• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lies of P Discussion Thread

The White Lady was parrying the crap out of me but I got her on my second try (died the first time because I had no pulse cells), I also fought against the Mad Clown Puppet and defeated him after my second try (which, one again, wasn't first tried because of my lack of healing items)

Translation: I have a skill issue
JodJamer.png

The White Lady was parrying the crap out of me but I got her on my second try (died the first time because I had no pulse cells), I also fought against the Mad Clown Puppet and defeated him after my second try (which, one again, wasn't first tried because of my lack of healing items)
Good job to be honest, I first try the white lady and the clown I second try, I just ran away to get the next checkpoint and not having to deal with all the enemies because **** off

Now enjoy one of the best bosses and the true test of skill in the game at that point

Is anyone working on profiles for the verse or are we still in the feat gathering and calcing phase?
For the most part it’s the former. Currently I’m working on a page for Armored Core, but after that I can make a verse page for lies of p

What’re y’all’s thoughts on the Puppet King Romeo?

To me he feels like this games first true test of skill. I feel like an apt comparison would be like Pontiff from DS3 or Morgott in Leyndel from Elden Ring. I don’t know if I’d say he’s as hard as them, but I’ve fought him only like 4 times so far. I think it’s a well designed boss from what I’ve seen of it.

I defeated Romeo on my 9th try, I was so happy when I did because he was constantly destroying me in his second phase.

To me he feels like this games first true test of skill. I feel like an apt comparison would be like Pontiff from DS3 or Morgott in Leyndel from Elden Ring. I don’t know if I’d say he’s as hard as them, but I’ve fought him only like 4 times so far. I think it’s a well designed boss from what I’ve seen of it.
He’s the best boss I was mentioning before lol. Genuinely one of the best souls bosses I’ve ever fought, with the only issue being his mid phase combo. It’s the most difficult attack I’ve ever had to deal with in a souls game, and I find it even more frustrating than waterfowl dance sometimes since I don’t have a good answer to it. The rest of the fight, the music, and the lore are all perfect.

Probably my favourite boss with Laxasia behind.

Is anyone working on profiles for the verse or are we still in the feat gathering and calcing phase?
Feats wise, here's what I've kinda gathered.

AP:

Beginning game is probably 9-A via fighting the first boss in the game, who's like 9-A ISH via sheer size?

Early game can scale to puppet of the future, who via sheer size is around 8-C.

Andres is implied to have made the giant crater inside the church, which I'm guessing is probably High end Tier 8-ish? Midgame is probably like 8-A

Not much AP stuff afterwards, but later on, for endgame stuff, Simon Manus is implied to have caused the Earthquake which could be felt all over Krat, up until the junkyard, which is outside Krat. This one is easy Tier 7, coupled with the storm feat of Simon absorbing all the Ergo. Endgame is probably Tier 7.

Speed is simple. Most of the game involves bullet dodging or dodging electricity, which is like Hypersonic. Endgame features taught up lightning dodging, making them MHS+.

LS is probably like Class 100 ISH via parrying large foes or lifting heavy gates.

Apparently there's some 7-A stuff that was discussed earlier in the thread.

I also feel like the verse is more hax based, with Ergo being cracked
I was trying to figure out what that was but no one said what it was 💀

And yeah it’s definitely more hax based, especially when you consider the time hax that P gets through Ergo.

I defeated Victor on my second try, I was so close to first trying him but I messed up a dodge.

It was surprisingly easy for me. I'm not entirely sure if this boss was considered challenging for other people, but I thought it was pretty easy. Especially compared to the previous bosses like Romeo, Scrapped Watcher, Archbishop etc.

Also, what would y'all consider to be the best costume combinations in the game? Personally, I really enjoy the Survivor's outfit you get by killing the Stalker in Venigni's Workshop.

My current favorite, however, is the combination of The White Lady's Mask + The Blue Blood's Tailcoat. It's so drippy, especially for a Technique build I believe.

Also, what would y'all consider to be the best costume combinations in the game? Personally, I really enjoy the Survivor's outfit you get by killing the Stalker in Venigni's Workshop.

My current favorite, however, is the combination of The White Lady's Mask + The Blue Blood's Tailcoat. It's so drippy, especially for a Technique build I believe.
Alchemist top hat, illusory glasses, alchemist cape

I defeated Victor on my second try, I was so close to first trying him but I messed up a dodge.

It was surprisingly easy for me. I'm not entirely sure if this boss was considered challenging for other people, but I thought it was pretty easy. Especially compared to the previous bosses like Romeo, Scrapped Watcher, Archbishop etc.
Pre nerf Simon had crazy hp and the attacks were faster iirc. And yeah, he's not really the hardest even thou he's the final boss.

I haven't reached that far into the game yet, so I can't really comment on him. I recently reached the Green Monster boss and I know I'm going to struggle against him just like I struggled against the Scrapped Watcher.

I haven't reached that far into the game yet, so I can't really comment on him. I recently reached the Green Monster boss and I know I'm going to struggle against him just like I struggled against the Scrapped Watcher.
Honestly Green Monster was the most i struggled with. That 2nd phase rushing was just pure nightmare when i first played it.

By going BALLS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, seriously, that's how I beat it. Master its first phase enough to be full on pulse cells, then use the crit increasing grindstone to go wild.
Oof. I'm kinda of ok with its first phase, only had to use 1 cell mostly by holy shit. Its second phase is so fast, MF think he Flash.

Victor is extremely easy for most people. He's just very easy to dodge due to him having little range and variety in his attacks.

Back