• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord of the Rings Discussion Thread

It’s basically an indie animation web series made by GLITCH Productions. At first it’s about cute little robots murdering each other, then it becomes a more complex story involving Eldritch horrors, Reality-ending A.I, and more.

Definitely a must-watch. Though I will say: it has its flaws. Mostly in terms of the story, because each episode has a relatively short runtime of 20+ minutes, so stuff tends to be crammed in and rushed, while other details are completely left out.
That sounds awesome!

Was looking at Sauron's profile and just noticed that while he has thousands of km as his range for weather manipulation, nothing about it is listed on his profile 😭 There are like a good amount of abilities missing for different characters too that somehow get referenced on their profiles.

Was looking at Sauron's profile and just noticed that while he has thousands of km as his range for weather manipulation, nothing about it is listed on his profile 😭 There are like a good amount of abilities missing for different characters too that somehow get referenced on their profiles.
Most profiles are outdated AF. Aaragon, Boromir, Gimli, Frodo, and Sam don't have a movie profile. Legolas doesn't have a movie profile, but he does have a Lego profile for some reason. The Ents, Wolves, Vampires, or most of LOTR's bestiary don't have them. Someone needs to do a massive rework of the verse.

Most profiles are outdated AF. Aaragon, Boromir, Gimli, Frodo, and Sam don't have a movie profile. Legolas doesn't have a movie profile, but he does have a Lego profile for some reason. The Ents, Wolves, Vampires, or most of LOTR's bestiary don't have them. Someone needs to do a massive rework of the verse.
Lmao Legolas only having a Lego profile is hilarious for some reason. I imagine after the 1-A through 0 revisions all of the abilities can be hammered out. The formatting and images on a majority of the profiles could be much better as well. The major problem is that unfortunately, it seems like only the people on this thread engage with LoTR, so it would probably take a while to get everything worked out.

Edit: Also the "unimpressive hax" part of the verse page needs to get negged because it offends me ;-;

Lmao Legolas only having a Lego profile is hilarious for some reason. I imagine after the 1-A through 0 revisions all of the abilities can be hammered out. The formatting and images on a majority of the profiles could be much better as well. The major problem is that unfortunately, it seems like only the people on this thread engage with LoTR, so it would probably take a while to get everything worked out.

Edit: Also the "unimpressive hax" part of the verse page needs to get negged because it offends me ;-;
We got statements that should put cosmic souls Morgoth above concepts and limited BDE. Unimpressive hax my a**

We got statements that should put cosmic souls Morgoth above concepts and limited BDE. Unimpressive hax my a**
Talk about outdated. At this point, LotR is arguably one of the strongest verses in all of fiction, alongside The Elder Scrolls, Marvel Comics, Cthulu Mythos, etc. And hot take incoming, LotR is a stronger verse than SCP. I have no regrets in saying that.

Ah damn Vividen is back
Might be some minor reality warping. Alternatively could be some time screwery since the Elven Rings seem to prevent fading with some temporal power.
I’d more call it some Kind of curse Manipulation, maybe even something like the Black Breath but on a larger scale

Ah damn Vividen is back

I’d more call it some Kind of curse Manipulation, maybe even something like the Black Breath but on a larger scale
Could definetly be that instead.
I'll be making some LotR scaling videos on my YouTube channel to help people realize how strong the verse is, but that might be a while out. I have some older LotR vids on my main channel but I've switched to a paleontology focus there
Hey, paleontology's pretty great as well. Used to be my dream as a kid.

Tier 0 changes will mean even the tier 3 Ainur are literally unkillable due to Eru's Únats.

I have some other stuff "cooking", but that's not till after the Elven page is done.

Back