• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't care what people say, I liked his portryal. Jake G really brought the character to life. If anything was wrong with the character it had to do with writing and not acting

Natse said:
Does he deserve a profile here? He's Regular Human level in all physical aspects.
I think he has skills dangerous enough to beat opponents much stronger than himself

He's honestly one of my favorite villains in the MCU currently, second only to Thanos.

Stat wise, he's 10-B physically, 8-C with drones, he has illusion creation, social influencing (manipulating Peter and Skrull Nick Fury), invisibility, fire manipulation, water manipulation, electricity manipulation, and likely many others I'm not thinking of right now. He honestly has potential to be a pretty damn strong 8-C.

I'll comment more after I'm done sleeping, it's nearly midnight where I'm at.

I've made a Mysterio (Marvel Cinematic Universe) profile. Tier goes like Atleast 10-B, Up to 8-C via technology, higher with prep time. Anyone interested in revising it is welcome.

Also, is it possible to make profiles for fiction within fiction? Because Illusion Mysterio, Molten Man, Hydroman, Sand Man, and the composite Elementals might be fun profiles to be added.

All of that stuff the Elementals did appear to be possible to simulate through the drones. They don't get their own profiles.

Well, Elementals don't exist either. I'm asking the fictional characters are possible to be added or not.

Uh, correction. He wasn't killed Spider-Man, he was hit by his own bullets and managed to hold on for a little while before dying.

Oh, I assumed him getting hit was an illusion. I'll remove the durability justification from him altogether

So i watched the movie yesterday and i must say i really loved Mysterio. The first hallucination is by far one of the most impressive scene in the entire MCU and probably the most terrifying. Though it was pretty obvious he would be a villain in the end to me. Still, one of the best villain of the MCU for me. And i really liked the fact they made him so murderous and cruel, more than the regular bad guys in Marvel movies.

Shouldn't he have Smoke Manipulation with tech ?

Smoke Manipulation was a part of the illusion.

The only Illusion abilities added are from Hydroman, Molten Man and Sandman, because those abilities are physical from what we know, though even they may be subject of change later

• He likely shouldn't have 2 keys, if not the last one should be "At least 10-B, up to 8-C, higher with prep". He's not 8-C by himself.
  • His speed is completely wrong, his drones can have that with no High Hypersonic reactions. The dude is just a normal human.
  • Why is his dura "Likely Human level" when he himself is "At least Human level"??
  • The Range that his drones can travel should be listed.
  • And lastly, his Illusions aren't really that, they are just holograms. The parts perceived as real are real (the elemental powers, explosions and sounds).

Yes?

He reacted to Peter during the elemental fights and during the fight at the end when Peter finally found the real him.

On the elemental fights he was only sometimes really him, those logically being the parts where he's with Peter. And by the end he got punched by Peter and shot by a drone while he was doing what? Maybe watching Peter dodging the attack of his drones at the same speed they were doing that? I'm pretty sure this is not the case.

Only when he wasn't there, he dude can literally make himself invisible and have a fake him be in the very same place where he is. He got blitzed by the punch and the bullets.

He got hit by a punch and by bullets. That doesn't equate to blitz. And, again, he reacted while physically being there.

He couldn't react before that happened, that is a blitz. He didn't reacted, he just was there doing his stuff while Peter was doing his, just being aware of the latter isn't enough for anything.

If he couldn't react to Peter doing his stuff then Peter would've been on top of him before he could even talk.

That's way too specific for both guys' statistics, if he could react he wouldn't have been shot. Also both are portrayed with the news being able to film them in battle, so that doesn't help either.

And no, Peter was too busy dodging bullets and stuff, didn't know talking while someone does that is feat of Reaction Speed. No as if he said something before an attack could reach him or something.

The second key is with Technology. You can remove that if you want.

• His speed is completely wrong, his drones can have that with no High Hypersonic reactions. The dude is just a normal human.
  • Why is his dura "Likely Human level" when he himself is "At least Human level"??
There's no reason to not believe that the bullets are the same speed as Spider-Man and not faster than him. Also, given the SHIELD HQ scene, he either has insane prediction skills to literally react to every one of Peter's attacks and set up illusions to that, or the logical thing is that he has comparable reaction speed. The durability is listed as likely because it isn't clear whether he managed to tank the bullet hit or not, and even his death isn't clearly defined.

• The Range that his drones can travel should be listed.
  • And lastly, his Illusions aren't really that, they are just holograms. The parts perceived as real are real (the elemental powers, explosions and sounds).
Both are listed on the profile, I reckon.

I mean the drones themselves moving, not the bullets, those aren't faster than Spider-Man at all. He needs prep time to make illusions, he never got close to the dude that can one-shot him, only his drones going as him. No keeping up for someone those not even there, let alone "insane prediction skills". At best his team would have the reactions as they do most of the show, but even that is iffy given how Peter was confused and injured.

Zark2099 said:
The durability is listed as likely because it isn't clear whether he managed to tank the bullet hit or not, and even his death isn't clearly defined.
Yes it is. We do not we use this kind of speculation, he died by that.

He's Human level; X level with drones as it was shown that the way the elementals do any real damage is the drones shooting bullet hell or shockwaves underwater.

Speedwise... he has never fought Spidey at all, in any capacity where the fight is 1v1 with no drone help, except for when he tried to shoot while invisible and still got caught. Human level until someone proves otherwise.

Durability... Human level. Regardless of whether or not he survived the bullet, he got damaged by it anyway so it has no bearing on his durability.

So he should have human durability for all keys. Also I feel like the profile includes a few abilities that are clearly just illusions created by Mysterio.

There shouldn't even be any keys.

Attack Potency: Human level; Up to Building level with drones

Speed: Human level; Drones have X flight speed

Durability: Human level

That's it.

Unless he gets EDITH, there's little to note beyond drones that make illusions, invisibility, attack power and sound effects... and that's none of which that comes directly from him, only via the drones.

He's charismatic and is a great actor, if that qualifies as notable abilities.

Back