligence. I'll need to add or reword that to a lot of pages next time they're unlocked.

Back