• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lighting vs Whis

I'm sorry, I like DB vs FF fights. Anyways, I think Whis wins because of his ability to slow down time and just Blitzing Lightining (he is hundreds of billions of times faster than light). He could take hits from Lighting and potentially win this one. I think he does. What do you guys think?

2-C vs 3-A, even if said 2-C is a low one, are stomps, I think. Whis is definitely faster (relativistic + that is possibly highe vs a MFTL+) and, from what I've seen, Lightning lacks the hax like matter manipulation and the likes, she's got some soul hax I think)

It'd take Whis blitzing and blasting her while going all out to win, a 2-C is where it start to get haxxy, after all.

Matter manipulation COULD work but we've yet to see Whis use it against someone.

I feel like in a situation where he is up against an opponent stronger than himself, but is trying to kill him (which Lightning is usually ready to kill), Whis would pull out all the stops. I feel like Whis wins with Speed Blitz.

Lightning would be a statue compared to Whis.

But the difference in tiering is apparent, and if not for the terrifying speed advantage, would most likely(based on current showings by whis) be a loss for the guy

Yeah, well, he's got hax like BFR, Matter Manipulation (thanks to Vados) and stuff but yeah, she's got more firepower than him, and by what I read, Beerus and Whis (or the other DBZ god tiers) will need some serious showing to become 2-C, let alone High 3-A.

I'm still giving to Whis thanks to his speed advantage and stuff but if speed was equallized, he'd probably get spanked.

Lightning has low 2-C durability, Whis can't really scratch her even with all his attacks, she's also immortal so basically all she has to do is destroy the universe to win even if she is slower.

Aurasuke said:
Lightning has low 2-C durability, Whis can't really scratch her even with all his attacks, she's also immortal so basically all she has to do is destroy the universe to win even if she is slower.
She doesn't even have the range to blow the universe, Whis on the other hand has Range in his advantage.

Yeah no go check her page or play FF 13 her range is poor, she can't even touch Whis, IMO this is an Inconclusive match.

Lightning has this in the bag. She's literally infinity times stronger than him. That's the difference between LOW 2-C and 3-A. She solo's the verse while napping. Whis will eventually get tired and then Lightning kills with one blow.

Even if that weren't the case, she beat someone in the SAME TIER (Shulk) who is MFTL or +. I forget. Whis is again, infinitely weaker than both, Shulk and Lightning. She might as well be fighting a goomba. The difference in strength is the same when it comes to infinity.

^ To be honest I'm not really sure if she would beat Shulk 100%, her immortality gives her an advantage, but Shulk is by no means weak. Though I supposed her god is probably more powerful than the one Shulk had faced, if you every played final fantasy type 0, apparently a lesser god than the god that lightning had beat had reset the universe over 6 million times. Though type 0 and 13 never actually meet. I kind of wish they didn't introduce the god plot into type 0, I mean it was such a good game, simplitstic yet elegant until they introduced the acopolypse type battle where the player has no choice but to lose. Type 0 is basically technology vs magic, and obviously magic always wins over technology, in the end though every ends up getting killed anyway.

Does having 2-C durability prevent you from being BFR or reality warped? Because he has both(powerscaling by vados)

Also, Whis has no feats, only powerscaling, which puts him at a level where he can easily solo the entire dbzverse(sans Vados)

Until we see his full power I don't think its practical to use him, or Vados.

We haven't even seen Beerus at full power and he's overused lel

Mister Death said:
Does having 2-C durability prevent you from being BFR or reality warped? Because he has both(powerscaling by vados)

Also, Whis has no feats, only powerscaling, which puts him at a level where he can easily solo the entire dbzverse(sans Vados)

Agreed Whis is featless.

Mister Death said:

I doubt you can scale hax unless you granted that haxxed person with their powers (i.e: heralds of Galactus). And even if he was using a fraction of a percent of his power, he'd still be fodder to lightning. However, your point makes perfect sense. I find DB battles overdone anyway lol.

