• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link vs Saitama (Rematch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Since the first one was removed due to people stating small star Link, which isn't true anymore, not that the SS Link was being used anyway. But I digress. Who wins? Speed equalized like last match.
New Link
Saitama render
Hero for Fu

In my head i imagine Saitama would listen to Link speak about his background to which he would reply "okay" and then proceed to disintegrate Link with one hit, however 1. I don't know much about Link's lore and B. Most of Saitama is theoretical but I'm going to vote for Saitama none the less due to basically being a God but not actually proving it yet.

Gregclark44 said:
Saitama isn't a God nor has he shown to be limitless especially since he can't breathe in space.
I didn't actually say he is a God, i said he's basically a God, not literally.

Then I'm not sure how "The hero for fun" can beat The hero of Hyrule, links dozens of weapons and there powers which saitama my has no protection against should be enough to put saitama down for good

Haxless planet level vs full hax planet level, yeah, you can predict the outcome. I vote for link because of hax.

Saitama still has to deal with Link's hax. I'm going Link because his hax is quite a bit for Saitama to swallow. Plus, i'm not sure how Saitama is supposed to deal with the Triforce if summoned.

One thing that should be noted? We don't even know what a serious/full-strength Saitama looks like, as it doesn't even really exist. I can really only assume that Saitama is looking for a hero that can give him a good fight or something like that.

Anyways, going purely by what we have right now, Link should be able to take this. Saitama's main advantages really are just that he's maneuverable and can fly: Link, meanwhile, has versatility out the wazoo for both attack and defense, can heal himself, possesses actual weapons, can just come back to life if killed, and on top of all of that is a veritable genius, one who's made a career out of taking down flying/more maneuverable opponents with his wits.

Not only has Saitama found a guy that can survive more than one of his punches, he's found a guy that can draw his blood. Link gets a victory. I wonder if he'd be welcome to the Hero Association...?

My vote for Saitama. Reason being is, he tanked Boros without any issues.

Besides, we've seen Link in his prime, but we haven't seen Saitama pushed to the limit. I know that's a bit convoluted, so let's move on, shall we?

On another note, we haven't seen Saitama get injured by planet-busting attacks (Garou and Boros. Haven't looked too much into the webcomic/manga but Boros is a planetbuster, and WoG says that Garou is the same), so that should maybe get changed.

Also something to point out, Link had to use one of the billion hax abilities to beat most of the bosses in the games, while Saitama just goes casually 'bout Dragon (+?) level threats.

Link is affected by mana pools, so he can't keep throwing fireballs like the clinic next door to the nursing school throws out morning after pills.

Saitama didn't get tired once in his fights so his stamina goes far.

This is all nice and dandy but the issue here is we haven't seen how far either one of them can go. While Zelda keeps throwing more gold and blessings on Link 'till his peepee shines like the face of god and his feet don't touch the ground, just to make him a bit more heroic than before, Saitama just hasn't shown his upper limit - at all.

So while all the reasons I said may or may not be correct, I think comparing anyone to Saitama is just a no until we see the end of OPM or at least until Saitama exerts himself for once, properly.

I don't really see the point in this match up. Saitama has shown to be pretty much imuine to swords before. "speed of sound sonic" for example. even smashing it with his bare hands. you could say link's sword would not break but he would not have any where near enough streanth or speed to do any thing to saitama. to put it simply. link is not in the same leauge as saitama.

This fight would be over in a few simples steps. Hyrulian shield blocks attack(becuase it is indestructable). saitama gets around it. one punch. done.

My vote is for Link, more hax and versatility than Saitama can counter, also @Typhlosion When is it ever stated in the anime that he is immune to bladed weaponry and they are infact in the same league, 5-B.

Link is the same tier.

Sonic's sword =/= The Master Sword, which is much, MUCH stronger than Sonic's.

Saitama breaking a comparatively weak sword means nothing.

Typhlosion130 said:
I don't really see the point in this match up. Saitama has shown to be pretty much imuine to swords before.
No he hasn't. The swords in OPM are just to weak to harm him. Saitama does not have a specific power that makes him immune to bladed weapons. He just has high durability

If Trunks' Sword, Sword of Superman, Shining Trapezohedro or many other swords from verses that aren't OPM hit Saitama, he'd be utterly annihilated.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Prom and Penguin.

Ryukama said:
Typhlosion130 said:
I don't really see the point in this match up. Saitama has shown to be pretty much imuine to swords before.
No he hasn't. The swords in OPM are just to weak to harm him. Saitama does not have a specific power that makes him immune to bladed weapons. He just has high durability
If Trunks' Sword, Sword of Superman, Shining Trapezohedro or many other swords from verses that aren't OPM hit Saitama, he'd be utterly annihilated.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Prom and Penguin.
Well put simply. the swords he has come in contact with hasn't done much. and attacks that we can at minimum assume are almost planet busting level still haven't even scratched the guy. to say the master sword weilded by. hoestly just a normal person with the tri force if courage. not power. no special powers just a sword with some basic mystical properties could even damage him would be blatnatly blind to his feats.

