• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's see where this goes: God of Thunder vs. Man of Steel

Sentry vs Superman is a stomp for Sentry. He has regen that Superman can't get past and his mindhax is better than Charles Xavier (who was deemed to have better mindhax than freaking Martian Manhunter apparently)

He can get past Sentry's regen, honestly. As stated above. But the mindhax is probably gonna give Sentry the win if SUperman resisting MMH is an outlier.

PapiSavitar5025 said:
He can get past Sentry's regen, honestly.
He probably not getting past High, let alone Low-Godly regen. Even if could, Sentry will just ressurect.

As for your question Sentry's AP:

Sentry 1000 kilofoe < Scout (whose body was falling apart from his own power) < Merged/Current Sentry (who took everything Scout dished out and casually snapped his neck)

He's a good deal stronger than he used to be. Worse yet, he's more stable than ever seemingly, which makes it harder to make him lose his form. Before, Sentry was split between his various personas which affected his powers and power level. Now, all those personas have come together as one and are working together.

But man, we've come a long way. We went from getting Thor vs Superman removed because Thor stomped and now Superman is set to win.

Lemongifted101 said:
Either ways stomp
speed equalled

sundipped Sup >> Thor

normal Sup < Thor

Godblast Thor >>> Sup

not a great match anyway.
It's not a stomp. Both characters have ways to put down the other.

I may be wrong

@string @papi @Lord @C2

this speed equalled any way

If base of both while Supe unamp and Thor restrict Godblast Then may be Thor transmute Sup to something (IDK that Sup can tank this but his profile don't have any resistance to this power) but If H2H then Sup can take this due to his superior strength (...only 2-3 x that its matter ?)

Supe < Thor in overall stat not strength (600 K Foe vs ~200 K Foe) and speed advantage (I maybe wrong anyway) but Thor Hax can be nuff for Supe (Mjolnir). Supe only advantage in Speed and AP

God blast Thor made Hungry Purple Boi (Galactus LoL) fly away to save his life (IDK about his AP far from baseline ?) and Busted Ego the living planet to coma him with Thermo heat (But Sup can tank Hypernova so It is may be unaffected him.)

Concluded this -> Unamp Sup vs Norm Thor (W.Mjolnir) Thor then take this (speed equalled)

Amp Sup (Frankly IDK his AP in this form ) vs God blast Thor Incon or Thor (God blast is magic IIRC )

H2H then Sup even speed equalled (w.out Mjolnir)

PL.Sorry for my Bad English ;-) :)

Superman however has his own hax that would allow him to beat Thor, arguably before he defeats him. He could use his Heat Vision on a sub-atomic level and slice through Thor like butter, probably Mjolnir too, but that's probably too far of a stretch.

PapiSavitar5025 said:
Superman however has his own hax that would allow him to beat Thor, arguably before he defeats him. He could use his Heat Vision on a sub-atomic level and slice through Thor like butter, p'robably Mjolnir too, but that's probably too far of a stretch. '
It definitely is. Mjolnir resists Anti-metal a.k.a. Artic Vibranium which creates forces that nullify the atomic bonds of metals. Mjolnir got exposed to a bunch of it and was completly unaffected.

Oh, alright. Apologise, I don't read the comics much, so I was just going off what was on the profile. I don't think I saw anything related to that. Thanks for shedding light on that, either way, am I correct in saying that using Heat Vision to such a scale would probably cut through Thor?

PapiSavitar5025 said:
Oh, alright. Apologise, I don't read the comics much, so I was just going off what was on the profile. I don't think I saw anything related to that. Thanks for shedding light on that, either way, am I correct in saying that using Heat Vision to such a scale would probably cut through Thor?
After doing some research...I don't think so. It took me a bit but I found a comic where Kang tried to hit Thor with a dissolution beam. The beam literally splits atoms apart and Thor resisted it. It hurt but it didn't do anything. So, Thor is resistant to Matter Manip at the atomic level, which is beyond microscopic. He also resists things like the Absolute Zero which also affects atoms.

Either way, I think we can agree that a Willing to Kill Superman would probably pull out something like phasing before Thor could pull out something that Superman doesn't resist, right?

Transmutation was never an option, Superman already resists matter manip on same level Thor can preform or better.

Phasing won't work as Thor has Intagibility with Mjolnir as well plus he can likley power null Superman's anyway.

