• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Looney Tunes CRT: Merrily We Go Along

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
Finally, it's time.

After a lot of grueling hours of watching mindless cartoons, we have finally arrived to tackle the long-awaited, slow-progressed Verse-Specific Power of Toon Physiology. With Tiny Toons providing specific backing and lore of what is a toon, what can't kill a toon, what cosmic force guides these toons and their zany behavior, I think it would warrant it's own special power. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the page.

Agree: Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara, Spectral6920, Ped2018, Tonygameman, Pyschomaster25, Knifeman29, ShionAH, Rau, Flowerguy2, Phoenks, GoCommitDi, TheGuy, DarkDragonMedeus, Andytrenom (if conditions are met) (14)
Disagree:
Neutral: Armorchompy (1)

Last edited:
Might be considered controversial since it's a new verse and there's just... a lot of abilities on that sheet.

Bro this is gonna make DMC physiologies look small in comparison. If only this had conceptual stuff LT would become the most op stuff there is

Why do we assume the explanation from Tiny Toons just apply over to all Looney Tunes shows what
Also why do some of the low and mid toon feats linked use Bugs, Daffy and Animaniacts like in no way would they be like the toons in Tiny Toons that need to go to school

Why do we assume the explanation from Tiny Toons just apply over to all Looney Tunes shows what
This was covered in this thread.
Also why do some of the low and mid toon feats linked use Bugs, Daffy and Animaniacts like in no way would they be like the toons in Tiny Toons that need to go to school
Supporting evidence for what the Low Tiers have already shown to be capable of. Also Daffy is a Mid Tier, but he's been shown to vary across some mediums.

Last edited:
Why are you assuming every "Toon" can do anything any other one can, provided they're in the same "tiers"? It's fine to assume that the "The Physics of Toons" stuff is universal but otherwise pretending everything is shared strikes me as extremely weird. Is the Mid/High tier split even something that is actually spelled out in canon? It seems like a really weird conclusion to draw.

Why are you assuming every "Toon" can do anything any other one can, provided they're in the same "tiers"? It's fine to assume that the "The Physics of Toons" stuff is universal but otherwise pretending everything is shared strikes me as extremely weird. Is the Mid/High tier split even something that is actually spelled out in canon? It seems like a really weird conclusion to draw.
Because of the various evidence presented of it not being a one and done thing and multiple toons able to do the same things. The "Physics of Toons" episode, as well as many teaching segments in Tiny Toon Adventures, demonstrate these abilities as something that are either inherent or can be learned. Things like their Regen, defying of gravity, body control/shapeshifting, and manipulation of reality, etc are things that can be controlled simply by their emotions, sometimes on accident. If a good number of toons across multiple mediums are capable of showcasing similar feats, I believe that it would be sufficient enough to bring in.

However, I am willing to concede on a compromise. Whatever abilities look as if they would be considered outliers for a Low Tier toon of a Mid Tier toon, an "Enhanced" variation of this would be placed in their higher counterpart. Ex: Enhanced Life Manip for Bugs's example of turning a bullet to life.

Because of the various evidence presented of it not being a one and done thing and multiple toons able to do the same things. The "Physics of Toons" episode, as well as many teaching segments in Tiny Toon Adventures, demonstrate these abilities as something that are either inherent or can be learned.
If they're learned then not everyone has them by default, right?

If they're learned then not everyone has them by default. That's kinda necessary.
It's more so the teaching is an extension of what they know. For example, your body automatically knows how to make noises, but you have to be taught how to speak. This is also taking into an account the examples of characters using examples like "I can do (x) because I'm a cartoon". There's also the fact that in the first episode where Babs and Buster were just conceived into existence seconds ago and they already knew how to pull off stuff like this.

Hmm. I think that's kinda fair but even then, just because it's something that's easily learned (dunno if this applies to everything if they do have to train to be big stars or whatever) or potentially universal (which, fair enough, seems like that might be the case for at least several), that doesn't mean every single character will think of doing the same things, so even though they might be able of developing all of these abilities some would just never think of it.

Hmm. I think that's kinda fair but even then, just because it's something that's easily learned (dunno if this applies to everything if they do have to train to be big stars or whatever) or potentially universal (which, fair enough, seems like that might be the case for at least several), that doesn't mean every single character will think of doing the same things, so even though they might be able of developing all of these abilities some would just never think of it.
This is true. That's why my approach to this was, if Low Tier powers are consistent enough across characters who are still in school and aren't a shown lesson that needs to be learned, then I can put it in this category. Toons can often just pull off abilities on the fly that adhere to what they need to do to avoid a situation in a creative way. So, example, if Buster was just born and he was being chased by Elmer Fudd, he could hypothetically pull out any number of these tricks if he's just creative enough. Although I see where you're coming from and it could be iffy at times. People like Dizzy Devil and Plucky Duck aren't the smartest tools in the shed, so for the purpose of versus threads, it needs to be noted in the blog that if characters wouldn't use this in-character, then it's no-good and can't be argued for.

This is true. That's why my approach to this was, if Low Tier powers are consistent enough across characters who are still in school and aren't a shown lesson that needs to be learned, then I can put it in this category.
I can maybe see it for the ones that are explicitly taught but for the ones they just have, I dunno. A 6 year old girl can do a cartwheel, many adults can't, y'know?
Toons can often just pull off abilities on the fly that adhere to what they need to do to avoid a situation in a creative way. So, example, if Buster was just born and he was being chased by Elmer Fudd, he could hypothetically pull out any number of these tricks if he's just creative enough. Although I see where you're coming from and it could be iffy at times. People like Dizzy Devil and Plucky Duck aren't the smartest tools in the shed, so for the purpose of versus threads, it needs to be noted in the blog that if characters wouldn't use this in-character, then it's no-good and can't be argued for.
I think it'd be better to just stick to the ones shown and note in some way that they're sort of able to do whatever as long as they think of it, maybe under Reality Warping or something.

Sorry, had to do the day's work. Alrighty, let's get back into it.
I can maybe see it for the ones that are explicitly taught but for the ones they just have, I dunno. A 6 year old girl can do a cartwheel, many adults can't, y'know?
I suppose so, but more often than not as seen with the students, it doesn't look like much of an outlier, which is why I leaned towards the stance I have. That, and from what I've seen, most adult toons are capable of doing this stuff too, making sure that I used supporting feats for both sides just to keep it consistent. But whatever Low Tiers can't do or explicitly have to learn like Flashbacks and Advanced Wild Takes, or just something they've never demonstrated, that's when I bump it up to Mid Tier.
I think it'd be better to just stick to the ones shown and note in some way that they're sort of able to do whatever as long as they think of it, maybe under Reality Warping or something.
That can work, I think. Nothing that they can pull off these tricks by thinking they can and listing the rest as possible uses for this. I do think the Reality Warping section is a bit lacking as well.

That can work, I think. Noting that they can pull off these tricks by thinking they can and listing the rest as possible uses for this. I do think the Reality Warping section is a bit lacking as well.
That's ok by me, yeah.

Back