• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link Start! The Sword Art Online Discussion Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also random cool fact: The Japanese voice actors for Kirito, Alice, and Eugeo are childhood friends, just like those 3 characters were. It actually kinda fits, lol. The voice actors for Kirito and Alice especially have been working together in tons of different anime.

Xmark12 said:
Also random cool fact: The Japanese voice actors for Kirito, Alice, and Eugeo are childhood friends, just like those 3 characters were. It actually kinda fits, lol.
The voice actors for Kirito and Alice especially have been working together in tons of different anime.
Hm... Interesting, that legit surprised me.

Episode 3 just dropped. Next episode will probably have the Spinning Shield feat... maybe.

The feeling when even SAO is able to fill an entire book meanwhile you're struggling to think of how to make your story last more then like 5 chapters

Alright, question:

There's a system called a pain absorber in every single game in the SAO universe (except for Alicization, but that's not really a game anyways), which lessens pain for the players playing the games. That means players can be stabbed, cut, chopped, etc. without feeling much pain (except for that one time where Kirito's pain absorber was removed and he was stabbed through the gut, but still got up anyways because Jesus-kun. It's on his profile in the stamina section).

My question is whether we should add that all players don't feel that much pain when in a game (except for Alicization). I mean, it's a pretty essential part to them, just like how sword skills are, but I want confirmation before adding it.

Sure, seems like reasonable Pain Manipulation resistance.

(Just lurking don't mind me)

I was playing one of the SAO video games and found some good hax to add to his profile. But can we use things from the video game series of SAO or only the anime and light novel?

The sao video game series has 6 or 7 games. Its basically a Au of what happened if they actually made it to the 100th floor, also some new characters are introduced. It goes from Sao to Ggo.

If we can use feats from the games it might make kirito stronger and more haxier or something. I'm pretty sure kirito can use holy manipulation and put the element in his sword or something.
Screenshot 2018-10-23-18-22-10

Yeah me either, unless they're all connected to each other, it just sounds like your usual noncanon video games.

The video game versions would have to be put in separate pages.

Anyways, the pain resistance is a'okay to be added?

So we didn't get any good feats this episode. I was wrong about this ep being the 8-C feat, sooooo...

But hey, we got Kirito killing goblins and actually feeling fear and pain?!?! Woah, he has a character!

Xmark12 said:
But hey, we got Kirito killing goblins and actually feeling fear and pain?!?! Woah, he has a character!
You seem to have mixed up "having a character" with "having the biological functions of a human being".

^ What they said.

It's funny because in the Alfheim arc, when Kirito got stabbed and his pain absorber was removed, he seemed to just shrug it off anyways because Jesus-kun, and throughout the series he never really felt fear, or at least it wasn't clear enough in the anime.

"Stopped for 5 minutes"

Kirito wins via Kirito manipulation

>Mother's Basement

Kirito wins via Salt Manipulation

This season is gorgeous though, goblins aside. Those need to be visited by an equally obvious CGI Goblin Slayer.

That said, I am hyped for Alice doujins/fanfics. I need one where Kirito trying and failing to play wingman for Eugeo and Alice.

That would be hilarious, lmao.

Also yeah, this season is shaping up to be pretty good.

By the way, just as a side note, I'm updating Kirito with clarification on current abilities as well as new abilities that weren't added in previously, such as Healing (healing Sacred Arts) and Fire Manipulation (fire arrows & firebird).

Also Kirito shouldn't have time manip, since he never obtains the Time Piercing Sword (TPS). Also the TPS has the ability to cut the past as well as the future, so that should be added if we ever have a Bercouli Synthesis One profile.

Why did he have time anything again? Yeah, we should make profiles. I kinda want to make some now, but I want to wait for anime visuals to happen.

GIVE ME LIGHT SWORD x TIME SWORD NOW.

I don't think Kirito will ever be 6-A. Maybe 6-C via the world shaking feat but that's only if he's empowered by everyone, so it's extremely situational. I think the current profile he has right now is a good sweet spot.

High 6-C is worldshaking

6-C if it's split between a lot of people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back