Willing to kill doesn't mean that Superman will go instantly for a kill option either. He and Thor are still in character and will go through their usual methods. Normally, for Superman, killing's off the table. For Thor, he'd rather not but he's always been willing to fight to the death. But like Superman, he holds back.

Alright, fair enough Omegon. What I have to ask you now is, do you think the current votes are valid as a vote for Superman? Or do you think it's more likely Thor can whip out something Superman doesn't resist before Superman takes him down?

Honestly, if I have to give an opionon based off everything I know about the characters from what I've read and researched of the two over the years...I see this as an inconclusive. Shoot, that was part of the reason I made the thread, as I judged them to be so even.

Breaking it down:

Superman: Supes main advantage on paper would be his sheer number of applications his powers have plus his numerous resistances. The issue for him comes in several factors. First up, his major go-to weapons outside his fists (heat vision and freeze breath) are very much rendered useless by Thor's own resistances and defenses. Phasing is also pratically useless. Superman's other options like Illusions are options he never really uses and even if did, Thor has work-arounds and experience even if he doesn't straight up have resistance. Really, Superman's best advantages are the fact that for the vast most part, he can tank a lot of what Thor can dish out and force things to be more of a slugging match. Plus, his higher lifting strength does give him an advanatge in CQC.

Thor: For Thor, his major advanatges are the fact that his offensive (non-hax) abilities are not as hard countered and he has better defensive options even if he doesn't have as much. Having two different attacks that deal way more damage than his normal attacks, another that double his enemy's own attack and send it back at them plus the ability to just erect shields are not things that you can underestimate. Plus, Thor has seen Superman's type of powerset before: in Gladiator. The fact is, Thor is magic. While Superman can deal with magic, it's a real thorn in his side because he just doesn't any special defenses. To be fair, Thor's brand of magic is something Superman has been hit with and he can manage but it doesn't change the fact that magic lightning still hurts him quite a bit will help Thor rack up damage faster than he would otherwise. Also, I've yet to see Superman navigate dimensions on his own or the extent of his ability to tear holes in reality so if Thor banishes him to another dimension (like the one that makes his enemies powers work backwards), chances are he's not coming back. Thing is, Thor still has to actually get him with that and Superman will not make that easy all, so there's no 100% guarantee of it working.

Conclusion: Looking at it as objectively as I can, neither has a true, be-all end-all method over eachother. Well, actually both have a method. Superman could just try to fry Thor's brain through his eyes BUT that will never be a first option for. Moreso, Superman is even less likely to try once he see his heat vision is easily countered. With Thor, he could just go Warrior's Madness and amp himself up for a oneshot easily. Problem is, it goes against his nature to do that and it's considered to be a crime worthy of death on Asgard. Chances of him doing it are almost zero. Each has various methods that give them some kind of advantage but the other has either faced it before, resists it or has some kind equivalent that just lets them even the playing field back out. Worse yet, for all their powers, when they get into the thick of it, a lot times they just go for the slugging match and try to power on through, not even bothering with their more esoteric powers. That puts it down to two relatively equal powerhouses duking it out, with either of them capable of winning.

Tl;DR- Superman has more stuff overall, but his more powerful and combat oriented stuff gets countered and lot of his more esoteric abilities don't give him enough of an advantage to make that much of a difference. Heck, some of those lesser used powers are useless here as well. Thor has more combat focused stuff in terms of pure offense and defense but he's more straight forward as a result. His other stuff could make a difference but he needs to actually land them and I just don't think Superman would give him that kind oppurtunity.

Basically, the sutff they have over each other is situational that I would never bank on any of it. There's so much to analyze that really it could so many different ways that trying to rate one over the other feels like arguing semantics.

Perhaps it's more of an inconclusive match then. Even if they were both bloodlusted and fighting to the death, it's a toss-up of who dies first with what C2 mentioned.

Though, with all that said, I feel like it kinda leans towards what I said, about Superman being able to pull out something to defeat Thor before the God of Thunder can pull out something to beat him. I don't see it as a decisive win if you put it like that, I'm still sticking with Superman, high difficulty. This isn't an easy fight for either of them.

Anyways, the Post has already been concluded. I guess just do a re-do of the fight if any of you disagree that much with the outcome.

No. I don't believe I can. I don't think that's in my power. Even if it was, I'm a mobile user. I can't edit profiles anyway. You'll have to request this on the appropriate board.

