• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's slow down a little (JJBA speed downgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the crux of the issue; Polnareff explains his feat quite clearly; he cannot keep up with the speed of light ordinarily so he slashed along the only path that Hanged Man could take, which is what allows him to strike somebody. Now sure, we calc this kind of feat based on our assumptions of Chariot's movement, but to accept an MFTL result would mean for us to ignore the context of the fight which is that Polnareff cannot keep up with the speed of light ordinarily.

I'm well aware of the issues in play here, Pol says some shit, but, therein lies another issue, Every single time he strikes along the path, he does so after HM begins moving, and there isn't an assumption of Chariot's movements, at the end of the day, no matter what happens, even ignoring if or if he wasn't there, and everything else, the single thing that absolutely transpired in a certain way was Chariot swinging his blade when HM almost reached the coin. Which is what was calc'd, everything else was left behind. To accept a MFTL would be to ignore the context of the tail end of the fight, but that isn't even inherently true, as said, this isn't the only feat that puts Chariot above HM, he has a FTL+ feat with The Sun later, he scales to FTL and FTL+ characters like Star Platinum. If the only thing that put Chariot above Hanged Man was that singular feat at the end of the arc, I'd be inclined to agree that the feat is what's sus, but that isn't the case, it's one contextual end of a arc vs a bunch of feats and scaling, some of which even happen afterwards and are those more recent. Though, Polnareff says he can't keep up with light (a little sus given he was at least two rel+ to sol feats himself but eh) but even taking that at face value, which I've already said as much, this wouldn't effect the Stand, the Stand consistently kept up and outpaced Hanged Man and has other feats and scaling under its belt, this would only work if Pol and his Stand were equal in speed and reactions, but they aren't, his Stand (like most, unless you're like DIO, a good example would be Koichi and Echoes Act 3, he can't even follow his own Stand properly) are actually demonstrably a fuckton slower than their Stand, as such, I'm willing to compromise on Pol taking a hit if he's demonstrably not as fast as his Stand, which unfortunately he isn't, and I'm also completely on board with nerfing a good percentage of the verse to scale to their own feats or to something else as scaling everyone to the speedsters is insane and straight up dishonest and wrong, but I'm not onboard with saying a Stand that's consistently shown FTL to varying degrees and has some FTL scaling is somehow slower than sol because his user apparently is.

I know you're sick to death of discussing this, but try to look at it from other people's perspective as well. Just you don't like us ignoring the calc, we don't like ignoring Polnareff's words here.

It's not the calc I have issue with ignoring, it's the mountain of things that put Chariot over HM, not just the calc, though the calc is one of said things. As said, if it was a 1/1 thing I'd be inclined to take the statement, but it isn't, it's one thing that should really only apply to the user opposed to the stand itself (though Chariot does have a big caveat here) against far more evidence and showings to the contrary. Though I do agree on some things with you here, just not this.

Anyway, dropping this, I gotta go in like 30m anyway.

Part 6, scaling to Jotaro and Whitesnake?

Something like that, figure out who scales, though everyone backscales from SP, how much do they backscale? Is it enough to warrant FTL? Is it rel? What about the characters that backscale from those that backscale? What about the characters who have their own scaling chain and feats but don't inherently scale to Whitesnake or SP? Though I'll say it not instead of later, Weather Report > Whitesnake in raw speed so whatever WS gets, he gets to a slightly higher degree.

Bump (if we're still in the mood to continue)
Well, we gotta continue eventually, though I was hoping we could keep it quiet a bit longer till the MGS shit is done with so I'll actually have time to focus on this in full.
Though in the meantime, does someone want to go and redo the Kars calc (hell here's some scaling from a Kars model to get whoever does it started) or figure out Part 6 scaling as that's helpful or uncontroversial (probably) respectively (I've written up a small scaling chart in my free time we could use as a base).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back