Penguinkingpin said:
My vote is for Link, more hax and versatility than Saitama can counter, also @Typhlosion When is it ever stated in the anime that he is immune to bladed weaponry and they are infact in the same league, 5-B.
At the moment saitamas power is not properly measured. we have never seen the top limit of it. however. the master sword alone weilded by link simply would not have enough power to hurt saitama. even if you combined some of his other items it wouldn't be. Saitama has taken blows (that are at minimum because its hard to precicly gauage) capable of destroying at least a few continents possibly planet but the way OPM is written and shown its hard to tell. Link really just doesn't stand a chance. I mean remember how much power saitama has when it comes to putting out and taking damage plus how much speed he has and his fast reflexes. link doesn't have all those privilages. some of them with some equpment but not all. and not to saitma's level.

And any thing beyond his level we can only make assumptions. but even in his current level. link simply does not have any thing that can even damage saitama. even if speed is equalized. the strongest weapons in links arsonel if they hit him. are no where near the level of power that saitama has shown to endure with out even so much as a tiny cut or bruise.

KillitwithC4 said:
Well hax can bypass durability. So that's something
remind me. which form or link are we talking about again? i've been just going against link in general. as there are a ton of different links through out his series.

Well taking a look at that profile. not only is it kinda wrong in certian aspects but it still doesnt' give reason as to why link should win this. he managed to beat Demise but no one of his attacks in his battle were any thing above city devestating at best. which is far FAR below what saitama has easily taken with out a care in the world.

Plus his durability. its kinda off as well. his durability mostly relies on his equpment. he can take quite a beating but he has never taken a true hard hit with out his shield or some other means of protection helping him. given siteama gets past his shield. he would easily be able to put him down.

however if speed eqalized also pertains to reaction time and such. (which honestly saitama has much better reaction time than link. given his reaction to speed of sound sonic). then we could consider this battle a draw. saitama can't get past links decenvice equpment. but link can't hurt saitama.

the major problem with this battle is we simply do not have conclusive evidence on saitamas power. just a bottom bar of what he has achived with out even coming close to making him put effort into which we are comparing here. makes this a hard to decide match up.

^I get what you're trying to explain, but make sure you don't go around and say he wins due to how he's written ok? You'll end up getting blocked by doing that.

KillitwithC4 said:
^I get what you're trying to explain, but make sure you don't go around and say he wins due to how he's written ok? You'll end up getting blocked by doing that.
Which I'm not. I'm just simply stating. that link really doesn't have a way to hurt saitama given his feats. and its not neccarily the same vice versa. as link's defence relies on his equpment which saitama could get around one way or another.

Zeldasmash said:
I don't think Saitama can do anything about the Magic Cape; it makes Link invisible and intangible.
Yea while link has it. but it only lasts for so long. and correct me if I'm wrong. he can't attack while in this state. it would be more of a temporary escape option than a true thing saitama would have to deal with.

However in the end. due to the fact that speed is equalized in this match. neither would win. link has nothing that saitama can't take. (as he has taken planet busting attacks before) and saitama wouldnt' be fast enough to get past links defence optoins like his Hyrulian sheild (which is indestructable) and his other types of magic. which we don't know the limits to so lets assume theyr'e another temporary escape.

Well no actually let me rephrase that. Saitama would win in these conditions ONLY under the fact. that he would have much more stamina to keep fighting as apposed to link. we have seen neither character get tired in fights but link is still basically human aside his equpment. So in the end saitama would win purely on stamina given the situation.

I still don't see how Saitama can beat someone who can slow down, straight up freeze or go back in time. While he can't attack with the Magic Cape, he can still move around or do gestures, so placing the Phantom Hourglass, using the Ocarina or summoning the Triforce should still be possible.

It would take too much time for him to use his ocorina to warp time like that. And with summoning hte tri force well thats that. I mean if he gets the chance sure. but in a battle like this its likly he is not going to be given the chance to use such equpment. and even then I'm not sure what that would change. none of his attacks can hurt saitama. and with speed equalized saitama isn't fast enough to get past a block with the shield. no matter how long the battle prolonged due to things like links ocarina saitama would still win out with stamina. and to top it off. most of links stronger tools are either full all 3 tri force based (which requires a lot of setup to get) magic based. or involve a bit of free time on hand which I can garuntee saitama won't give.

i'm trying to give you the benifit of the doubt here. by just holding back on what saitam could actually do. but this fight is really one sided. link isn't going to have all 3 tri force on hand in a random fight. he has been dissarmed in the past by gannon. why can't saitama just grab his sword when he swings and pull it off him.same with shield. and in what context has link ever been able to use time warping abilities in the middle of a fight with some one able to move this fast?

Link is a strong character but saitama is on a different level than him.

While they are right that Saitama hasn't shown 100 precent Saitama has let Boros use his planet busting roaring canon so I can see him letting link use his haxes

Huesito88 said:
While they are right that Saitama hasn't shown 100 precent Saitama has let Boros use his planet busting roaring canon so I can see him letting link use his haxes
You mind telling me what the haxes is exactly? i've tried giving it a look around find out what it is but I can find no information about it.

I'd have to say that Link would take this via superior arsenal, skill and versatility. He has bombs, arrows, swords, minor hax, and more. Saitama.... punches really hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back