The Wright Way said:
No. I don't believe I can. I don't think that's in my power. Even if it was, I'm a mobile user. I can't edit profiles anyway. You'll have to request this on the appropriate board.
Alright.

What a minute...Lord Urien and CBSlayeR basically recanted their votes as inconclusive. The FRA's were based off things like Superman cutting Thor in half with mircoscoptic heat vision, or Superman getting to sundip himeself wouldn't work out. In fact, almost everything the two throw at each other gets cancelled out some kind defense, resistance or would basically never come up.

Didn't Wonder Woman beat Hercules in a fight in a canon DC vs MC crossover in the comic book that isn't a fan vote? Since Hercules is equal to Thor and Superman is stronger than Wonder Woman, then logically Superman should beat Thor in a fight.

Yeah I think I'm voting for Inconclusive.

Also I think King Hyperion vs Superman needs to be redone. I think Superman would win now that he's got more additions in.

JohnCenaNation said:
Didn't Wonder Woman beat Hercules in a fight in a canon DC vs MC crossover in the comic book that isn't a fan vote? Since Hercules is equal to Thor and Superman is stronger than Wonder Woman, then logically Superman should beat Thor in a fight.
That's ABC logic. That doesn't fly.

Besides, the difference between Supes and WW in terms of power is so minute that they are one par with each. The only real reason Supes would win would be the sheer number of abilities he has over her with WW having no real way to deal with. In she could, she'd trash him on HtH honestly. In addition, Thor beat WW already on site. So you two people who can beat WW now fighting each other.

Furthermore, Thor would actually trashes Hercules in a fight because due to his better offensive, defensive and hax options. The only thing the two are equal in is physical strength and skill. The moment Thor moves beyond that he'd win

C2 of Omegon said:
JohnCenaNation said:
That's ABC logic. That doesn't fly.
Besides, the difference between Supes and WW in terms of power is so minute that they are one par with each. The only real reason Supes would win would be the sheer number of abilities he has over her with WW having no real way to deal with. In she could, she'd trash him on HtH honestly. In addition, Thor beat WW already on site. So you two people who can beat WW now fighting each other.

Furthermore, Thor would actually trashes Hercules in a fight because due to his better offensive, defensive and hax options. The only thing the two are equal in is physical strength and skill. The moment Thor moves beyond that he'd win
So couldn't Superman not just fry Thor's brain just like he did to Goku in Death Battle?

LordUrien935 said:
Also I think King Hyperion vs Superman needs to be redone. I think Superman would win now that he's got more additions in.
Honestly, at this point King Hyperion vs Superman is probably the better matchup. Because the more I re-familirize myself with Superman, the less fair this matchup sounds. It's great on paper, but once you dig into the details...

I'd forgotten how Superman's powers work (sue me, I read far more Marvel than DC, though I delve into both), specifically his bio-electric matrix. See the reason magic is such a problem is because the bio-eletric matrix doesn't handle magic well at all.

Basically, magic damage will hurt him far more easily than a lot of other things. A playing card charged with magic can go from flimsy cardboard to cutting his skin. Now magic trying to do things like, I don't know, hit him with matter manip...? Well on one hand, he's got resistance but if his bio-electric matrix (which is the source of his durability and resistance to various forms of damage) doesn't handle magic well at the best of times, this may mean that Superman's resistances may not be anywhere near as effective when fighting a magic user.

If we accept that's possibility...then this goes from Thor and Superman canceling each other out to Thor having a massive advantage with all his options working on some level effectivness while Superman has almost every disadvanatge.

Which would make this a stomp. Full stop.

With all this said and done, I still think Superman's versitile enough to put the beatdown on Thor, being capable of turning invisible, making illusions, his Heat Visions gonna pack a punch even if the heat itself doesn't do anything. I imagine the sonic scream would daze Thor enough for SUperman to land a few good punches in, and possibly even disable Thor via use of Pressure Point strikes, or other martial arts moved he's had over the years. (I would probably give Thor the edge in martial arts though, but still Pressure Point strikes is a good weapon to use.)

Well, the match was added so I guess it doesn't matter anymore. Much as I'd like Superman to have as many wins as possible, I'm not expecting the match to stay up for very long.

Also someone redo Superman vs King Hyperion

Back