• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lighting vs Whis

GTgokussj4 said:
So basically Whis can't damage lightning but on the other hand lightning can't hit Whis because she is too slow. Whis can blitz and BFR her thought but it won't be a noble way to win but whatever.
Yes, but there's also the problem that Whis can't survive without space and time of the universe. See above posts (mine at least for why that's the case).

This is why we shouldn't pit tier 2 against tier 3 lol

Aurasuke said:
No, actually more than one universe is Lightning's tier which is Universe+, if we go by many more then it's multi-universal, or multiversal for 2-B, high multiversal is high 2-A.
See how she's universe+ as oppose to universal

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Lightning_(Final_Fantasy_XIII)
No thats not how our tiering system works universe level is anywhere from being able to destroy the entire physical matter of one universe up to high universe level being able to destroy infinite universes this is all 3 dimensional.To be low 2-C however you have to be able to destroy an entire 4 dimensional space-time continum of one universe.
So yes lightning is universe+ because she can destroy an entire 4-D space-time continum while whis is only 3-D

Aurasuke wrote
Yes, but there's also the problem that Whis can't survive without space and time of the universe. See above posts (mine at least for why that's the case).

This is why we shouldn't pit tier 2 against tier 3 lol

That has nothing to do with being Blitzing and BFR her.And for all we know Whis might be able to survive he has limited time manipulation but he is featless.

And, just saw that Lightning had time manipulation. If it's anything like any final fantasy's time manipulation, it trumps Whis' by far. Whis can launch all the attacks he wants. Does nothing to beat Lightning, so eventually she freezes or slows time, and then kills Whis.

Also, even if the dimensional BFRing works, who's to say she doesn't just bust her way out of it by destroying the universe?

Why the f such a strong char so slow? Lighting's speed is a joke

Anyway I do think Whis has a very good chance by accumulating damage over time by hitting Lightning several million times before she can move an inch.

^ Doubt it, we take time stop into account though, then lightning can easily win this.

Can an ant destroy a star by punching it several million times? Whis can't destroy time, time is a 4th dimension. Lightning can.

Well Lighting can't hurt Whis either, it's stalemate then. Even if Lighting proceeds to bust the universe Whis can simply create a portal and flee as long as necessary

Is Lighting the weakest tier 2 character? lol

Yeah, I'm opting for stalemate solely because of speed. If speed was equalized Lightning would kill Whis in one shot.

Well, power-wise she's considerably stronger than other Low 2-C's, but speed wise Exdeath is slower (Sub-Relativistic for crying out loud).

Well you have people like Thanos who's transonic, so I see where she's coming from. But these characters with mismatched stats are totally silly.

^ Actually yes, that is possible. Though we would have to say how they meet. If lightning stopped time or rewound it it would be massively in her favor. Whis can only rewind time for 3 minutes, but Lightning Can Actually go back in time for any amount. She has done this in Final Fantasy versus 13-2.

Whis also has a cooldown time for his rewind, so he can't simply do it indefinitely. He may try to run to another space, but if Lightning uses time hax, I don't think Whis can win especially if he doesn't even know that time has been rewound.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Aurasuke said:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/WhisWell actually it's just universal durability so not really
I am just watching this thread and dont really have an opinion however universe level is very broad going from being able to destroy a single universe to high universe level being able to destroy infinite universes so just because a character is ranked at universe level doesnt mean they can only destroy or survive the destruction of only one.
Saying Whiz can survive Lightning's Universe destruction is similar to saying Asura can survive Saint Seiya's. Don't confuse tiers, though they seem similar, they are in fact, completely different in terms of scale. Whis has never shown the ability to survive an attack that wipes a universe from what is, was or ever will be.

I'm with ya. Honestly, this is a mismatch to begin with. Heck, I remember when I made a thread with Whis and Vados together fighting Palkia back when his top speed was only sub-rel. It was considered a stomp.

lol molecule man is human speed, does that mean Whis can one shot him? also human durability without using his powers

Pokémon Trainer Jacob said:
So who wins?
No conclusion, half and half really for whis/lightning.

