• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Limbo vs Reinhard. I hope god won't smite me for this.

PsychoWarper said:
If Rein was in Glad and Limbo wasnt why would Limbo learn anything?
For several reasons, like scanners and stuff, not to mention from what people said you can still look out/inside of glads, you just cannot affect it due to it being technically outside of everything. So the scanners would still look.

Besides just looking at what happened to the Limbo who got close to glads gives anyone enough of an idea to "not try to get close again".

Firephoenixearl said:
For several reasons, like scanners and stuff, not to mention from what people said you can still look out/inside of glads, you just cannot affect it due to it being technically outside of everything. So the scanners would still look.

Besides just looking at what happened to the Limbo who got close to glads gives anyone enough of an idea to "not try to get close again".
I am pretty sure you are going to need proof in saying that Limbo can scan the nature of Glads.

There's not much one can learn about it other than just looking at it - it's a giant skeleton castle, that's about all the information you could get from looking at it.

And no, Limbo would know not to go inside of Glads because it will cut of his (its?) connection to The Operator, not that he, "shouldn't get near it".

Anyway, this is a win for Reinhard - likely a stomp.

Glads instantly kills the first Limbo and the second one either gets close to the castle and Reinhard just kills that one as well, or he GTFO's from the castle and self-BFR's.

Warren Valion said:
I am pretty sure you are going to need proof in saying that Limbo can scan the nature of Glads.

There's not much one can learn about it other than just looking at it - it's a giant skeleton castle, that's about all the information you could get from looking at it. And no, Limbo would know not to go inside of Glads because it will cut of his (its?) connection to The Operator, not that he, "shouldn't get near it".
Im assuming you didn't read my comment above where i said "scan the things except the ones which are 1-A". And Limbo "will" be getting close to glads, that's what i said, he just won't try anything funny like getting inside. And the scan not understanding glads will be more info than limbo needs to know to stay the f outta there and wait for his actual opponent to come out first.

Firephoenixearl said:
Im assuming you didn't read my comment above where i said "scan the things except the ones which are 1-A". And Limbo "will" be getting close to glads, that's what i said, he just won't try anything funny like getting inside. And the scan not understanding glads will be more info than limbo needs to know to stay the f outta there and wait for his actual opponent to come out first.
Then why would he try hiding his presence and "wait it out"?

Wouldn't he want Reinhard to know of his existence as a way of calling him out of the Castle?

Because that's the safest choice. Hiding and waiting it out until Reinhard (his target) comes out again. Trying to go back in glads would be dumb stuff.

No he wouldn't. Last time a limbo was inside glads he was "outside of the operator's range". Why would he want reinhard to know of his existence if he is focusing on stealth?

Reinhard is nothing more than Spinne-samas puppet who he graciously allows to be a figure head for his power.

PsychoWarper said:
Reinhard is nothing more than Spinne-samas puppet who he graciously allows to be a figure head for his power.
Yeah i mean it was Masadaverse up till reinhard and hajun. With Spinne it looks more like Suggsverse if anything.

Firephoenixearl said:
Because that's the safest choice. Hiding and waiting it out until Reinhard (his target) comes out again. Trying to go back in glads would be dumb stuff.
No he wouldn't. Last time a limbo was inside glads he was "outside of the operator's range". Why would he want reinhard to know of his existence if he is focusing on stealth?
He wouldn't know that Reinhard has a limit. He wouldn't know to "wait it out". If hours, days, weeks, or even months go by and there is no change on something, why would anyone assume that they can still "wait it out"? Where is the logic in that?

All the Limbo knows is that when he got in the castle - he was disconnected from The Operator. So, if his goal is to fight and kill Reinhard, then he would have to get Reinhard out of the castle. And getting Reinhard's attention is the only way that Limbo could possibly get Reinhard out of the castle.

Who mentioned time limit. It's natural to assume a man is going to come out of a castle. That's like saying if you go home, it's not safe to assume you'll ever come out. He went into a castle of sorts why would he never come out, Limbo doesn't know about glads or anything just that his opponent is not the caslte, but the man who went inside. About the time and "not leave" there is this:

State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't.
Furthermore characters will not give up of their own accord. That means a character that is uninterested or sees no chance of winning won't simply leave

The operator knows that, limbo doesn't know anything. The Operator knows that this castle is sort of magical because as soon as limbo got in, he was outside of the operator's void reach. He would know not to get inside that castle again. It's far more reasonable to wait for the target to come out, rather than going into some castle which spelled doom once, and the structure of which is completely unscannable even by the best technology. Yeah i don't see why they would try to get in the castle rather than waiting it out.

@fire if the frames don't have the conciousness of the operator how come when the queens forcibly disconnect you from your frame you literally go unconscious

Also in addition to the above description of the somatic link saying your conciousness is transferred, during the war within when you are unlocking your powers transference is literally a full physical possession of the target not just sending energy in

Firephoenixearl said:
Who mentioned time limit. It's natural to assume a man is going to come out of a castle. That's like saying if you go home, it's not safe to assume you'll ever come out. He went into a castle of sorts why would he never come out, Limbo doesn't know about glads or anything just that his opponent is not the caslte, but the man who went inside. About the time and "not leave" there is this:
Okay, but Reinhard doesn't leave the castle.

And after waiting - hours, days, weeks, months, et cetera. Don't you think Limbo would move on to another plan of trying to Reinhard out of his castle?

