• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lies of P Discussion Thread

Ehhhh. Malenia is more refined and all around difficult, while Laxasia I can bitch in phase one and then get annihilated IMMEDIATELY in phase 2. I barely know how to fight her 2nd, let alone block a single attack besides her lightning bolt throws.
I mean fun factor and fairness

Malenia is bullshit, everything about her for me is easy except her super attacks, I only die for that reason, if the whole reason of dying to a boss is that, for me is garbage

Laxasia her super did not instakill me = I can learn the fight

Both are easy if you use the most cheesy strategy but by playing normally, Laxasia is more fun that Malenia

I mean fun factor and fairness

Malenia is bullshit, everything about her for me is easy except her super attacks, I only die for that reason, if the whole reason of dying to a boss is that, for me is garbage

Laxasia her super did not instakill me = I can learn the fight

Both are easy if you use the most cheesy strategy but by playing normally, Laxasia is more fun that Malenia
I feel the exact opposite tbh, but I get what you mean. I personally find Malenia’s power moves to be fairly easy to deal with, and in the end she really only has like 3. Waterfowl dance especially has gotten easier since it comes out predictably at different health intervals and just involves the right combination of running and dodging. It is a bit much for new players, but still I’ve gotten used to it and now enjoy it.

Laxasia on the other hand is kinda BS with her power moves. Thankfully she doesn’t have too many either, but her giant cloud dash she starts phase 2 with is waaaaaay to quick, and her charge runs have somewhat weird deflection timings. Honestly though, the hardest part of her to me is her normal attacks. Since she doesn’t have normal attacks in phase 1, only really using combos, it feels unusual when you get to phase 2 and have to deal with normal attacks. I wish she had them or something similar in phase 1 so that you could have practice for them in phase 2.

A lot tbh. I wasn’t expecting to like the souls-like as much as I am, I think it captures that soulsborne experience very well without being a ripoff and simultaneously adding new features to keep it fresh.
That's what I have been saying for the game. The main criticism I can understand is how telegraphed all areas are, but to me it feels nice. Some more exploration would be good though.

That's what I have been saying for the game. The main criticism I can understand is how telegraphed all areas are, but to me it feels nice. Some more exploration would be good though.
Yeah the levels are decently linear, but ig that isn’t too much of an issue for me since I’ve got Elden Ring for the explorative itch if it ever needs scratching. I do think the movement is a little slow, but that could just be me used to ER which is a bit faster paced than your average souls game. I think I’d describe the gameplay as like if Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne had a baby.

I slammed those goobers after 9 tries, I'm feeling good.

Arc still needs to go through and fight them, and I will be with him when he eventually eats his controller.

Given I’ve played and platinumed DS 1, 2, 3, and Elden Ring, I promise you I will not get that tilted. Playing these games is like doing drugs for me.

Is the game worthy of at least standing close to them in quality according to you?
Well let’s set some standards, DS 2 is 🗿, DS 1 is really good, and Elden Ring and Dark Souls 3 are phenomenal.

So rn I have it like this: DS2 <<< LoP < DS1 < Elden Ring =< DS3.

Ummmmmmm I’d say it’s definitely the best souls-like game out there, and probably worthy of standing beside its forefathers in some capacity.

SotFS is just worse DS2 yes. Regular DS2 is no masterpiece lmao. Lemme edit my original message.

DS2 SotFS <<< DS2 <<< LoP < DS1 < Elden Ring =< DS3
<<<<<< Bloodborne

Genuinely though that’s fair tbh. While I haven’t played DS1 or 2 yet, that’s about where I’d put it if I had to get. In terms of other souls likes besides LoP I’ve played DS3, BB, ER, AC6, and Sekiro (I’ve platinumed them all so for DS3)

Second tried the Blacked Brotherhood 💪 very fun boss fight, definitely one of the better “gank” boss fights in a souls/souls-like game

Back