• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord Hater Speed Downgrade

What Brickhead was stated by one of the writers on the WoY team....just to let people know this here.

@Xcano: I have the episode that i'm watching on *********** but i have no memory as to where Dominators feat happened at.

What he said. That and it can be found on Dominators page here too.

@Darkanine: For which one? Like this?

Those lasers are not only bending after being deflected but are also affected by gravity (as shown by their arc) and coming out in bursts rather than continuous straight lines. It's not gonna count :\

Although you may be able to use it to scale her to supersonic reactions since I don't see much of a reason for a future laser to be slower than a bullet. Plus IIRC Wander was moving FTE to dodge attacks in one episode, so that could be more justification for the supersonic thing.

But wait can't Lord Hater keep up with Wander who has some great speed feats? Also mah Durability feat can also be a speed feat for Wander

Artistic license to show the character in the wode shot. Compare to how small the skullship is in that clip yet when they are inside all of them can fit many times over.

Same for a lot of other scenes. Heck you actually see Sylvya chilling out atop a few mountains while Hater chases Wander.... mountains which look much smaller in the show.

Also remember how we are in a series where character cross planets with drones ('The Bot'), Wander keeps up with a Lady running around planets ('The Tourist') and with another episode Sylvya outright runs to another galaxy almost instantly

Okay nvrmind, i'll just stay neutral until we get a solid.....vote on something here instead. :/

Then use the feats in the last paragraph to justify the stats, not the one we're currently using

Well, going by what is written here, the feat in question seems extremely unreliable. So, do we have some other feat to scale by, or should we place the related characters at "Unknown" speed?

´┐╝ Speed: - Can dodge lord Hater's lightening - Can also dodge lasers - Can speed through dangerous obstacles/death traps - Can defy the laws of physics and walk up/run up walls - Can comically appear to be in two places at the same time - Can move faster than the eye could keep up with - Can quickly replace items people are holding with gifts instead

Well, we preferably need some sort of calculation for it.

Darn if it were later in the day I could get my pal to do that since he's really good at calculating speed feats.

Brickhead2550 said:
Darn if it were later in the day I could get my pal to do that since he's really good at calculating speed feats.
If he can do it, that'd be great. Just hoping it's good enough that even the calc group thinks its fine.

Alright then I'll have to get back to you guys late tomorrow. Until then it should probably be unknown for his Speed.

But before all of that here's something that the original guy who made them this speed said that could also help out a lot

3) WANDER'S STATS AND SPEED

I think Wander and Sylvia are, speed wise, FTL. Besides the fact we constantly see them travel around a whole galaxy in what was 'a season', as Wander called it in 'The Gift' (might have been a joke) or, as Hater says, all the events of the first season happen in a year and a half (still possibly a joke but still here https://youtu.be/Uk5jeswYeEM?t=33 ) would still put him at high FTL/FTL+ feats. Not only that, but in the Greater Hater, we see that both Wander and Hater are able to circles around a planet

https://youtu.be/jDzK6ERX7tY?t=88

Wouldn't that put Wander (And Also Hater for Keeping up) at casual sub relativistic level?

Wander also intercepted and pushed away the missile intended to destroy a sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ad3zQn-jy0

(also, I wonder how much DC we can get from that)

I know the size of the celestial bodies seem small, but most of the times, from what I saw, it seems just for purpose to show the characters and others (compare how Hater and Wander are suddenly bigger than the mountains in the Greater Hater Clip) ...

Well wouldn't they be bigger than the mountains since the planet is small? Really the only scene where the planet looks normal sized is the shot from Sylvia's frame, but in that scene they aren't circling the planet in a second or two like they were in previous shots.

However the lightning dodge is very good. That should be at least hypersonic.

Has anybody adjusted the Wander Over Yonder speed levels to "Unknown" until we find something else to scale the characters by?

Antvasima said:
Has anybody adjusted the Wander Over Yonder speed levels to "Unknown" until we find something else to scale the characters by?
Nope, not yet it seems.

I'll go do that right now.

Back