Has anyone brought up an counter argument for speedblitz bfr?

Whis has literally more ways of beating lightning than he would have if he were able to inflict damage(I still believe Beerus to be potentially 2-C but no feats support that)

Honestly looks inconclusive to me. It's basically an Immortal Statue vs Whis

It seems like a stalemate then or Whis wins because he can blitz before she thinks to timestop and then BFR her, he is Billions of times the speed of Light likely higher.

^ BFR probably does nothing though she can survive in a place with no time or space, the second he did that, Lightning turns back time before they ever fought and kills him via destroying the universe while he doesn't even know they were fightning.

Aura, would Lightning do that before the fight even begins? NO! It's clear that they would at least fight before they do that. She wouldn't think to reverse time before she's blitzed.

^ But as stated before that's like saying an ant will somehow destroy a star, it's doesn't matter how fast Whis is it won't happen. Lightning had already reversed times many times before, the only reason her opponent was instantly beaten was because her opponents could also reverse time.

Also why would Whis attack someone so quickly if he wasn't bloodlusted? He'd probably be like, well let's see what you can do or something like what he did to Goku.

Aurasuke said:
^ But as stated before that's like saying an ant will somehow destroy a star, it's doesn't matter how fast Whis is it won't happen. Lightning had already reversed times many times before, the only reason her opponent was instantly beaten was because her opponents could also reverse time.
Also why would Whis attack someone so quickly if he wasn't bloodlusted? He'd probably be like, well let's see what you can do or something like what he did to Goku.
This fight assumes bloodlust, and Whis most likely speedblitz BFRs into that space of his, which seems to be something only has staff can release people of

^ lightning just reverses time to undo BFR, not like BFR can kill her or even harm her. She can destroy a god that casually created a universe after all.

Aurasuke said:
^ lightning just reverses time to undo BFR, not like BFR can kill her or even harm her. She can destroy a god that casually created a universe after all.
Whis can reverse time too, right after lightning reverses time, whis does it again and re does the bfr

Mister Death said:
Aurasuke said:
Whis can reverse time too, right after lightning reverses time, whis does it again and re does the bfr
Lightning literally can never tag him, and whis can rewind the destruction of the universe

Aurasuke said:
^ But time reversal much?
What's lightning going to do after the reversal? Destroy the universe with relativistic speed? Relativistic is billions of years compared to the speed whis is rocking

^ Lightning destroyed a god that casually created a universe, she has magic and the power of chaos which even god couldn't stop. She became one with Lumina who represented her "weaker" self that she discarded, her emotions etc. Even though Lumina has been shown to be more than a match for Lightning before.

Who needs speed when you have magic lol

So what exactly is Whis supposed to do that would actually net him a win? So far his speed and time reversal hax appears to force things into a stalemate however I'm not sure he can do serious damage to someone a tier above him.

Muu0934 said:
So what exactly is Whis supposed to do that would actually net him a win? So far his speed and time reversal hax appears to force things into a stalemate however I'm not sure he can do serious damage to someone a tier above him.
speed and time reversal won't give him a stalemate though. Lightning has shown more time manipulation feats, and Whis is limited to 3 minutes.

As for his speed, he can't really outrun the destruction of the universe. You could argue he ends up running away to the 6th universe or something I suppose, but then Lightning can just turn back time so that Whis doesn't even know that he's fightning

Aurasuke said:
Muu0934 said:
speed and time reversal won't give him a stalemate though. Lightning has shown more time manipulation feats, and Whis is limited to 3 minutes.
As for his speed, he can't really outrun the destruction of the universe. You could argue he ends up running away to the 6th universe or something I suppose, but then Lightning can just turn back time so that Whis doesn't even know that he's fightning
Lightning won't get the chance to destroy any universes though

By this logic, Kirby and the Flash also beat Lightning via speed BFR for eating and speedforce dump respectively.

Back