So if Rein never notices the other limbo isn't a win for him?

I mean, rein already destroyed his enemy and if he never knows there is another one he doesn't have to leave the castle on the other hand limbo needs to stay on full alert of any move that rein mades.

If Rein for any reason leaves glads the what? lets say limbo kills him, Low godly brings him back or if there is need he can come back from any of his 2 type 8 and with knowledge about another Limbo he can't detect.

On that point he eithers nukes everything with glads or swarms the battlefield with his legion to find Limbo and at that point is gg.

Rein not noticing is not a win, why would it be? His opponent still exists.

And Limbo can just deconstruct and absorb Reinhard, keeping him alive so that it won't trigger his immortality or regen.

That deconstruction only works on stationary downed targets and takes a decent amount of time

Also could you address my other post about transference fire

Warren Valion said:

And after waiting - hours, days, weeks, months, et cetera. Don't you think Limbo would move on to another plan of trying to Reinhard out of his castle?
Yeah that's inconc.

With infinite stamina, SBA ensuring that he won't give up, and waiting for reinhard to come out being the only solution (win condition) as he already tried going in. I don't see why he would try anything else against a caslte he cannot even comprehend.

Paul Frank said:
That deconstruction only works on stationary downed targets and takes a decent amount of time
Also could you address my other post about transference fire
Purely game mechanics. If you can describe the difference between a target that's lying down and one on his feet, then it might not be game mechanics.

About that. Do you have the scenes or links of that i don't remember the exact scene.

The downed target can't run from the frame that keeps his hand above them for 15 seconds

I'll try to find a link it's the scene before ordis tries to purge you

Paul Frank said:
The downed target can't run from the frame that keeps his hand above them for 15 seconds
I'll try to find a link it's the scene before ordis tries to purge you
Some nice body puppetry will do the job there.

https://youtu.be/0PXTHsFFSfw

3:49 ish it starts

Looking at it again its arguable that it's just because they overload it somehow but even if that's true there is still the fact that when you unlock transference in the quest it's a full possession not an energy transfer

That's clearly overload, i mean ordis basically screams "Transferrence overload". xD

And when you unlock the transferrence they clearly say "i don't need it anymore". The previous system is the same as this one (energy transfer), it's just that now, after unlocking it, you don't need the cables anymore/the operator becomes capable of controling the warframe from that distance on his own, without technology help.

For the overload part that means that it enough energy is put into the frame it could incap the operator and prevent them from using frames even if you want to say their conciousness isn't in the frame

As for the transference part no you are actually physically possessing the target. When you have to use transference on the golden maw you void blast it to stun and use transference to actually enter it

Not exactly we don't know exactly what the queens did or how they did it. The operator tanked TMiTW who is the embodiment of void energy, the queens ain't overpowering his energy anytime soon. What that meant was that before TWW the transference was done through technology which could be overloaded (like any electronic device), that is no more, it's not done through cables anymore. The operator going unconscious was either just part of the plot or just some kind of backlash from the system overload maybe that backfired on the operator.

The operator's journey was not a physical journey, that was a mental journey. It didn't truly happen, when the operator said "don't play any music" ordis said "you're not making any sense". None of it actually happened physically, but rather mentally, which is why you see the same scene twice (with the queens messing with the operator's transference, through some weird stuff). And the "enter" is mostly to insert the void avatar, not join in yourself. The void avatar basically simbolizes the operator's ability to control void energy. Some things don't have void energy inside them so the operator can insert this void energy and use it to control people's minds and bodies.

So again while void energy would allow for posession in some cases, that's not the link with the warframes. The Operator is not physically inside the warframe, but he can manifest the void energy inside the warframe as an avatar of his own, which is why the warframes are immoblie once the void avatar is gone, because without the energy is out, it's not possible to control their bodies.

The golden maw part was actually physical possession and that journey happened

That was after you were kicked off your ship by ordis after digging through the rocks after possessing the maw you exit it physically and end up on the other side

As for being unable to overload because they tanked tmitw, they to my knowledge never really tanked him he just attached himself to you like with Rell. Also tmitw isn't confirmed to be the embodiment of all void energy that's just Rell and his keeper's theory. Margullis and the Lotus say he is an entity created by the tenno on the Zariman, which would make slightly more sense given some of the evidence but I don't wanna get into that here it'll end up derailing even more

Then why even after the journey you were still in the same scene with the queens?

And why did ordis not remember anything about what happened if it really did happen?

No one knew TMiTW like Rell did. His word holds far more weight than Lotus' word. But the queens did still overload the system and not the tenno, so it wouldn't be a current applicable weakness.

Firephoenixearl said:
Warren Valion said:

Yeah that's inconc.
With infinite stamina, SBA ensuring that he won't give up, and waiting for reinhard to come out being the only solution (win condition) as he already tried going in. I don't see why he would try anything else against a caslte he cannot even comprehend.
You're being contradictive here.

You keep saying that Limbo would want to pursue and kill Reinhard at all costs, but because Reinhard doesn't come out of the castle normally and the castle stays up seemingly indefinitely from Limbo's perspective, Limbo would just stand there?

Why wouldn't he call Reinhard out and try and get him to come outside of the castle? He doesn't have to go in, he could try and get Reinhard to come out.

There is no logical reason as to why not do that. If I wanted to kill someone, and they literally never left their house, and I can't kill them in their house, then I would get them to come outside to accomplish my goal.

Back