• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lies of P Discussion Thread

images_-_2023-07-13T085637.533.jpg

A general discussion thread for Lies of P, since the demo is out for free in basically all plataform (Its a pretty long demo. It gave me several hours of gameplay).
Its basically a Soulslike with Pinocchio, where the developers have placed characteristics such as the broken perry of Sekiro and the horror aesthetic of Bloodborne, along with other things.
I don't know if anyone other than me has an interest in the game, so this here is more to find out more people or otherwise try to work with the verse alone at some future date.

I'm working my way through the game slowly right now. I didn't look too in-depth at feats during the demo, but hopefully, some things will come up soon. So far this is what I've taken note of:

• P being able to blast open a metal fence and deform it with a punch
  • The Parade master blowing apart the display that was set up in his boss room
  • The Parade Master was described as being able to carry six men with ease (which doesn't mean anything impressive, but it's a feat nonetheless)

Overall I think the early game is going to just be around 9-B to 9-A like M3X said.

If P is able to defeat the Puppet of the Future found in Vignini Works, I think that might be sufficient to get him into 8-C by merit of PotF’s sheer size.

He should also scale to dodging the electric bolts fired by the Scrapped Watchman.

An argument could also be made for Stalkers (including P) having Type 1 Acausality, since they can remember P’s deaths even after time was rewound by P using the Stargazer.

An argument could also be made for Stalkers (including P) having Type 1 Acausality, since they can remember P’s deaths even after time was rewound by P using the Stargazer.
When's it stated that they rewind time? I mean I don't doubt it considering most Souls games have an in-lore explanation for the character reviving, but still.

Also, I wanted to mention that Sophia mentions that lying can be used to manipulate reality, and even though she is most likely being metaphorical I wouldn't be surprised since there is a mechanic based around reality manipulation through wish-making already.

When's it stated that they rewind time? I mean I don't doubt it considering most Souls games have an in-lore explanation for the character reviving, but still.

Also, I wanted to mention that Sophia mentions that lying can be used to manipulate reality, and even though she is most likely being metaphorical I wouldn't be surprised since there is a mechanic based around reality manipulation through wish-making already.
I believe it’s one of the descriptions you can read during the loading screen. Talks about how Stargazers use Ergo to rewind time back to a point where The Boy (P) was in peak physical condition. Stargazers also use Ergo to recharge the Pulse Cells, which is why they start with a full charge after every reload. If I can find it, I’ll try to provide a screenshot or wiki link.

I believe it’s one of the descriptions you can read during the loading screen. Talks about how Stargazers use Ergo to rewind time back to a point where The Boy (P) was in peak physical condition. Stargazers also use Ergo to recharge the Pulse Cells, which is why they start with a full charge after every reload. If I can find it, I’ll try to provide a screenshot or wiki link.
Sounds like it might work, although it might need to have some distinction whether or not it is rewinding time for just P or the whole world

If it restores dead enemies, then it's not only for P.
True. You could argue though that enemies are just respawning with puppets from the factory but that doesn't account for after you beat Fuoco or all the other enemies in the game.

So a few other things I've noticed so far:

• P can deflect small arms fire and what appear to be muskets fairly easily, probably putting him around where someone like Sekiro is in combat speed.
  • P can maybe dodge Ergo blasts? Honestly, everything to do with Ergo right now is confusing, and since it's basically magic spores attacks using it are somewhat confusing.

So a few other things I've noticed so far:

• P can deflect small arms fire and what appear to be muskets fairly easily, probably putting him around where someone like Sekiro is in combat speed.
  • P can maybe dodge Ergo blasts? Honestly, everything to do with Ergo right now is confusing, and since it's basically magic spores attacks using it are somewhat confusing.
How fast is Ergo supposed to be? Does it scale above the electric bolts from the Scrapped Watchman?

Game is fantastic and Laxesia is peak mommy. Haven't played the game only though streams but apparently lighting timer is a given right?

I haven’t reached a single enemy with lightning attacks so I can’t properly talk about it.

The last boss fights using lighting and we can throw it back at her which would make sense given how much stronger we are at that point.

We can quite literally shoot them back.

I'm glad people have taken an interest in the topic
But unfortunately I'll have to stop following my own thread. I couldn't play the game on its release date and I won't be able to for a few months yet
And since I dont want to know anything about the lore before playing, good bye

I'm glad people have taken an interest in the topic
But unfortunately I'll have to stop following my own thread. I couldn't play the game on its release date and I won't be able to for a few months yet
And since I dont want to get spoiled, good bye
Game looks amazing.

Also for everyone else how powerful is Manus?

How fast is Ergo supposed to be? Does it scale above the electric bolts from the Scrapped Watchman?
No clue. Honestly, Ergo is pretty confusing as a concept (although right now it seems to be like how Coral is in Armored Core, It's basically an energy source with a massive collective conscience.

Outside all of that, I don't really have any other feats to mention right now. The highest we can probably get anything would probably be 9-A to 8-C off of the size of some characters. The only thing in lore I could find is wishes possibly being Sol or high. Honestly, it is beyond confusing to say since a note describes humanity as being born from the first wish that was able to reach our star, whatever that means.

Sorry if that lore is confusing lol, there isn't much to go off of in any field right now for feats lol.

Anyone found anything good?
- The Gold Ergo that powers the Scrapped Watchman is stated to be able to power an entire city block.
- I haven’t gotten far enough enough to say for certain, but I think Simon Manus and his machine cause an Earthquake in Krat that basically cracks open the whole city.

Laxasia can summon thunderstorms it seems, although sadly this would most likely just be ED

At least you react to it. Also she does propel herself with lighting and also cloack her sword. Also can't believe a guy with the title awakened god is only building level.

At least you react to it. Also she does propel herself with lighting and also cloack her sword. Also can't believe a guy with the title awakened god is only building level.
He could be more. My leading theory is that Manus would scale to his Machine which mostly pulled all the Ergo it could from Krat which caused the earthquake. It’s not like he’d get anywhere higher than tier 7 off of it, but I think it might be the best we can get.

Back