The real cal howard said:
Mister Death said:

I doubt you can scale hax unless you granted that haxxed person with their powers (i.e: heralds of Galactus). And even if he was using a fraction of a percent of his power, he'd still be fodder to lightning. However, your point makes perfect sense. I find DB battles overdone anyway lol.
The difference between 2-C and 3-A is overwhelming. However it all boils down to whether Beerus can destroy the space time of a universe. If its concretely proven, the outcome of the match will become obvious. It just I've also been seeing sailor moon fights everywhere with dbz nowadays

Mister Death said:
The difference between 2-C and 3-A is overwhelming. However it all boils down to whether Beerus can destroy the space time of a universe. If its concretely proven, the outcome of the match will become obvious. It just I've also been seeing sailor moon fights everywhere with dbz nowadays
If Beerus does wind up being 2-C, this literally becomes him vs Moon again, just in this case Moon is even slower. Lightning has immortality, and true immortality.

^ Lol instead of Beerus being 2-C, how about we see a better plot that's really creative and original without having to do with one upping the previous boss.

Aurasuke said:
^ Lol instead of Beerus being 2-C, how about we see a better plot that's really creative and original without having to do with one upping the previous boss.
This is what DBS was made for just saiyan.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Truer words have seldom been spoken.
Better plot+ Better feats is a win win, and I am actually enjoying whats happening in the anime.

The small scuffle between beers and champa+whis and vados unaffected by their destroyer energy, a win win~

Aurasuke said:
Battle shonen and plot dont go well together. You have to shut your brain and enjoy the awesome fights.

Thanks but it never feels like anything is ever on the line during a battle. You can't even measure how much damage one is taking, and apparently Goku just one hit Freiza after he suffered like 1000 hits. Pretty much they can just plot device you anytime, rather than using something more clever to turn the tide of battle like in Code Geass.

Aurasuke said:
Thanks but it never feels like anything is ever on the line during a battle. You can't even measure how much damage one is taking, and apparently Goku just one hit Freiza after he suffered like 1000 hits. Pretty much they can just plot device you anytime, rather than using something more clever to turn the tide of battle like in Code Geass.
Code Geass is all about intelligents and strategy it was a masterpiece if you ask me comparing that anime plot to DBZ is like comparing DBS animation to madhouse dbz always had simple plot not just dbz but most shonen.

^ Saying Whis blitzs is like saying an ant will destroy a star. It's kind of impossible for Whis to damage lightning no matter how fast he is in Lightning's Savior form. Lightning just needs to destroy the universe to win.

Well, IIRC, doesn't Whis' BFR not work on beings who are gods? Because Lightning is technically a goddess.

The Everlasting said:
Well, IIRC, doesn't Whis' BFR not work on beings who are gods? Because Lightning is technically a goddess.
Thats not how it works it sends you to another dimension but you need to have control over god ki in order to move once inside it.

^Never heard of that lol, just saw that it was hard to move.

Either way Chaos has the ability to destroy Gods, Lightning killed God in her universe with Chaos and her own power, who was a lot more impressive than Whis at least in being able to create a universe with little effort.

I really wonder what happened to lightning after though, did she ever see Serah again? And the ending was kind of lol, the new universe that is made apparently has earth. I would have prefered it if they just remade the universe with Cocoon lol

Lightning was able to travel in a space and time outside of the universe technically speaking as it was pretty much destroyed. It was there she fought god and beat it even though the battle wasn't all that easy from an RPG perspective lol

Aurasuke said:
^Never heard of that lol, just saw that it was hard to move.
Either way Chaos has the ability to destroy Gods, Lightning killed God in her universe with Chaos and her own power, who was a lot more impressive than Whis at least in being able to create a universe with little effort.

I really wonder what happened to lightning after though, did she ever see Serah again? And the ending was kind of lol, the new universe that is made apparently has earth. I would have prefered it if they just remade the universe with Cocoon lol

Lightning was able to travel in a space and time outside of the universe technically speaking as it was pretty much destroyed. It was there she fought god and beat it even though the battle wasn't all that easy from an RPG perspective lol
If people are so intent on using nigh featless characters like whis for battles then assumptions and powerscaling must be made. If Beerus becomes 2-C by EOS DBS then this fight becomes clear as day. But no matter what, Whis is literally, nigh featless. We don't know if he has extra hacks or so, and people use him like he won the WWE championship or something

Aurasuke said:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Whis
Well actually it's just universal durability so not really

I am just watching this thread and dont really have an opinion however universe level is very broad going from being able to destroy a single universe to high universe level being able to destroy infinite universes so just because a character is ranked at universe level doesnt mean they can only destroy or survive the destruction of only one.

So basically Whis can't damage lightning but on the other hand lightning can't hit Whis because she is too slow. Whis can blitz and BFR her thought but it won't be a noble way to win but whatever.

Back