• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord Hater Speed Downgrade

I believe Lord Hater's speed should be downgraded by a lot and here's why.

Lord Hater is listed as Sub-Relativistic because he and Wander once circled around a planet in "The Greater Hater"

My problem with this is that the planet they were running on was extremly small and pretty much anyone could run across it quickly

That's really my only reason to downgrade his speed but I think it holds a lot of ground

I think that this seems to make sense.

Sorry for the lateness, but there was a thread about this that Xantospoc explained about the reason for the WoY characters at Sub-Relativistic. Here.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Sorry for the lateness, but there was a thread about this that Xantospoc explained about the reason for the WoY characters at Sub-Relativistic. Here.

Unless I'm missing something, the only talk of a SubRel feat in that thread is the same one OP mentioned. Maybe theirs some context or artistic liberties im missing but that planetoid is really, really tiny.

Reading through that thread, I noticed that Wander reacting to that Sun-busting missle might yield some decent speed, though.

Well Craig McCracken and his team are kind of known for doing that. Thing is this could perhaps be some form of inconsistantsy or that Craig and the WoY just do this so it's easier to see them while they're running around the planet. *shrugs*

There's a thread link i posted above that talked about it and Azathoth and Everlasting thought it was reasonable.

CrossverseCrisis said:
There's a thread link i posted above that talked about it and Azathoth and Everlasting thought it was reasonable.
Hmm the planet is definitely tiny, it's smaller than king Kai's planet in fact. Also the sun travel feat...the sun actually looks pretty small to me. However disregarding toonforce and horrible scaling, the sun feat could be lightspeed. But the planet one isn't even subsonic unless the timeframe was like nanosecond (not real time)

I can try to bring over Xantospoc about this.

For the planet one, i could ask Craig himself on Tumblr about this. Or maybe anyone from his team on Tumblr as well. Wouldn't that help with this?

CrossverseCrisis said:
For the planet one, i could ask Craig himself on Tumblr about this. Or maybe anyone from his team on Tumblr as well. Wouldn't that help with this?
I don't think so, it's as small as a meteor fragment basically. It can't be subrelativistic in any way unless the timeframe is stated to be nanosecond or so

CrossverseCrisis said:
So i can't ask the creator himself about this issue then? Okay fine then.
Oh don't mind man I didn't mean it to put it that way, what I meant that even if the creator says the planet is regular sized it won't make sense lol

But if you wanna ask go ahead, no prob :D

You could give it a shot, @Cross. At the very least it could give us a idea of the size of the planet.

Faisal Shourov said:
Doing what?
Weird perspectives, making stuff look bigger/smaller than they really are. I defiantly noticed that from what Ive watched from the show at least.

CrossverseCrisis said:
About drawing the planets big only to zoom out and make them "small"?
...I have nothing to say... :|

Ok you can ask the creator then, I thought the planets were genuinely small. If it's some zooming perspective issue then it's fine

Good thing our calc team won't have to angsize or pixel scale it, it would be nightmare

I'm getting around to watch Wander, I love Craigs stuff. But Ive only seen one complete episode thus far.

Cause seriously, what Darkanine said is literally what cartoon creators like Craig himself does.

It would've been pretty easy to show them running around a planet even if scaled properly. All they would've needed to do is show a streak of light/cloud of dust a la Christopher Reeve/Speedy Gonzales.

What we see is a consistently tiny planet. Heck it's probably supposed to be tiny, just to show how Hater has really fallen since Dominator showed up. I mean, what's funnier. Bowser conquering a small uninhabited acre wide area and hyping it up as the best thing since sliced bread meanwhile his rival is conquering continents, or Bowser conquering continents while his rival is conquering continents?

Unrelated but FYI Faisal the timeframe would be a microsecond for sub-rel, nanosecond would be FTL

Even as a non-member I just don't see much evidence the planet is, uh, planet sized. We see planet sized planets in the series, so IMO this is just a particularly small one. Now if every planet was portrayed as this small or if the only scaling we had were the ships then that would be a different story.

On second thought, from a narrative standpoint I think Xcano is correct. Maybe someone could calc the missile feat to get some speed from that?

Wouldn't that only scale to Wander himself though? Or can it be scalable to others like Dominator herself as well?

Wait but Lord Hater has still never ran around an actual sized planet making his speed feat less impresive therefore downgrading his speed

CrossverseCrisis said:
Wouldn't that only scale to Wander himself though? Or can it be scalable to others like Dominator herself as well?

Again, I haven't got a chance to watch the series so I wouldn't know. I thought Hater and Wonder where fairly evenly matched in speed though?

Darkanine said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
Again, I haven't got a chance to watch the series so I wouldn't know. I thought Hater and Wonder where fairly evenly matched in speed though?
They're supposed to cause Hater has been shown to be able to keep up with Wander's speed. He doesn't catch him but he's fast enough to at least keep pace of his speed.

IMO Hater would scale to Wander but only slightly. Like how if a character could slightly move in the time it takes an MFTL+ character to punch they'd be relativistic at least. So maybe his stats would be his direct speed feats followed by "likely higher (can slightly keep up with Wander)"?

Yeah that works too.

Btw i'm surprised no one noticed this, but does anyone think that the scaling of Dominator and Hater being = in power and being stronger than a guy who can destroy planets with his telekinesis make sense or what?

I thought there was some WoG that said it'd take Hater and Major to beat Dominator, not that they're equal

Back